loopyblonde
scott
Bruno311210
janey
Steve
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

(Gumtree) WARNING Do Not Give Your Dog Away  Empty (Gumtree) WARNING Do Not Give Your Dog Away

Post by Steve Thu Apr 21 2011, 19:44

If you are unfortunate enough to be in a position where you have to sell or give your dog away please consider the owner enquiring about your pooch.

Some people around Guildford are taking on free or very cheap family dogs and using them in the brutal illegal sport, dog fighting. These dogs are caged and forced to fight other dogs that are trained to kill for money. As you can imagine it is a devastating end to a once loved part of the family. Dogs that will not fight are tied up and used as 'bait dogs' to be the punch bag for fighting dogs in training.

A lady who gave her Golden retriever away to a supposedly loving home, got a call only 2 weeks later from the RSPCA that had found her dead dog in a dog fighting establishment, tied up and its mussel duck taped after it had been mauled to death by other dogs. The microchip was still holding her previous owners address.

This is happening all the time, Dogs area also being stolen from homes and gardens and used to support this horrible sport.

(Gumtree) WARNING Do Not Give Your Dog Away  57821578

if you have to rehome your dog please give him or her to a rescue centre
http://staffy-bull-terrier.co.uk/listofrescues.html

Last edited by Steve on Fri Jun 17 2011, 15:25; edited 2 times in total

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

(Gumtree) WARNING Do Not Give Your Dog Away  Empty Re: (Gumtree) WARNING Do Not Give Your Dog Away

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21 2011, 20:34

O.M.G!

What's the next depravity these people will stoop to?

Back to top Go down

(Gumtree) WARNING Do Not Give Your Dog Away  Empty Re: (Gumtree) WARNING Do Not Give Your Dog Away

Post by Steve Thu Apr 21 2011, 20:45

i hate the gumtree, i would never think of putting my dogs on that gumtree

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21 2011, 20:47

That poor dog OMG WHY WHY WHY

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Thu Apr 21 2011, 20:50

i cant believe peope still fight dogs doh the world are soo mess up at the moment, if you can watch 2 good looking dog rip each other to part you cant a right in the head!

Steve

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Apr 21 2011, 20:54

Thats so disgracful, so sad, what tos*ers.
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno311210 Thu Apr 21 2011, 20:55

That is totally sick, how can people do this kind of thing, they must be really sick in the head and putting in the electric chair.
Bruno311210
Bruno311210

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21 2011, 22:00

It's times like this I wish dogs had no loyality. Then they might turn on the people who are making them do things like this to give them some of their own medicine. Sick sick people

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22 2011, 01:20

that is so sad... I see so many free to good home dogs on gumtree here and I can't help but ponder where they will end up. Yes there are some great homes out there ( like all of us n this forum !! ) but not all dogs are as lucky. And to pose as a loving person to get someones pet for fighting.. well ....words fail me...For any dog to die in that way is horrific. Scum that do that are a waste of space.

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Fri Apr 22 2011, 07:56

id never give any thing away or sell it on bum tree....... angry .....

its like a breading ground for that kind of thing..... angry
scott
scott

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : stich lelo
Dog Gender(s) : stich(m) lelo(f)
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22 2011, 10:29

.. amazing you would put this on about gum tree .. today there are 3 adds for staffys on the WA gum tree...
One is 6 months... more or less free to a 'good home" .. they sent me a pic but he looks too much like Jethro.. my heart would ache everytime I looked at him
Next one was a girl about 10 weeks.. but we had our heart set on a boy..she was $380
the other one is black and white like a magpie... he is a year old, desexed, all they are worried about is the home he goes too, not the price, but a bloke who phoned up straight away has first option on him, the lady is keeping our details.
Can only hope and pray what ever happens they all get wonderful homes...
any way at this rate Jethro WILL be getting his baby brother down the track.....

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Fri Apr 22 2011, 10:31

Aww exciting times Vanessa Big Grin
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22 2011, 10:37

yeah it is Janey.....happy but sad.... ( we all know why we are getting another puppy dog ! ) we are thinking to maybe wait till Jethro has his op next Wednesday as he will have stitches along his throat.. and would hate to see them ripped out by too much rough play!!.. but as I said to Tony.. if it is meant to be.. it is meant to be.. and maybe that staffy is waiting for us somewhere on Gumtree! Big Grin Don't worry will be keeping you all posted!!

Back to top Go down

Post by loopyblonde Fri Apr 22 2011, 18:20

Hi, just wanted to say be careful of taking a Gum Tree dog on too, they haven't been behaviour assesed or health checked and you only have the word of the person rehoming their dog. I have heard of someone who took a dog from gumtree only to find the dog was diabetic and needed constant meds, the previous owner had failed to mention it!
loopyblonde
loopyblonde
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Kizzy
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23 2011, 11:56

loopyblonde wrote:Hi, just wanted to say be careful of taking a Gum Tree dog on too, they haven't been behaviour assesed or health checked and you only have the word of the person rehoming their dog. I have heard of someone who took a dog from gumtree only to find the dog was diabetic and needed constant meds, the previous owner had failed to mention it!

how convenient is that!! I can't understand for the life of me how people can write in their add.. we really love him and he is a top dog.. but we can't take him with us, so the first to see can get him....!!! The poor dog could end up ANYWHERE!!! Gggrrrrr!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise C Sat Apr 23 2011, 18:30

Steve wrote:i cant believe peope still fight dogs doh the world are soo mess up at the moment, if you can watch 2 good looking dog rip each other to part you cant a right in the head!

Tptally agree, they need to be caught and sectioned cause they are obviously insane.

Makes me sick Sad
Louise C
Louise C

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25 2011, 11:55

lackeman wrote:
Steve wrote:i cant believe peope still fight dogs doh the world are soo mess up at the moment, if you can watch 2 good looking dog rip each other to part you cant a right in the head!

Tptally agree, they need to be caught and sectioned cause they are obviously insane.

Makes me sick Sad

yeah a bullet is too good for scum bags like that ! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25 2011, 12:38

lackeman wrote:

Makes me sick Sad

i totally agree

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 25 2011, 23:51

Tracie-Milly-Moos Mum wrote:That poor dog OMG WHY WHY WHY

You want to know why? Two things........
1. Money - not just winnings for the fight itself, but from betting/stud fees/breeding/selling pups
2. It makes them feel BIG. They're such insignificant thugs in their private lives that they use their dogs to make them look tougher.

I bet they beat up on their women, too.

No, Steve, they're not insane, just bloody cruel. They are right enough in the head to know how to make money and breed a 'good' fighting machine.

Bastards!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 26 2011, 15:51

Caryll wrote:
Tracie-Milly-Moos Mum wrote:That poor dog OMG WHY WHY WHY

You want to know why? Two things........
1. Money - not just winnings for the fight itself, but from betting/stud fees/breeding/selling pups
2. It makes them feel BIG. They're such insignificant thugs in their private lives that they use their dogs to make them look tougher.

I bet they beat up on their women, too.

No, Steve, they're not insane, just bloody cruel. They are right enough in the head to know how to make money and breed a 'good' fighting machine.

Bastards!

Agree entirely !!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by dannii Mon May 02 2011, 10:59

My lil baby was from gumtree free to a good home i arranged to go round and see her as we were ready for a dog my hubby really wanted and ebt but when i went round to see her i couldn't walk away with out her the people were moving out that day and had no other fone calls for her all i could think was what if i didn't take her were would she go everyone one was telling me i did they wrong thing as i didnt know her background but now i couldnt imagine live wth out her .To those people that get them just for fighting are sick absolutley sick really dont know wht goes through those tiny lil pea brains of theres if your gunna get rid of a dog at least get a vet check for there home and wait till the right home comes up
dannii
dannii
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Shay and Roxy

Back to top Go down

Post by wrxengland Mon May 02 2011, 14:20

sick bastards
wrxengland
wrxengland
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Maisey & Ty
Dog Gender(s) : GIRL & BOY
Support total : 1

http://absolutegaming.info/

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Mon May 02 2011, 14:31

How anyone can advertise there pet on any site and hand it over without any checks, conditions ,trial periods ect is beyond me they dont deserve a pet if thats how they think it should be treated.
Its no use crying about it later if I had nothing Id make sure the pets were looked after, sorry I only feel for the poor dogs and not the crap owners who can make up any excuse to rehome because they have become bored and then pass on to scum it would be kinder to be pts
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02 2011, 15:54

gem wrote:How anyone can advertise there pet on any site and hand it over without any checks, conditions ,trial periods ect is beyond me they dont deserve a pet if thats how they think it should be treated.
Its no use crying about it later if I had nothing Id make sure the pets were looked after, sorry I only feel for the poor dogs and not the crap owners who can make up any excuse to rehome because they have become bored and then pass on to scum it would be kinder to be pts

I know exactly how you feel. When we picked up Winston I gave the owner a big hug and told her this was one puppy she did not have to worry about.. Jethro has led a charmed life and so will little Winston. She felt relieved that at least she knew he would be okay ( have given her my address to call in anytime ).. don't know where the other 9 puppies are going to end up..I don't even want to think about it! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by richyboy111 Sat May 07 2011, 00:47

people who do this should have a slow painfull death

richyboy111
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Blake
Dog Gender(s) : boy
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by sooz225 Tue May 10 2011, 06:30

i feel sick @ readin this thread x
sooz225
sooz225
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
(Gumtree) WARNING Do Not Give Your Dog Away  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jake, Molly
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Blade2008 Mon May 16 2011, 22:42

I cant get my head round this at all

We got blade of a friend of my mum in law to be lol an its the best thing we ever did as he didnt get enough time to go on walks and stuff and got shouted at for going the loo in the back yard an had stay out the way no life for a any dog let alone a staffy what need loads of time and long walks loads of times a day. Now he is always out and bout Big Grin
Blade2008
Blade2008

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Blade
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Greyhead Wed May 18 2011, 06:43

That picture is just so sad, dont know how these people could even watch that type of so called sport sick
Greyhead
Greyhead

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Roxy

Back to top Go down

Post by IndiePrincess Sat May 28 2011, 13:19

that picture is just horrendous Sad

my German Shepard was of Gumtree, i replied to the advert and the man said if no one wanted him by end of week he'd be put down Sad how could i turn away from that. he's had behavioural problems, for a month after he entered our home we'd take him out with us shopping what should've took 30 minutes turned into just over 2 hours, was petrified of everything. I'm happy we have him he's my prince Smile but next time i'll o down a rescue centre route. There so many staffs on that website it's unbelievable Sad currently there's a 8 year old unspayed female -_- and right above is it a litter of staff pups for sale Sad

IndiePrincess
IndiePrincess

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Max, Sammy, Buster, George
Dog Gender(s) : All male.
Support total : 3

https://www.facebook.com/SazBarton

Back to top Go down

Post by fourstaffs Thu Jun 09 2011, 03:38

bang them up for a long time pic made me so sad

fourstaffs

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : william,harry,gorgie,bella
Dog Gender(s) : malex3,female

Back to top Go down

Post by chelly Sat Jun 11 2011, 21:27

when i was back in the u.k i put my dogs for sale on gumtree, i hope they didnt up end like this poor old mite,
chelly
chelly
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 21:32

the thing about gumtree and sites like that is there are no checks done. Someone replies and says they want the dog, the dog is picked up and thats that. Did you advertise yours free to good home or ask for a price for them?

Back to top Go down

Post by chelly Sat Jun 11 2011, 21:50

shontelle wrote:the thing about gumtree and sites like that is there are no checks done. Someone replies and says they want the dog, the dog is picked up and thats that. Did you advertise yours free to good home or ask for a price for them?

i advertised them for a quick sale sold mam and 3 pups for £250, as i needed to get out of england in a hurry. but i must say the couple who bought them seemed to be a lovely couple, so i reckon they were fine.
chelly
chelly
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 21:52

Mum and 3 pups? As in still babies? That's harsh, must've been difficult for the mother to be rehomed after giving birth. I really hope that you're right and the couple have treated them well.

Back to top Go down

Post by chelly Sat Jun 11 2011, 22:02

shontelle wrote:Mum and 3 pups? As in still babies? That's harsh, must've been difficult for the mother to be rehomed after giving birth. I really hope that you're right and the couple have treated them well.

mum was 2 and a half yrs the pups were 10 weeks old.
chelly
chelly
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 22:03

Ah so rehomng age then. Blimey, that couple had their hands full with three pups as well as the mum Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 22:14

Stroll on Chelly why did you have to leave the country in a hurry nothing serious i hope

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 22:15

I wondered but didn't want to ask Blushing

Back to top Go down

Post by chelly Sat Jun 11 2011, 22:24

shontelle wrote:Ah so rehomng age then. Blimey, that couple had their hands full with three pups as well as the mum Smile

ah yeah the pups were hardy, the couple who took them had another 3 staffs as well so id say they definitely had their hands full, i think about them everyday and just after reading this post has got me a bit worried now.
chelly
chelly
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 22:27

Did they leave any contact details? It would be a shame to never know how the pups turned out or how the mum was doing. How old would they be now?

Back to top Go down

Post by chelly Sat Jun 11 2011, 22:44

Marty wrote:Stroll on Chelly why did you have to leave the country in a hurry nothing serious i hope

its a long story and a bit complicated, but one of the reasons i had to move out of the country cause my ex was getting out of prison on early release for good behavior (what a joke he wouldn't know what good behavior if it bit him in the *) anyhow he was threatening that his first visit was to my house to settle a few old scores, so i had to move asap.
chelly
chelly
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 22:49

That's a long way to go. Hope you're happy and settled now.

Back to top Go down

Post by chelly Sat Jun 11 2011, 22:50

shontelle wrote:Did they leave any contact details? It would be a shame to never know how the pups turned out or how the mum was doing. How old would they be now?

unfortunately i have no contact details for the new owners, the pups would be 5 months old by now.
chelly
chelly
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 22:53

Aw well hopefully they're all doing well and are happy Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by chelly Sat Jun 11 2011, 22:57

shontelle wrote:That's a long way to go. Hope you're happy and settled now.

not really shontelle if i had the money i would have gone to america, far away from that animal the better. im kind of settling in here, there's a lot of support here in ireland for me, but there's no place like home
chelly
chelly
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 23:00

Whereabouts in the Uk were you? At least you have support where you are, that must mean the world to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy Sat Jun 11 2011, 23:07

Poor Chelly stuck in Dublin.
Staffy
Staffy
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
(Gumtree) WARNING Do Not Give Your Dog Away  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Tilly.
Dog Gender(s) : Female.

Back to top Go down

Post by chelly Sat Jun 11 2011, 23:12

[quote="shontelle"]Whereabouts in the Uk were you? At least you have support where you are, that must mean the world to you.[/quote

lets just say im from south of england, but have been living all over the uk. yeah it does mean the world to me and i have a lot of wonderful people around me that understand my situation.
chelly
chelly
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 11 2011, 23:13

I'm down south too, well south west. I hope you settle there and can be happy again.

Back to top Go down

Post by chelly Sat Jun 11 2011, 23:15

shontelle wrote:I'm down south too, well south west. I hope you settle there and can be happy again.

thank you shontelle.
chelly
chelly
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next