Cat in season?

3 posters

Go down

Cat in season? Empty Cat in season?

Post by shakespearesdog Mon Feb 27 2012, 12:04

Romeo has been very interested in Babushka's 'area' the last couple of days.Also she's always friendly but shes started headbutting me for attention and following me round. Also the other day when I gave her a belly rub I could feel her teats. She has very fluffy belly fur and i've never noticed that before. :s
I wondered if she could be coming into season? She's coming up to eleven months old. Has anyone had a female cat in season and could tell me what it's like?

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Cat in season? Empty Re: Cat in season?

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27 2012, 12:09

Never had a cat, let alone a female one! thinking

Sorry, can't help!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Feb 27 2012, 12:11

Not had a cat either sorry Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29 2012, 15:31

Ive only had rescue cats so they have been spayed. You really should get her done or you'll end up with kittens all the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Wed Feb 29 2012, 17:06

I want her to have a litter with my neighbours cat. Theres a waiting list of potential homes already drawn up.
She will be spayed as soon as possible after. Smile I just wanted to know the signs so I can start preparing. Its much easier to tell with dogs! Straight Face

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :

Back to top Go down

Post by stiofan Wed Feb 29 2012, 20:33

lol you will sure as hell know when she is ready to mate!! constant meowing will drive you nuts and she will tread with her front paws and stick her bum in the air! rub along her spine to her tail and that should start her treading if she is in heat?. I wouldn't mate her on her first heat , better waiting until she's a wee bit older and she will still come into heat again later in the year. Also she might not fancy your neighbours cat lol. Watch she doesn't escape and run off with every Tom,* and Harry.
stiofan
stiofan
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Cat in season? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sisko, Kasidy ,Tasha
Dog Gender(s) : Male,Female,Female
Support total : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Thu Mar 01 2012, 12:54

Also she might not fancy your neighbours cat lol. Watch she doesn't escape and run off with every Tom,* and Harry
Laughing I know i've been keeping a close eye on her. Shes met my neighbours cat, hes actually a stray that she adopted. He's enormous-when I first saw him in our garden I honestly thought it was the beast of bodmin. Surprised
Really, I was on a pedigree cat forum and they all mated they're cats on the first head. :s Maybe its different for moggies? I can understand it would be bad for her, like with dogs. I think I need to get a book on the subject.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04 2012, 20:57

Whats with all the breeding (wants), the cat shelter problem is even worse than the dogs.
I'm don't mean to offend i would get her spayed and send the waiting loving familys to the nearest shelter where there are hundreds of cats and kittens in the same predictiment as our dogs.
Back yard breeding isn't just with dogs.
Rabbitts, Ferrets, Budgies and parrots are also really struggling.
http://www.cat-urine.net/cat_in_heat.html

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Sun Mar 04 2012, 22:25

Whats with all the breeding (wants), the cat shelter problem is even worse than the dogs.
I'm don't mean to offend i would get her spayed and send the waiting loving familys to the nearest shelter where there are hundreds of cats and kittens in the same predictiment as our dogs.
Don't need a lecture thanks, well aware of the amount of animals in rescue. If rescues weren't so fussy about who and who couldn't adopt animals they would have a lot less.
Going to get her spayed anyway, not because I don't want her to have kittens, but I'm worried a complication would happen during the birth and hurt her.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sun Mar 04 2012, 22:42

shakespearesdog wrote:
Don't need a lecture thanks, well aware of the amount of animals in rescue. If rescues weren't so fussy about who and who couldn't adopt animals they would have a lot less.
Going to get her spayed anyway, not because I don't want her to have kittens, but I'm worried a complication would happen during the birth and hurt her.

I agree with Claire, there are far too many dogs and cats in rescues.

People appear to be turned down from one shelter and think 'oh well, turned down by one, will be turned down by them all. May as well just get a puppy or kitten from a BYB '

So not true. Spend some time with an organisation, Battersea where more than accomadating. I live alone and work full time.

Please don't breed for the sake of it.
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Mon Mar 05 2012, 09:41

So not true. Spend some time with an organisation, Battersea where more than accomadating. I live alone and work full time.

Please don't breed for the sake of it.
Really, i've been turned down by Battersea, dogs trust, all dogs matter, retired greyhounds trust, rescue remedies and sbtrescue. Blanket no from all of them. The reason? My dog is entire. Ironically two of them would allow me to foster. Sadly I don't have the time now.
As i've stated twice before I have several, definate, life-long, cat loving homes to give kittens to if and when the cat gets pregnant. Three are my neighbours who live in the same street and own their own houses (so theres none of that 'landlord wants pet gone' rubbish.)

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down