+3
jo garnett
Sazzle
stella
7 posters

Go down

Poorly cat! Empty Poorly cat!

Post by jo garnett Thu Sep 26 2013, 19:43

We have 4 cats and the biggest, most macho cat, who disappears into the fields on a night, coming back with endless 'kill', came back on Tuesday morning battered, bruised, and bloodied, with the lower part of his mouth (chin, if cats do have chins?) in a mash, his left ear in tatters. He's lived in the back of a wardrobe since then, coming out for very gentle strokes, and today a bit of food. We've bathed his face, and might take him to the vet tomorrow. To take him to the vet's straight away would have killed him - he was that poorly/stressed/scared/terrified of travelling in the car. Tonight, he's let Chloe go very gently up to him and rub noses (this is Chloe who usually charges up to him and is a bit too rough for him to sit around usually). Just shows how gentle and loving Staffies are Smile 
jo garnett
jo garnett
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Lola and Chloe
Dog(s) Ages : both 3 years
Dog Gender(s) : Both female
Support total : 86

Back to top Go down

Poorly cat! Empty Re: Poorly cat!

Post by stella Thu Sep 26 2013, 20:35

ahh clever girl Chloe for being kind to the poorly cat,hope he gets better soon Smile 
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 26 2013, 20:44

Clever girl. I would get the cat to the vet asap honestly. If it was attacked by another animal the bacteria that is present will be much more dangerous. I understand your reasons for not doing it immediately but i agree its time to go now x big fishy kisses for cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Thu Sep 26 2013, 20:57

Awwww Love Struck Hope he gets well soon xx
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 26 2013, 21:00

Aww bless, we have 4 cats too. Is the cat neutered cos that can help with the scrapping biggrin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 26 2013, 21:39

Sad aww no. I do hope he heals quickly. Let us know how you get on, and well done to Chloe. Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by jo garnett Fri Sep 27 2013, 06:44

Chiara wrote:Aww bless, we have 4 cats too. Is the cat neutered cos that can help with the scrapping biggrin 
Yes all the cats are neutered - all 4 males! Didn't intend to have so many! We've bathed his face in some liquid which the vet gave us a month ago when another one got in a big fight and developed an abscess so Sammy looks a bit better this morning. However, his ear tips aren't going to grow back Sad I think there's a really mean cat out there somewhere to suddenly start taking on cats from a 4 cat/2 dog household Laughing 
jo garnett
jo garnett

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 27 2013, 06:54

Aww poor baby Crying or Very sad go out and find that mean cat mummy Sad glad he a little better today Smile are you taking him the vets? Smile

Last edited by Darcy-may on Fri Sep 27 2013, 10:49; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 27 2013, 08:59

jo garnett wrote:
Chiara wrote:Aww bless, we have 4 cats too. Is the cat neutered cos that can help with the scrapping biggrin 
Yes all the cats are neutered - all 4 males! Didn't intend to have so many! We've bathed his face in some liquid which the vet gave us a month ago when another one got in a big fight and developed an abscess so Sammy looks a bit better this morning. However, his ear tips aren't going to grow back Sad I think there's a really mean cat out there somewhere to suddenly start taking on cats from a 4 cat/2 dog household Laughing 
Glad he is a bit better, there are some angry cats out there! All ours are done but still get into fights. There is a cat lives near us, I call him 'naughty cat' because he is the one that fights with my 2 of mine. They have both ended up with abcesses. If one of my cats is looking out the window he sometimes jumps up on the outside just to wind them up. I ended up with broken blinds thanks to him as the cats would leap through the blinds to get away biggrin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Sep 27 2013, 10:46

I would be inclined to get him to the vet ASAP too, get any infection under control as soon as you can. Hope he is feeling better very soon. Poorly cat! 3198918699 
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Fri Sep 27 2013, 11:50

Could it have been a minor collision with a car? Unfortunately when a cat is in danger it turns to face the threat, arches it's back and fluffs out the fur to make itself look bigger. This is the reason why cats which are hit by a car very often suffer facial injuries, unlike a dog which tends to tuck the tail in and run and so suffer hip and hind leg injuries.
We have 3 cats, 2 of which are male and neutered, but still get into scraps occassionaly.
reuben
reuben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by jo garnett Sat Sep 28 2013, 07:54

reuben wrote:Could it have been a minor collision with a car?  Unfortunately when a cat is in danger it turns to face the threat, arches it's back and fluffs out the fur to make itself look bigger. This is the reason why cats which are hit by a car very often suffer facial injuries, unlike a dog which tends to tuck the tail in and run and so suffer hip and hind leg injuries.
We have 3 cats, 2 of which are male and neutered, but still get into scraps occassionaly.
I think you may be right Reuben - looking at his injuries, that seems to make sense as everything is at the front. The vet didn't know what had happened when we took him yesterday but said there was no infection so he would just heal in time. I wondered if he'd been kicked but that wouldn't have damaged both ears as well as his chin.

He's drinking milk this morning - and Chloe is still trying to lick him better Big Grin 
jo garnett
jo garnett

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Sat Sep 28 2013, 13:08

jo garnett wrote:
reuben wrote:Could it have been a minor collision with a car?  Unfortunately when a cat is in danger it turns to face the threat, arches it's back and fluffs out the fur to make itself look bigger. This is the reason why cats which are hit by a car very often suffer facial injuries, unlike a dog which tends to tuck the tail in and run and so suffer hip and hind leg injuries.
I think you may be right Reuben - looking at his injuries, that seems to make sense as everything is at the front. The vet didn't know what had happened when we took him yesterday but said there was no infection so he would just heal in time. I wondered if he'd been kicked but that wouldn't have damaged both ears as well as his chin.

He's drinking milk this morning - and Chloe is still trying to lick him better Big Grin 
Great news. Sounds like he is on the mend. Little star Chloe, our cats wouldn't let Bacchus near them I'm afraid. I think they still resent him, having had a dog free house for so many years. He pretty much ignores them now but they never miss a chance to have a spit at him.
reuben
reuben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Sat Sep 28 2013, 13:20

I hope he gets much better very soon! Clever girl Chloe for being so gentle and caring!
Maria90
Maria90

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by cesca1 Sat Sep 28 2013, 14:57

Arhh clever girl Chloe. I hope your cat gets better asap Poorly cat! 3198918699 
cesca1
cesca1

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog(s) Ages : 20.04.12
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 65

Back to top Go down