Nearly just went on a rampage with a postal company

2 posters

Go down

Cool Nearly just went on a rampage with a postal company

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22 2013, 11:02

I'm waiting for one of mum's presents to arrive. It's a live present, so it has to be delivered ASAP. It's supposed to arrive today before 1 PM.

Amazon hadn't updated its status properly earlier to include the postal company that would be delivering it, so I hadn't a clue whether it would be Royal Mail or a courier - I'd assumed it would be a courier. The package has been marked as being on its way to my house, so I'd been expecting it to be any moment.

Looked out of the window ten minutes ago to see a parcal van on the other side of the road. Because our door is around the other side, we have to lean out of the window to let them know we're on our way down after they ring the doorbell. I assumed this was my parcel, as the man was carrying it across towards our doorbell. So off I popped to get my shoes on.

The doorbell didn't ring, so I checked back out of the window to see him driving away with the parcel. Assuming the man just couldn't be bothered to ring the doorbell (happens so much here, which does my head in, especially when it's raining), I went downstairs to check the postbox. No card left or anything.

Went back upstairs, only to find that Amazon still hadn't listed what postal service they're using and don't have any contact details. Cue extremely angry me, all ready to phone up the postal service I saw on the van and have a go. Luckily, I phoned mum instead to check to see if she knew this postal service - she didn't, but during the phone call, Amazon finally updated the status to let me know that Royal Mail would be delivering.

Thanks God Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Cool Re: Nearly just went on a rampage with a postal company

Post by Maria90 Thu Aug 22 2013, 11:26

I hate postal companies, they are the worst, so rude! My post man always has a go at Rocky too, even though he is behind our security gates. Ridiculous, they are way too lazy too!

Hope you get the package soon!.....by the way.....live present? nail biting
Maria90
Maria90
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22 2013, 11:34

Our regular postmen are nice enough. For some reason though, it's been a woman recently - she's a right moody cow! Laughing I mean, really, it only takes a minute to get round to the front! It isn't exactly eating up her time!

Weeeee! Just as I was about to send the post, the doorbell rang Big Grin They're here!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22 2013, 13:56

Lazy devils! worse when the parcel doesn't arrive at all! Surprised 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22 2013, 13:58

Luckily, I always check supplier feedback first, so that's only ever happened to me once. Tongues

Back to top Go down

Post by nicolene Iveson Thu Aug 22 2013, 14:02

We live on a small farm and don't get post delivered. We got a post box in town for our post. And I agree on courier services. They not always trust worthy or in our case their favorite excuse is that they can't find our place.
nicolene Iveson
nicolene Iveson

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In an open relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tip
Dog(s) Ages : six weeks old
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22 2013, 14:04

Eleanor wrote:Luckily, I always check supplier feedback first, so that's only ever happened to me once. Tongues
Tongues Yes I realised that after a few incidents, but then your just super intelligent!Big Grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22 2013, 14:29

I've nearly done this too on occasion, lucky I didn't get chance to shout because someone call and distracted me and when the call ended the parcel arrived Blushing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 22 2013, 14:34

nicolene Iveson wrote:We live on a small farm and don't get post delivered. We got a post box in town for our post. And I agree on courier services. They not always trust worthy or in our case their favorite excuse is that they can't find our place.
Ooh, I hate that excuse! Like, seriously? Couriers almost always have sat-nav! And if they don't... Gasp! Here's a whacky idea! Use a dang map! Laughing 

Last time I went down to the post office to collect something (surprise, surprise, the postman couldn't be bothered to ring the doorbell, so I had to get it sent to the officer), I spent ten minutes arguing with the woman behind the counter, as she said they didn't have my package, when I knew I'd sent it there! After ages of both of us getting irritable, she looks down at this package right next to her and says, "Oh... Here it is!"

Grrr Laughing 

Inezmaria70 wrote:
Eleanor wrote:Luckily, I always check supplier feedback first, so that's only ever happened to me once. Tongues
Tongues Yes I realised that after a few incidents, but then your just super intelligent!Big Grin 
More like super suspicious! Laughing 

Darcy-may wrote:I've nearly done this too on occasion, lucky I didn't get chance to shout because someone call and distracted me and when the call ended the parcel arrived Blushing 
Laughing At least I'm not alone in it then!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down