loopyblonde
scott
Bruno311210
janey
Steve
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

(Gumtree) WARNING Do Not Give Your Dog Away  - Page 2 Empty (Gumtree) WARNING Do Not Give Your Dog Away

Post by Steve Thu Apr 21 2011, 19:44

First topic message reminder :

If you are unfortunate enough to be in a position where you have to sell or give your dog away please consider the owner enquiring about your pooch.

Some people around Guildford are taking on free or very cheap family dogs and using them in the brutal illegal sport, dog fighting. These dogs are caged and forced to fight other dogs that are trained to kill for money. As you can imagine it is a devastating end to a once loved part of the family. Dogs that will not fight are tied up and used as 'bait dogs' to be the punch bag for fighting dogs in training.

A lady who gave her Golden retriever away to a supposedly loving home, got a call only 2 weeks later from the RSPCA that had found her dead dog in a dog fighting establishment, tied up and its mussel duck taped after it had been mauled to death by other dogs. The microchip was still holding her previous owners address.

This is happening all the time, Dogs area also being stolen from homes and gardens and used to support this horrible sport.

(Gumtree) WARNING Do Not Give Your Dog Away  - Page 2 57821578

if you have to rehome your dog please give him or her to a rescue centre
http://staffy-bull-terrier.co.uk/listofrescues.html

Last edited by Steve on Fri Jun 17 2011, 15:25; edited 2 times in total

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

(Gumtree) WARNING Do Not Give Your Dog Away  - Page 2 Empty Re: (Gumtree) WARNING Do Not Give Your Dog Away

Post by chelly Sat Jun 11 2011, 23:21

Staffy wrote:Poor Chelly stuck in Dublin.

thanks staffy. but i wont be in dublin for long, its just a stepping stone to my new life, soon as i get my sam from the rescue IL be touring ireland, and whose knows after that the worlds my oyster.
chelly
chelly
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

(Gumtree) WARNING Do Not Give Your Dog Away  - Page 2 Empty Re: (Gumtree) WARNING Do Not Give Your Dog Away

Post by Staffy Sat Jun 11 2011, 23:26

chelly wrote:

thanks staffy. but i wont be in dublin for long, its just a stepping stone to my new life, soon as i get my sam from the rescue IL be touring ireland, and whose knows after that the worlds my oyster.

Co.Clare's nice btw Wink.
Staffy
Staffy
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
(Gumtree) WARNING Do Not Give Your Dog Away  - Page 2 Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Tilly.
Dog Gender(s) : Female.

Back to top Go down

Post by chelly Sat Jun 11 2011, 23:30

Staffy wrote:
chelly wrote:

Co.Clare's nice btw Wink.

thanks for that staffy will keep it in mind. what part of clare would you suggest?
chelly
chelly
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy Sat Jun 11 2011, 23:32

All the coast and the burren.
Staffy
Staffy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by chelly Sat Jun 11 2011, 23:39

Staffy wrote:All the coast and the burren.

thanks for that i never seen a coast line or being on a beach
chelly
chelly
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by chelly Sat Jun 11 2011, 23:40

whats the burren?
chelly
chelly
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy Sat Jun 11 2011, 23:47

chelly wrote:
Staffy wrote:All the coast and the burren.

thanks for that i never seen a coast line or being on a beach

Fill your car up and have money ready for tolls lots of tolls then go down the N7.Then get on the M7 eventually under the river Shannon(Limerick) and through the other side then head for Shannon(Small town).Then take things from there.

It took us 2 and bit hours to get from dublin port to Shannon.

Would make a good long weekend trip to do the coast and the burren.
Staffy
Staffy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy Sat Jun 11 2011, 23:51

chelly wrote:whats the burren?

http://www.clarelibrary.ie/eolas/coclare/places/the_burren/burren_intro.htm

A photo I took(looks a lot better If it's sunny) :(Gumtree) WARNING Do Not Give Your Dog Away  - Page 2 249975_1902164367402_1640490642_1849151_5621623_n
Staffy
Staffy

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18 2011, 15:48

I just seen advertised almost a dozen free to go home staff and staff crosses on preloved.
So i messaged them all explaining what could happen perhaps write up a contract and i gave them a link from this site listing all rescue centres i just hope they take a look and read the entire message as its very long.
There are some aweful excuses on that site one was a 10 year german shepherd growled at a child due to the child pulling and tugging so now they are giving him away after owning him for 10 years. if he doesn't get rehomed he will be getting put to sleep.
Another one a staff mastiff has now become too big for someones two bedroom house so they are giving him away. A dog doesn't care if they are so big they have to jump up and over crap just take him out more often and give him some love. These people just don't understand you need to research a breed and stick with it throughout its life not chuck it away when things become a little tough.
The amount of border collies i seen advertised free to good home was also sad these dogs are extremely intelligent but people just like their looks but when they realise they need ALOT of mental stimulation or they can become destructive they throw it aside.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 18 2011, 16:26

That's the problem these days, noone does the research. They get a dog cos it's cute, find out how much work is involved and just pass the dog on like an old shoe. It drives me nuts. Charlie is being an absolute pain in the * at the moment but I wouldn't give him up for the world, I'm just putting in a bit of extra effort. Some people just can't be bothered to do that Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19 2011, 09:43

yeah it is just far too easy to dump your ' pet ' and start again.
wow when I think of the heartache and trouble Jethro caused over the years.. but I wouldn't sell him for a million dollars... Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia05 Mon Jul 21 2014, 09:45

Hiya was reading the dog fighting posts that and breeding a dog for money makes me so angry. Ive had mia since she was 3 years old at nine months she had a litter of pups and another litter shortly after that . They sold all the pups then her and kept her in a kitchen in a cage till i got her when she was three she also had 3 previous owners. It took her a long time to trust and she doesnt like bigger dogs because of her experience as a pup im glad i saved her and wouldnt be without her now.

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

(Gumtree) WARNING Do Not Give Your Dog Away  - Page 2 B310
Mia05
Mia05
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 2005-2016 rip mia
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1317

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2