Help tell if my dogs a cross please.

3 posters

Go down

Help tell if my dogs a cross please. Empty Help tell if my dogs a cross please.

Post by jonx06 Sun Aug 11 2013, 10:56

Hi I'm new here and was wondering if anyone could help tell me if my dog Reggie is a full staffy or a cross.

I'll start from the start 3 of my friends all bought pups from someone one of the went to college with they were staffys but with the colour of a Rottweiler . Rab my friend that went to college with the guy who was selling the pups said he seen both parents and one was red and the other was dark brindle/black. To cut a long story short I ended up buying one of the pups of my friend at about 8 months old. The vet I took my pup to said he was a staffy x Doberman and my friends vet said it was a staffy cross Rottweiler. Then one day a woman stopped me in the street to ask if he was full staffy or a cross because you do get full staffys with his colours it is called Black and Tan or tri colour but its rare.

So I was wondering if anyone here would be able to help tell me if he's a full staffy or a cross I'm not bothered ether way just curious. I have two pictures of my dog reggie two pictures of he brother rocky and two of his sister cass.

Reggie
Help tell if my dogs a cross please. Image-4Help tell if my dogs a cross please. Image-3
Rocky
Help tell if my dogs a cross please. ImageHelp tell if my dogs a cross please. Image-5
Cass
Help tell if my dogs a cross please. Image-1Help tell if my dogs a cross please. Image-1
jonx06
jonx06
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Reggie
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Help tell if my dogs a cross please. Empty Re: Help tell if my dogs a cross please.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 11 2013, 11:16

The black and tan colour can be found in staffies, it is highly undesirable though and anyone with one is encouraged NEVER to think about breeding them as it is a very dominant colour which is likely to be transferred to the pups, ending up in the loss of normal colours.

Your boy does not look like a dobe or a rotti cross, the colour is throwing people. I would be confident saying he is 3/4 staffy with the possibility of the grandparents being a dobe or rotti.

Back to top Go down

Help tell if my dogs a cross please. Empty Re: Help tell if my dogs a cross please.

Post by Kathy Sun Aug 11 2013, 12:48

It is possible to find the black nad tan colouring in a Staffy although it is undesirable.

Please come and say hi so more people can have a look at your gorgeous boy Reggie:

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/f7-new-member-introductions
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 11 2013, 17:57

Looking at the pics, especially of the brother & sister, I'd say they're crosses - maybe a rottie, but could be a dobe.

Having said that, black and tan does occasionally come up in staffords although it's very much discouraged.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 11 2013, 18:05

As said above, although it's undesirable in standard staffies, tri-colour markings do sometimes occur, usually as a result of a cross breeding. It's difficult to say whether or not he's a cross or not, as the markings can often seem to alter the facial structure due to colour contrast.

He's a gorgeous dog though! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 11 2013, 19:01

I am not really that experienced to say but looks mainly staff to me. He is ruddy gorgeous though:) 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 11 2013, 20:33

He looks mostly staffy to me, maybe 3/4 Smile your boy is a beauty Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 11 2013, 20:36

Agree he is a handsome chap Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Wed Aug 14 2013, 10:43

I think he might have a bit of rottie in him. He's gorgeous though!
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down