Podgy after 1st season & raw to go Abergavenny

4 posters

Go down

Podgy after 1st season & raw to go Abergavenny  Empty Podgy after 1st season & raw to go Abergavenny

Post by Steve.Sanders Tue Aug 27 2013, 07:52

Hi guys
Koda has just has her first season and shes been going out tidy again the thing is she has put on quite a bit of weight in the past month.. Now I know she haven't had her usual hours of walks in this time but she's a bit loose underneath her nipps have enlarged a bit and looks like she actually got a bit of boob growth too... Mate of mine said his bitch lab did and went down after about a month.. Is this normal?? Also I have found a site raw to go a few miles from me that sells raw in a 80-10-10 ratio pack as well as other bits.. Has anyone ordered off them before as I want her to go all raw but don't know anyone thats used them
Steve.Sanders
Steve.Sanders
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Koda
Dog(s) Ages : 30/07/2012
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 33

Back to top Go down

Podgy after 1st season & raw to go Abergavenny  Empty Re: Podgy after 1st season & raw to go Abergavenny

Post by Guest Tue Aug 27 2013, 11:14

None of my bitches ever had saggy nipples after a season, but I've heard that some do. I take it there's no chance whatsoever that she was caught by a dog?

I know a few people who use raw to go. I wouldn't, because I don't like the minces much & you can't control the ratio of meat/bone/offal. Every dog is different, after all! Also, you lose the benefits of satisfying a dog's natural need to gnaw, and the teeth cleaning properties of ripping meat from a bone.

Back to top Go down

Podgy after 1st season & raw to go Abergavenny  Empty Re: Podgy after 1st season & raw to go Abergavenny

Post by Steve.Sanders Wed Aug 28 2013, 07:26

No none at all.. Booking her in to be spayed this week anyway cant go through a season again lol il ask my vet to have a look.. Might get a small order to try thank you
Steve.Sanders
Steve.Sanders

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peachy Mon Sep 02 2013, 05:07

Steve.Sanders wrote:No none at all.. Booking her in to be spayed  this week anyway cant go through a season again lol il ask my vet to have a look.. Might get a small order to try thank you
Why do you say this BTW?? Just out of curiosity as our Bella hasn't had her first yet and I've never had a bitch during season - what's so bad about it - apart from the obvious 'nappy' requirements??

Lilu
Peachy
Peachy
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bella
Dog(s) Ages : DOB 26.03.13
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve.Sanders Mon Sep 02 2013, 18:09

apart from the obvious and i couldnt believe how heavy she was and for a full 3 weeks.. she was really off (i know they are bound to be) clingy..didnt eat moping round like shed been told off and we are both active walkers and that went right out the window..2 of us were going stir crazy.. have always planned to have her done after her first anyway just found it hard and with young kids that dote on her calling her when i really wanted her to stay etc nothing terrible honest lol might just be me being a bloke Laughing Laughing 
Steve.Sanders
Steve.Sanders

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by canthavethat Mon Sep 02 2013, 19:58

Steve.Sanders wrote:she's a bit loose underneath her nipps have enlarged a bit and looks like she actually got a bit of boob growth too... Mate of mine said his bitch lab did and went down after about a month.. Is this normal??
It is common. After the first season the nipples can remain enlarged. The saggy boobs should shrink back. If they don't she may be having a false pregnancy. Happened to Bailey. Not a major problem, vets were still able to spay her Smile
canthavethat
canthavethat

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky, Bailey
Dog(s) Ages : March 2011, Feb 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male, female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve.Sanders Mon Sep 02 2013, 21:06

canthavethat wrote:
Steve.Sanders wrote:she's a bit loose underneath her nipps have enlarged a bit and looks like she actually got a bit of boob growth too... Mate of mine said his bitch lab did and went down after about a month.. Is this normal??
It is common. After the first season the nipples can remain enlarged. The saggy boobs should shrink back. If they don't she may be having a false pregnancy. Happened to Bailey. Not a major problem, vets were still able to spay her Smile

this dogs gonna be the end of me... was walking her tonight looking thinking.. look look see shes def bn had out the back some how.... but she cant.. how???,, Laughing and i do like her to look her best n watch her food etc wife recons its 3 weeks dodgy walks n not out like we were....... and now ive got something else to worry about now.. booked in for the 11th... I dont want to s 
Steve.Sanders
Steve.Sanders

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by canthavethat Mon Sep 02 2013, 21:37

It might be better to wait a while to spay. I think ideally you should wait about 3 months after a season, when all the swelling is gone and the blood flow to the area is at is lowest. Unless there is a good medical reason for doing it now. Does your vet know that she has just finished her season?
canthavethat
canthavethat

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 02 2013, 21:41

canthavethat wrote:It might be better to wait a while to spay. I think ideally you should wait about 3 months after a season, when all the swelling is gone and the blood flow to the area is at is lowest. Unless there is a good medical reason for doing it now. Does your vet know that she has just finished her season?
Yes, I agree - most vets won't spay directly after a season, they usually advise that you wait for 3 months to let everything get back to normal.

Back to top Go down

Post by cesca1 Mon Sep 02 2013, 21:51

Moll had to wait 3 months after the end of her season. My vet said that they would only neuter during was if it was a medical emergency situation. Not to mention her hormones going crazy! Takes them a while to settle back into the swing of things Smile
cesca1
cesca1
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog(s) Ages : 20.04.12
Support total : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve.Sanders Mon Sep 02 2013, 21:54

oh....Surprised  i did tell them .. cos i said about her boobs after it..gonna ring first thing...
Steve.Sanders
Steve.Sanders

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by cesca1 Mon Sep 02 2013, 22:03

I def would. My parents dobe had a phantom pregnancy after her first season, she got to the stage of producing milk. With her body so wound up and hormones going crazy. As above our vet said 3 months from phantom preg ending and even then he wanted to check her over before doing the op. All the little complications of females eh!!
cesca1
cesca1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve.Sanders Wed Sep 04 2013, 19:12

rung and cancelled... said it must have been a misunderstanding and they're policy is 3 months.. so looking at end of nov/december now
Steve.Sanders
Steve.Sanders

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by canthavethat Wed Sep 04 2013, 19:29

Nice one. Gorgeous looking dog btw Smile
canthavethat
canthavethat

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by cesca1 Wed Sep 04 2013, 21:02

Arhhh good vets then Smile She is a gorgeous looking girl!

cesca1
cesca1

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve.Sanders Thu Sep 05 2013, 00:24

Cheers guys my little darling she is lol ... See if I didn't go on here I'd have taken her wed and they could have done it cos of a misunderstanding over a phone.. Face to face from now on I think.
Steve.Sanders
Steve.Sanders

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down