Seven-year-old girl needed surgery after being mauled in dog attack

+3
youngkaiser
gem
Steve
7 posters

Go down

Seven-year-old girl needed surgery after being mauled in dog attack Empty Seven-year-old girl needed surgery after being mauled in dog attack

Post by Steve Sat Apr 23 2011, 12:55

http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/news/girl-7-mauled-dog-attack/article-3479084-detail/article.html

doh

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Seven-year-old girl needed surgery after being mauled in dog attack Empty Re: Seven-year-old girl needed surgery after being mauled in dog attack

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23 2011, 13:16

.. a staffy type dog.???... that could be anything !!

Back to top Go down

Seven-year-old girl needed surgery after being mauled in dog attack Empty Re: Seven-year-old girl needed surgery after being mauled in dog attack

Post by Steve Sat Apr 23 2011, 13:36

the owner must of knew the dog was abit funny with people Sad another case of bad ownership

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23 2011, 13:36

great.. just what we need to give staffys an even worse name !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sat Apr 23 2011, 19:50

Oh dear that poor child!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dont really know what to say but im not defending the dog or the family that own it and putting it to sleep was right to do any attack on a child like that a no no Sad
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23 2011, 21:17

I agree with you gem. It was the right thing to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Apr 23 2011, 21:38

but the owner is getting away again! it's get well mad if you cant bring up a dog right wich you need locking up. he/she must of knew the dog was funny with other people so why would you let a kid in the garden?

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sat Apr 23 2011, 21:47

Steve wrote:but the owner is getting away again! it's get well mad if you cant bring up a dog right wich you need locking up. he/she must of knew the dog was funny with other people so why would you let a kid in the garden?
I know what your saying and should add the owner should have a lifetime ban of owning any dog also should be charged with having a dangerous dog which is on there property and also compensation from the owners for the child its only fair and may make people think twice
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Sat Apr 23 2011, 21:48

when kid about in my house i always keeping a eye on the dogs dont matter what!

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sat Apr 23 2011, 21:57

Steve wrote:when kid about in my house i always keeping a eye on the dogs dont matter what!
I got to say my kids were teenagers when I got my 2 dogs and when the grandkids came along I was so worried but the dogs they know the rules and they get along great, the dogs love the kids and vise versa but werever I go the dogs come im happy at that I can keep my eye on them all.
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24 2011, 01:29

yes I agree with all that has been said. the owners are probably already out there getting another dog...... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by youngkaiser Mon Apr 25 2011, 21:20

Just read it and i cant believe the father aint blaming the owners its ridiculous really and saying these types of dogs shouldnt be allowed as pets gets me mad although i agree the dog to be put to sleep but i dont agree with oly the dog getting punished the owners should to
youngkaiser
youngkaiser

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kaiser
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25 2011, 22:07

Steve wrote:when kid about in my house i always keeping a eye on the dogs dont matter what!

You've hit the nail on the head there. So many people allow dogs & young children to be unsupervised. So many things can go wrong. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by nick h Wed May 04 2011, 02:06

some of those comments in the newspaper are a joke!.... it,s all down to how the dogs are raised and treated, it's the owners that are dangerous not the dogs.
nick h
nick h
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : jazz
Dog(s) Ages : 2yr 2 mnths
Dog Gender(s) : bitch
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by cmt Fri May 06 2011, 11:40

I only recently read about this and am looking for reassurance! We done research on the staff and always believed them to be a good choice for a family! That's not to say she doesn't go a bit mad sometimes and excitable and at the moment as she's young she is quite bad for bitting, but this story really disturbed me, and I came across others too. Is it merely in the way a dog is brought up? Nala is 24 weeks, and has not shown any nastiness at all to date, appart from typical puppy bitting and naughtiness. I came across another story saying a man who'd raised his dog for 7 years from 8 week old and his dog had attacked him really badly, is this only because of the way a dog has been raised? I know staffs are really powerful dogs, and shouldn't be left alone with children, but my children play out the garden with Nala, and I may not be actually there with them 100% of the time (I'm in the kitchen near by but not actually there), and I do leave my daughter with her if i pop upstairs whilst she's sleeping and cuddling with them! This is our first staffie and it's just worried me reading those articles.
cmt
cmt
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nala
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06 2011, 11:59

yes it all to do with the way the dog is brought up
going back to the mman who had brought his dog up for 7 years there nothing to say he has disaplined his dog correctly he may have been lax with what is right and wrong
and leveing your child when you are upstairs is i will not say risky but i personly wouldnt be doing it not becouse youv a staffy i wouldnt leave any dog unsupervised with a child.
even thou i really think thay would be safer with a staffy than any other breed(and i include all the bull breeds in this catigary)

Back to top Go down

Post by cmt Fri May 06 2011, 21:57

Thanks for your response, it has really scared me since reading about that little girl!
cmt
cmt

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nala
Dog Gender(s) : Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 06 2011, 22:11

Staffs are probably the best dog in the world with kids. My two kids (now 18 & nearly 17) learned to stand up by grabbing my staff's scruff & pulling! He never turned a hair, he'd just look at me with a pained expression & let them get on with it. However, I would also be telling both kids not to grab the dog like that, and I'd release their fingers from his neck. Kids should always be taught to respect their dogs & to give them space if they need it.

No dog of any breed should ever be left alone with young children. Things get so quickly out of control & what starts as a game could end up a disaster.

If you bring up your dog and your kids right, there will be no problem, and your kids will have the best friend in the owrld!

Back to top Go down

Post by lauren19 Wed May 11 2011, 22:00

I have also read stories about dogs who have supposedly been brought up right and have turned and mauled for no reason and now wonder if my past actions were wrong? My mum got her staffy (Jade) 3 months before my daughter was born and they have grown up together - I may be wrong but i fully trust Jade around my kids. She is so tolerant and even now that she is 9 years old she still puts up with my 3 year old son who can be unintentionally rough. I lived with my mum until my daughters were 3 & 4 years old and I wouldnt have thought twice about leaving them alone in the same room as the dog. Maybe that was a mistake but they were brought up knowing how to treat the dog and I suppose I would have blamed myself if my judgment had been wrong....
Makes me sad when I read the bad stories as I wonder if all dogs do have the potential to be bad.... Sad
lauren19
lauren19

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rhia
Dog Gender(s) : female

Back to top Go down

Post by shane dee Sun May 15 2011, 21:53

Caryll wrote:Staffs are probably the best dog in the world with kids. My two kids (now 18 & nearly 17) learned to stand up by grabbing my staff's scruff & pulling! He never turned a hair, he'd just look at me with a pained expression & let them get on with it. However, I would also be telling both kids not to grab the dog like that, and I'd release their fingers from his neck. Kids should always be taught to respect their dogs & to give them space if they need it.

No dog of any breed should ever be left alone with young children. Things get so quickly out of control & what starts as a game could end up a disaster.

If you bring up your dog and your kids right, there will be no problem, and your kids will have the best friend in the owrld!

yes staffys are great with kids, if they are reared with kids there will be no problems and as caryll said they will have a friend for life. its the way a dog is reared is the problem and that goes back to the owner in my opinion. but i do feel staffys get a lot of bad press and are stereotyped due to no fault of their own.
shane dee
shane dee
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : jasper
Dog Gender(s) : male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down