jo garnett
Kathy
Sazzle
densil
8 posters

Go down

Suddenly started sleeping on our bed Empty Suddenly started sleeping on our bed

Post by densil Tue Oct 08 2013, 12:56

We have had Densil for about 18 months now and he had always slept in his bed in the spare room, although we leave our bedroom door open so he knows where we are if he needs us. Suddenly the last 2 nights he has come in and slept on our bed. The first night he only stayed there a couple of hours, but last night he was there all night. I'm not very happy with this as he was on my feet all night and I couldn't move around as much as I would like, and ended up with only half a quilt, lol. I am thinking about bringing his bed into the bedroom tonight to see if i can coax him off our bed. Not sure why he has started to do this as nothing different has happened to cause it.
densil
densil
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Suddenly started sleeping on our bed Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Densil
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Suddenly started sleeping on our bed Empty Re: Suddenly started sleeping on our bed

Post by Sazzle Tue Oct 08 2013, 13:19

I think they just like to be with people, I know if I don't want Daisy in my room I have to shut her out or she is on my bed! Which I wouldn't mind if she didn't snore so bad, keeps me awake! Laughing
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Suddenly started sleeping on our bed Empty Re: Suddenly started sleeping on our bed

Post by Kathy Tue Oct 08 2013, 13:30

Rocky has pretty much always slept on our bed since we got him, they do love to be warm and with their family all the time this may account for it.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by jo garnett Tue Oct 08 2013, 16:20

Our 2 sleep with us - it can be very difficult, ie I get pushed out, hubby gets pushed out, the dogs have all the covers while we have none, etc, etc. But I can't shut them out Laughing 
jo garnett
jo garnett

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Lola and Chloe
Dog(s) Ages : both 3 years
Dog Gender(s) : Both female
Support total : 86

Back to top Go down

Post by RichardN Wed Oct 09 2013, 08:04

I've never allowed Knalle in my bedroom - her bed is on the couch just outside my door or in her kennel under my desk. If we want to snuggle, we do it on a camping mat on the floor for naps or on her couch but my bedroom is mine.

When we brought her home at 4 months, I just blocked the door with my presence till she got the point. Same with the laundry room. Now i can leave the doors open and even throw her ball in the bedroom - she stops at the door and just looks at me with sad eyes till I go get her ball. And when the cats eat in the laundry room, she likes to lie down at the door and watch them eat - 2 feet in front of her.

IMO - you can't expect them to stay off the bed when you don't want them there if you allow it at any time.

RichardN
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by caro Fri Nov 01 2013, 19:16

Our Poppy has from the day we got her,slept in her own cuddly bed,in our bedroom,(snoring ? Oh yes,but have got use to that now Smile )

Every morning at daybreak she creeps up on our bed next to hubby,and stays there till we get up. We don't mind at all,as long as she is happy,then so are we.
Would not change her habits at all,we love it, the closeness of her makes us happy.
caro
caro
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Poppy
Dog(s) Ages : 8 year old (Rescue Staffie)
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 01 2013, 19:20

My 2 are bed hogs , chair hogs , knee hogs , if there are people there than they want to be there too , it's just a staffy thing but if you want to stop it ( regardless of how cruel and insensitive to the dogs needs it is Tongues  ) then you have to start now and be very firm

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Nov 01 2013, 19:20

Just close the door, or put a baby gate on...........Moo has always slept in my bed and I wouldn't have it any other way Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 01 2013, 19:24

Oh and if you are going to consign him to the floor ( you know that hard thing under the bed that you would never ever dream of sleeping on by choice ) make sure he has a couple of nice pillows Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Fri Nov 01 2013, 20:23

could be that its starting to get colder,they do love to snuggle up and be warm Big Grin 
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 01 2013, 20:52

Personally, I think it is a natural thing for a dog (especially a human-loving dog like a Staff) to want to sleep snuggled up to or at least in close proximity to their beloved human.

If this doesn't fit, for whatever reason, with the dog's owner's preferred lifestyle, the ground-rules need to be laid down firmly, but kindly, about where he is expected to sleep (needless to say, his bed must be comfortable, cosy and warm where he feels happy and safe, smelling of him and if necessary an old sock or whatever smelling of you)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 02 2013, 07:42

Aww it sounds to me like he's wanting a little comfort Smile or he could just be cold and want to steal your warmth and comfort Laughing how did he do last night?

Back to top Go down

Post by densil Sat Nov 02 2013, 09:32

Densil has still been sleeping on our bed most nights. I have now brought his bed into our bedroom and sometimes he will get up in the night and go in his bed, otherwise he curls up at the bottom of our bed. I think he may be feeling a bit insecure for some reason as he has suddenly started getting frightened of cars again on his walks, so I have had to go back to the "look" command and rewarding with treats.
densil
densil
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Suddenly started sleeping on our bed Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Densil
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down