stubborn woody or trying to tell me something?

3 posters

Go down

stubborn woody or trying to tell me something? Empty stubborn woody or trying to tell me something?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20 2011, 17:36

for the last 2 days now whenever i take woody our for a walk he keeps lying down and refusing to budge (not at home he's excited still about going out- but once we get out). its embarrassing as i really cant shift him aside from dragging him along the floor (which i cant do), he'll even do it in the middle of the road and i have to pick him up. he used to do this as a young puppy but hasnt done it for over 6 months. does he not want to go out or is he just being a little swine?

Back to top Go down

stubborn woody or trying to tell me something? Empty Re: stubborn woody or trying to tell me something?

Post by daisydaisy Wed Apr 20 2011, 17:41

Lea does this sometimes, she has a hip problem, but I'm not sure if it's that or she's just hot/tired.
daisydaisy
daisydaisy
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

stubborn woody or trying to tell me something? Empty Re: stubborn woody or trying to tell me something?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20 2011, 17:45

i'm hoping its just the weather but also hoping he doesnt get back into the habit as our long walks were helping me satisfy the doctors " you are overweight" lecture with my " im walking the dog for hours" response !

Back to top Go down

Post by debbiewaterhouse Wed Apr 20 2011, 19:32

Really hoping it is just the hot weather, can't have anything wrong with Wonderful Woody...
debbiewaterhouse
debbiewaterhouse
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Divorced
Dogs Name(s) : Hollie & Dotts
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 & 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Females
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20 2011, 19:38

Think its the weather Milly been same we have been taking her out first thing and then last thing when it cooler because she cannot contain herself and ends up needing oxygen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20 2011, 21:11

Probably the weather. As soon as I get over the park with Dempsey he lays down.

Ever tried moving a 5 stone bull terrier that doesn't want to be moved? It's great entertainment for everyone else around!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Apr 20 2011, 21:17

Caryll wrote:Probably the weather. As soon as I get over the park with Dempsey he lays down.

Ever tried moving a 5 stone bull terrier that doesn't want to be moved? It's great entertainment for everyone else around!

Agree lol! And know, don't fancy my chances at picking up Dempsy!!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20 2011, 21:19

Picking him up? I haven't been able to pick him up for over a year! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21 2011, 00:47

Oh dear !

I know it's not funny, but i'm having a little chuckle here thinking about you all carrying your dogs around whilst walking rolling on the floor

Good luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21 2011, 06:25

Loopy wrote:Oh dear !

I know it's not funny, but i'm having a little chuckle here thinking about you all carrying your dogs around whilst walking rolling on the floor

Good luck

your laughing now - it will be our turn when it happens to you! kiss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21 2011, 08:29

nicolalouises wrote:
Loopy wrote:Oh dear !

Good luck

your laughing now - it will be our turn when it happens to you! kiss

Yep, i've got it all to come..........Doh ! doh

Back to top Go down

Post by daisydaisy Thu Apr 21 2011, 08:49

The first time Lea did this, I DID carry her home! What a wally I am! Blushing
daisydaisy
daisydaisy

Status Status :

Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21 2011, 09:47

daisydaisy wrote:The first time Lea did this, I DID carry her home! What a wally I am! Blushing

I bet a few more are guilty of this Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21 2011, 10:08

reading all this reminds me of a time when me, Tony and Jethro went bushwalking... and we sort of picked the wrong track to take and it went for ever....
It was a warm day, Jethro was only about 2 and though we had water with us, Jethro was getting very hot ( probably his colouring didn't help either ) we kept looking back and Jethro would be lying down under a tree or bush.. so we thought we are never going to make it at this rate.. so me and Tony had to take it in turns carrying Jethro. He weighed a ton I can tell you. Jethro was lolling around in our arms... his head hanging...we must have looked a sight crashing through the undergrowth! As it happens we were near a large dam, and when we finally came in view of the dam, we put Jethro down, and he just ran flat out, and we heard a big splash.. and he sat in it. WE were the ones that needed the dam ! So I have been there.. done that.. and it is no fun !!! My arms ached the rest of the day!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21 2011, 10:34

billy does this too, the first time my husband carried him home, but i can't he is too heavy so i have plenty of treats and a bottle of water, sometimes it can take ages to get home. we actually took him to the vet cause we thought it was his heart, but that's fine, it must just be something that they do

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22 2011, 09:01

vanessa - sorry just picturing you carrying Jethro!!!

pleased to report it mustve been the weather as we went out at 7am this morning whilst a little cooler and he only did it once and i think that was just becuase he liked the feel of the dew on the grass! us brits just arent used to this heat!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 22 2011, 09:15

good boy Woody !! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down