is a staffordshire bull terrier a "pitbull specie" ?

+3
Nathan
Steve
rinerine
7 posters

Go down

is a staffordshire bull terrier a "pitbull specie" ? Empty is a staffordshire bull terrier a "pitbull specie" ?

Post by rinerine Mon Jul 15 2013, 13:11

Hey guys.

I have been planning to move back to Thailand and of course bringing iggy back with me.
I emailed the Airport Animal Quarantine Station in Bangkok asking what paperwork did i need to prepare to bring my staffie home.
Apparently Staffies are banned in Thailand because they are of "pitbull species"

is it true that staffies are pitbull species ?

rinerine
rinerine
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Iggy Pop
Dog(s) Ages : 21/01/2013
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 32

Back to top Go down

is a staffordshire bull terrier a "pitbull specie" ? Empty Re: is a staffordshire bull terrier a "pitbull specie" ?

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15 2013, 13:15

They probably meant 'pitbull type'. The Staffordshire Bull Terrier is a part of the BSL in Thailand, I'm afraid, so you won't be able to bring a staffy over there.

You can try to contact them regarding cross breeds to see if your dog could be exempted.

Back to top Go down

is a staffordshire bull terrier a "pitbull specie" ? Empty Re: is a staffordshire bull terrier a "pitbull specie" ?

Post by rinerine Mon Jul 15 2013, 13:23

This really bring tears to my eyes. im so sad i won't be able to move back home. he would have been so happy there.
i dont know how to declare him as a half breed because on his pedigree papers it is said that he is a pure breed staffie.
rinerine
rinerine

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15 2013, 13:27

Sad Exactly why I hate Breed Specific Legislation. It isn't fair.

If I were you, I'd contact them again and ask if there's any way he can be exempted.

Hopefully somebody else here will be able to tell you more about it. I don't really know much about Thailand's laws concerning dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15 2013, 13:29

If you are unable to take him please contact a staffy rescue rather than take him to the pound and absolutely DO NOT advertise him as free to good home.

Im so sorry you have to consider this, he is a lovely boy. BSL is horrible!

Back to top Go down

Post by rinerine Mon Jul 15 2013, 13:37

omg no no no i am not leaving iggy. we will stay in france they dont accept iggy in thailand.

i'd rather live in france with my dog then live in thailand without my dog.
rinerine
rinerine

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by rinerine Mon Jul 15 2013, 13:42

this is an exemple of the authorization paper to import your dog.
it is well written " except : pit bull terrier, american staffordshire terrier, american staffordshire bull terrier, or related group of those breeds"

btw i have never heard about american staffordshire bull terrier before. i think they invented that.

is a staffordshire bull terrier a "pitbull specie" ? Authorisation-Entee-Ulysse_zps59b7ff30
rinerine
rinerine

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15 2013, 13:48

rinerine wrote:omg no no no i am not leaving iggy. we will stay in france they dont accept iggy in thailand.

I really do admire you for that. It must be a difficult thing for you to decide.

rinerine wrote:this is an exemple of the authorization paper to import your dog.
it is well written " except : pit bull terrier, american staffordshire terrier, american staffordshire bull terrier, or related group of those breeds"

btw i have never heard about american staffordshire bull terrier before. i think they invented that.

is a staffordshire bull terrier a "pitbull specie" ? Authorisation-Entee-Ulysse_zps59b7ff30

The American Staffordshire Terrier is basically the American Kennel Club's registered version of a pit bull.

As it doesn't specifically say staffies, you might be able to find a loophole. I'm not sure.

Back to top Go down

Post by rinerine Mon Jul 15 2013, 14:01

this is the email i wrote to them

"To whom it may concern,

I would like to bring  my dog home to Thailand with me in January 2014. I am a Thai citizen.

My dog is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier  10 months old puppy.

It is not Pitbull Terrier, not American Staffordshire Terrier and not  American Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

my dog is Staffordshire Bull Terrier with pedigree from France.

What paperwork and procedures do i need to come to Thailand with my dog ?"

this is what they replied me

"Dear Sir/Madam

Your dog is a Staffordshire Bull Terrier, don't it(dog) bring to Thailand because pet is Pitbull Terrier species.

Thank you"

i say B***S*** to them
rinerine
rinerine

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15 2013, 14:03

They sound extremely unhelpful and ignorant. Straight Face  They could have at least given you some explanation or given you somebody to contact for further inquiries.

Back to top Go down

Post by rinerine Mon Jul 15 2013, 14:20

i don't understand, there are so many pitbull breeders and american bully breeders in thailand and i can't even bring my lap dog home (he is a lap dog)
how do these breeders import their dogs if they are banned ?
rinerine
rinerine

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15 2013, 14:40

I honestly have no idea. Sad I hope more people will be along soon to advise you.

Back to top Go down

Post by rinerine Mon Jul 15 2013, 14:49

yes please people i'm desperate ! i really dont want to spend the next 15 years in france lol
rinerine
rinerine

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Mon Jul 15 2013, 14:51

some people staffy as class an an pitbull

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15 2013, 15:41

Have you tried talking to your local vets about it?

Back to top Go down

Post by rinerine Mon Jul 15 2013, 15:45

you mean in france ? or thailand ?
rinerine
rinerine

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15 2013, 15:59

In France. Smile They might have some information for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by rinerine Mon Jul 15 2013, 16:22

oh yes will definetly ask them. Big Grin
rinerine
rinerine

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15 2013, 16:23

Hope they can tell you something good! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15 2013, 16:39

I would if i were you contact a vet in thiland, and also contact an influential animal charity or something similar, also the local council of the area you want to move to. Even if you were able to get your dog on the except list (would mean she needs muzzled, leashed and tattooed, but that can be worked with)

Back to top Go down

Post by rinerine Mon Jul 15 2013, 17:01

my mom knows one of the quarantine vets at the bangkok airport. she will try to contact him this week.

as for me i joined a thailand pitbull forum. i'm waiting for the admin to approve my registration. then i will ask all those breeders how do they get their pits and bullys into the kingdom.
let's hope thay can help me.

rinerine
rinerine

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15 2013, 18:46

BSL is an awful thing!

No staffys aren't pitbulls but they can be classed as pitbull type, which is probably what they think.

I'd definitely try talking to vets and anyone who you think can help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15 2013, 20:30

rinerine wrote:omg no no no i am not leaving iggy. we will stay in france they dont accept iggy in thailand.

Well said Smile I'd leave my wife rather than my dog

I did have a little look and found this forum (thread is about a guy lookin for a staff but obviously they are out there and may be able to advise you further i you join the forum Smile Hope you are lucky

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/170569-staffordshire-bull-terrier-bitch/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15 2013, 20:33

Dave wrote:

Well said Smile I'd leave my wife rather than my dog

I did have a little look and found this forum (thread is about a guy lookin for a staff but obviously they are out there and may be able to advise you further i you join the forum Smile Hope you are lucky

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/170569-staffordshire-bull-terrier-bitch/

Well that told her Dave Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Mon Jul 15 2013, 21:41

its such a tight area to negotiate, no a staff isnt a pit, pits may well decend from them but no the are not pits. they are "staffordshire bull terriers" who have a breed standard and are reconised the world over for what they are. great dogs with great character and awsome with people and kids.
that doesnt help your cause though and i bow down and respect your comment about staying in france rather than leave the dog ( i wish there were more people like you) have you thought about moving to the UK? many here couldnt imagine living in france for 15 years either....lol kidding old scores Laughing  hope it turns out good for you as you sound like the perfect owner for a staffy, best of luck.
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by rinerine Mon Jul 15 2013, 21:44

thanks alot, i sent the guy a message. let's see if he will reply
rinerine
rinerine

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 15 2013, 21:46

rinerine wrote:thanks alot, i sent the guy a message. let's see if he will reply

Fingers crossed praying 

Back to top Go down

Post by rinerine Mon Jul 15 2013, 21:56

it's so sad and unfair that my dog has be be discriminated like this. he hasnt done anything wrong. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 
rinerine
rinerine

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie and Maxi Mon Jul 15 2013, 23:08

Maybe contact a pet travel agency and ask them about the rules and exceptions? I have had a lot of helpful advice from my pet travel agency when planning on moving overseas, they've done it all a hundred times
Annie and Maxi
Annie and Maxi
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
is a staffordshire bull terrier a "pitbull specie" ? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Maxi
Dog(s) Ages : 8
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Tue Jul 16 2013, 03:16

Sorry I can't be of any help but I really hope everything works out for you
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Tue Jul 16 2013, 12:18

Oh im so sorry that Thailands rules are like this Sad Poor Iggy, but I hope you can work something out!
Maria90
Maria90

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 16 2013, 12:20

rinerine wrote:it's so sad and unfair that my dog has be be discriminated like this. he hasnt done anything wrong. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad 

is a staffordshire bull terrier a "pitbull specie" ? 3198918699  for you and iggy is a staffordshire bull terrier a "pitbull specie" ? 3198918699 

Back to top Go down

Post by rinerine Wed Jul 17 2013, 19:36

ok so my mum talked to the airport vet , he confirmed again that iggy is not allowed in thailand. there's nothing he can do.

as for the pitbull forum. many breeders wanted to help bring iggy into the country. but the only way is kinda illegal i guess.

i have to go to my vet and ask him if he could change iggy's all of iggy's papers to a cane corso (cane corso are allowed in thailand) i laughed a little because iggy is nothing like a cane corso even if he was a mix . but apparently it works for them.

So in conclusion i have to convince my vet to fake my dog's documents.

rinerine
rinerine

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 19:48

Good luck! Hopefully your vet will be reasonable! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 19:51

Hope it goes well for you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Wed Jul 17 2013, 20:35

Good luck Smile 
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 21:17

What a terrible situation for you Marine - I do hope your vet can help you get round these stupid laws. Good luck is a staffordshire bull terrier a "pitbull specie" ? 3198918699 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 17 2013, 22:52

Good Luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down