What meat do i ask the butcher for?

Go down

What meat do i ask the butcher for? Empty What meat do i ask the butcher for?

Post by Hargar Thu Oct 03 2013, 09:04

My cousin has said he will sort me out with meat for lola when he back in 2weeks. Im just wondering what i should ask for to start her on a raw diet?????

Hargar
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
What meat do i ask the butcher for? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog(s) Ages : 1year
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

What meat do i ask the butcher for? Empty Re: What meat do i ask the butcher for?

Post by Guest Thu Oct 03 2013, 11:01

I don't feed raw Harry so wouldn't know, but someone will be along to advise you better. Big Grin 

Back to top Go down

What meat do i ask the butcher for? Empty Re: What meat do i ask the butcher for?

Post by Guest Thu Oct 03 2013, 11:03

just anything uncooked. try to stay away from minces and rich meats like lamb

Back to top Go down

Post by Hargar Thu Oct 03 2013, 11:16

But does she need to have tings like liver and hearts aswell as bones and meat? Im hoping that he can supply me with wat i need every week, as hopefully it will b free or cheap atleast.

Hargar
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
What meat do i ask the butcher for? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog(s) Ages : 1year
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 03 2013, 11:18

Ella says the best thing to start of with are things like chicken wings & carcass's, I'm someone will pop along shortly who can help a little more Harry Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 03 2013, 11:32

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 03 2013, 16:58

Yes, things like chicken wings and backs are great to start with and yes, hearts, livers, necks, trotters, bones etc all form part of the diet. The link Claire has given you is very useful (as is Ella!) so if there's anything at all you need to know, just ask Smile

My two have been on raw for about 5 or 6 months now and are thriving. Once they were completely used to it I added things like cow's heels, lambs trotters and tails and occasionally they get an entire sheep's head each as a treat gorge. Their favourite is chicken backs and they also enjoy liver and kidneys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down