7 year old boy and 5 year old girl - need a new home

3 posters

Go down

lock 7 year old boy and 5 year old girl - need a new home

Post by CarlaErika1978 Tue Aug 05 2014, 12:57

I never thought I would ever have to do this and its with great sadness and a heavy heart I find myself having no option but to  join this site.  I have two Staffs, boy aged 7 and girl aged 5.  I split up with my partner in September last year and am now raising my two young daughters alone whilst having a full time job. Giving the dogs what they need it proving more difficult as I go along. My boy spends 8 hours a day in a cage whilst I'm at work as they have had one bad fight before when they were left alone and I don't want it repeated. Money is tight so I can't afford to have somebody walk them in the day.  Although my boy is 7 he's still quite lively and just adores being around people. He's frustrated and it breaks my heart I can't give him what he deserves. I've had them both since 8 weeks old and they've had a litter of 9 beautiful puppies, they both come with pedigree papers/cert. I don't want to use a shelter as signing them over and not knowing where or who they are with just seems so harsh at this stage.  They have been raised around babies, toddlers and children all their lives and I trust them whole heartedly around my children, other children and family.  They have never shown any signs of aggression.  They would be suited to a family and/or a retiree who would be able to give them regular exercise and routine, they thrive on routine and don't need much exercise now, they're happy with a little but they will of course go on for hours too!  I'd be happy for them to be separated.

I know its a bit of a long shot but if anybody can help or point me in the right direction I'd be grateful for any advice.  

Thank you x

CarlaErika1978
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

lock Re: 7 year old boy and 5 year old girl - need a new home

Post by Sazzle Tue Aug 05 2014, 13:36

I'm sorry to hear this and unfotunately we can't allow private re-homing on here. The best and safest option is to contact a rescue centre (hopefully they can stay with you until the rescue finds them a suitable home) They will vet potential adopters in a way which you could never do. This is our rescue centre list.

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t10833-rescue-centres-list
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

lock Re: 7 year old boy and 5 year old girl - need a new home

Post by Maximus green Tue Aug 05 2014, 21:11

I'm very sorry to read the situation your in , your obviously love your dogs with a passion . I send my best wishes to you and your dogs and hope every thing turns out for the best for everyone involved Good luck.
Maximus green
Maximus green
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Max. Kc name. Maximus Green
Dog(s) Ages : Birth date. 26/09/2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 45

Back to top Go down