I just got contacted by another publishing company!

Go down

I just got contacted by another publishing company!  Empty I just got contacted by another publishing company!

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03 2013, 16:32

Laughing This one's regarding a different story. It's fairly short and I'd pretty much forgotten about it for the last few years, so I'm not sure how they found it, but... Yowza!

Unfortunately, they can only offer to sell it via Amazon Kindle at the moment, so I'm not too sure about it. It would have to be something I'd consider very carefully.

Back to top Go down

I just got contacted by another publishing company!  Empty Re: I just got contacted by another publishing company!

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03 2013, 16:46

That's fab Eleanor, I'm sure which ever route you go down will be the right one, your very level headed for a young lady Smile

Back to top Go down

I just got contacted by another publishing company!  Empty Re: I just got contacted by another publishing company!

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03 2013, 17:00

Blushing Thanks! You should see me around the house though - definitely not level headed! Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03 2013, 17:02

Eleanor wrote:Blushing Thanks! You should see me around the house though - definitely not level headed! Laughing 
Well we can't be good at everything, maybe your domestic goddess hasn't arrived yet Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03 2013, 17:07

Laughing She's on a permanent holiday!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03 2013, 17:14

Eleanor wrote:Laughing She's on a permanent holiday!
rolling on the floor  rolling on the floor 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03 2013, 18:21

I wish i had your consentration to write my ideas lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03 2013, 18:40

I have to get a good plot idea and go through my little ritual before I can Laughing I spend ages getting a music playlist to fit the type of story I'm going to write, then shut myself in my room, close the curtains, turns the lights off, put my earphones in and type away! Laughing 

I haven't done any writing in months though... Sad Just not felt like it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03 2013, 18:42

I can't write with music because it then changes my view and the story with it, then when i get sick of that song i have to scrap that whole section of the story. Same with reading, i can't read a book at the same time or it changes my story. I need to do a johnny depp and go and live in the forest alone lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03 2013, 19:24

Laughing Some music works for me, but I do get what you mean. I hate when that happens! Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03 2013, 19:29

What fantastic news Eleanor! You must be thrilled.

Kindle pays royalties, surely, and it will get your name "out there".

I'm really chuffed for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03 2013, 19:42

I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. Tongues Going to check the website link they've given me tomorrow and have a look around. Probably going to find out that I'd need to pay £500 or something to get it all set up! Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Sep 03 2013, 19:50

Well whatever happens someone thought it was worth the read, and you never know, keep faith! Good luck chick Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03 2013, 19:52

I'm hoping more people might like it! Tongues

Just jumped the gun and checked everything just now. There's no fee for publishing it as an eBook, although Amazon do take 30% royalties apparently. Can't complain though - they have to make a profit out of it somehow.

I'm considering it a little more seriously now. Tongues I'm not even fussed about any money, but it would be nice if I managed to publish an eBook that people actually decided to buy! Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Sep 03 2013, 19:59

Quite an achievement, well done!
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03 2013, 20:00

Thanks! Big Grin

Going to nag mum to ask if she can help me go through some of the details though. Tongues The last thing I want to do is end up signing my soul over to Amazon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03 2013, 20:10

Well done Eleanor fingers crossed for you, you will be a little star!Smile 

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Sep 03 2013, 20:11

Very good idea! Mums certainly have there uses Smile Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 03 2013, 20:13

Thanks Inez! Big Grin

Yeah, mums have their uses sometimes! Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down