Hey everyone, new daddy to a 3.5 month old American Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Pitbull

+4
Mia05
TwoSocks
Mistys Mum
-Ian-
8 posters

Go down

Hey everyone, new daddy to a 3.5 month old American Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Pitbull  Empty Hey everyone, new daddy to a 3.5 month old American Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Pitbull

Post by Ragnar_Lothbrok Sat Jan 28 2017, 12:12

Would love to talk with fellow staffy and APBT's parents. MY staffy piglet is 3.5 months and my apbt is 5 months both females. Staffy name is piglet she's my avatar and apbt is Coda. Hello to all. Looking forward to great conversation.
Ragnar_Lothbrok
Ragnar_Lothbrok
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Piglet and Coda
Dog(s) Ages : 4 and 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Both Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Hey everyone, new daddy to a 3.5 month old American Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Pitbull  Empty Re: Hey everyone, new daddy to a 3.5 month old American Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Pitbull

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28 2017, 12:16

Hi & Hey everyone, new daddy to a 3.5 month old American Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Pitbull  Welcome

Welcome to the Staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you've decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your Staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household.

We have a number of seasonal just for fun Staffy picture competitions throughout the year. If you have a great picture don't be shy, post it. You might just win! Even if you don't enter do take the time to vote for your favourite and support those that enter Here

This Forum is run by the members for the benefit of the users. It's your forum - get involved.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

Hey everyone, new daddy to a 3.5 month old American Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Pitbull  Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
Hey everyone, new daddy to a 3.5 month old American Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Pitbull  Icon_arrow Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
Hey everyone, new daddy to a 3.5 month old American Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Pitbull  Icon_arrow You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
Hey everyone, new daddy to a 3.5 month old American Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Pitbull  Icon_arrow How to update your Profile information
Hey everyone, new daddy to a 3.5 month old American Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Pitbull  Icon_arrow See who the Admin, Moderators & Support staff are Here

Back to top Go down

Hey everyone, new daddy to a 3.5 month old American Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Pitbull  Empty Re: Hey everyone, new daddy to a 3.5 month old American Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Pitbull

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28 2017, 12:18

Hi and welcome from me and mine Big Grin

It's wonderful to hear from someone who as not only a staffie but also a pitbull that you can shout about with pride! They're such wonderful dogs but sadly here they are viewed by many as evil and are a banned breed. So please, lots of updates and photos of Coda as well as of Piglet.

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Sat Jan 28 2017, 13:05

Hi ya, welcome to the forum from Flo and me Big Grin

Look forward to learning loads more about your fur buddies

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Hey everyone, new daddy to a 3.5 month old American Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Pitbull  B110
-Ian-
-Ian-
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Anything, she's Deaf !
Dog(s) Ages : RIP Flo
Dog Gender(s) : Girl
Support total : 2862

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistys Mum Sat Jan 28 2017, 13:18

Hello welcome from Misty and me. Can't wait to hear all about your two pals! X

Hey everyone, new daddy to a 3.5 month old American Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Pitbull  B110
Mistys Mum
Mistys Mum

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Misty
Dog(s) Ages : 16 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 523

Back to top Go down

Post by TwoSocks Sat Jan 28 2017, 14:47

Hi from Una and me - looking forward to seeing your pics!
TwoSocks
TwoSocks
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Hey everyone, new daddy to a 3.5 month old American Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Pitbull  Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Una
Dog(s) Ages : 02/05/2015
Support total : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia05 Sat Jan 28 2017, 14:58

Welcome to the forum

Hey everyone, new daddy to a 3.5 month old American Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Pitbull  B310
Mia05
Mia05
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 2005-2016 rip mia
Support total : 1317

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnar_Lothbrok Sat Jan 28 2017, 15:04

Wow fast multiple replies thank you all. I've owned 4 total bully breeds in my life. The first two were both apbt in my early 20s. Both passed on. I'm 37 now. Now I have the two puppies I've described here. Having two pups at once even with wife's help is wow a lot of work. It's also awesome and I love it. The two I had before I rescued from drug dealers and they were both a little over a year old so it was much , much different. Both of my current pups are pretty large compared to breed standard but from what I've researched it seems that the adult weight of the staffy and the apbt are really low OR my dogs are just genetically large. My staffy piglet is already 34lbs at 3.5 months old and breed standard says 38lbs . My apbt coda is 41lbs at 4.5 months old and breed standard says 50 - 55. I'm fine with it either way their size jsnt what I care about anyway. I care about raising them to be super well trained, socialized nice loving dogs. Piglet is the avatar pic. I just joined the Instagram my Instagram for them with pics and videos of both is coda_and_piglet_the_pitbulls go follow me I'll approve immediately. How do I post pics of them on here as opposed to sending people to the Instagram page?
Ragnar_Lothbrok
Ragnar_Lothbrok

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnar_Lothbrok Sat Jan 28 2017, 15:09

Saw all your avatars so cute all of them. I added you all to friends list also I believe. My Coda has these bright green eyes. So beautiful. Like I mentioned go to the IG and you will see good pics and videos of them.
Ragnar_Lothbrok
Ragnar_Lothbrok

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia05 Sat Jan 28 2017, 15:12

Ragner unfortunately you cant add pics for a week its to prevent spammers scammers etc but look forward to pics

Hey everyone, new daddy to a 3.5 month old American Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Pitbull  B310
Mia05
Mia05

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 2005-2016 rip mia
Support total : 1317

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnar_Lothbrok Sat Jan 28 2017, 17:47

Ah ok gotcha. No problem will post the pics in a week.
Ragnar_Lothbrok
Ragnar_Lothbrok

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistys Mum Sat Jan 28 2017, 19:39

Just followed you on instagram - gonna need a bigger boat Big Grin

Mistys Mum
Mistys Mum

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Sat Jan 28 2017, 20:21

Hi from me & Katy Big Grin Piglet looks adorable, cant wait to see Coda Love Struck Love Struck

Jenc
Jenc

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnar_Lothbrok Sun Jan 29 2017, 02:13

Hey Jenc and everyone else just go follow my IG and you can see Coda and Piglet in pics and videos.
Ragnar_Lothbrok
Ragnar_Lothbrok

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnar_Lothbrok Sun Jan 29 2017, 04:03

Jenc, katys coloring is so cute. Is the brown just on her face and the rest of her all white like it looks like from the avatar I see? That's pretty cool. Piglet seems like she's gaining width by the day. It's unreal. The two of them are going thru about 80$ worth of chew toys a week so far. I know this will slow as the months go on and once they get out of the super young puppy months. Piglet is only 3.5 months and Coda is 4.5 months so I realize I have a good 4-6 months more of the extreme puppy type stuff. They'll never be this cute and this little again though. It's like with my daughter, it was a lot of effort and work when she was like birth to say 4 or 5 yrs old, then she was so much more independent but now that she's 11.5 I miss all that lol. I was like GOD to her before a few yrs ago. She never wanted to be away from me or not want me always playing with her and all that. Now it's like she's a teenager. Even though she's still only 11. 6-8 was near perfect. She was able to do enough stuff herself and potty trained of course by then but she still wanted me all the time. Wish it would have frozen around 6ish.
Ragnar_Lothbrok
Ragnar_Lothbrok

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnar_Lothbrok Sun Jan 29 2017, 13:16

So I assume you mods have some tips and tricks for potty training. My process is only in the beginning of course since I'm only at month 4 and 5 with each dog but any tips and tricks would be welcomed. I take them to same spot. I take them separately 90% of the time. Pooping I have pretty much nailed down. It's basically done 100% outside. It's the urinating that I'm having trouble with. Only got about 50 % of that down . Can't even nail down timing
So any tips would be help ful. They get kennels over night but that's only time cuz I work from home so I'm here during day
Ragnar_Lothbrok
Ragnar_Lothbrok

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Sun Jan 29 2017, 19:38

Hey everyone, new daddy to a 3.5 month old American Staffordshire Bull Terrier and American Pitbull  20161009_100906_zpsmcsejn4d
Katy only has 2 other spots of brindle but the rest of her is white other than the spots on her skin! If I shaved her she would look like a Dalmatian Laughing Love Struck
Tiddle training as we call it here is done often, especially after drinking or playing. Take them outside as often as you can & they will soon get the idea. Katy will actually ask to go out when she needs a tiddle Smile

Jenc
Jenc

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnar_Lothbrok Sun Jan 29 2017, 22:28

Yeah im doin every 20 mins as is. So basically I'm doin the most that can be done at this age I guess.
Ragnar_Lothbrok
Ragnar_Lothbrok

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Sun Jan 29 2017, 23:30

Yup give them every opportunity to go outside and praise praise praise when they do. They'll get the hang of it in no time

-Ian-
-Ian-

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnar_Lothbrok Sun Jan 29 2017, 23:50

Oh yeah I forgot to say I bring 5-7 training treats in my coat pocket everytime. Every pee and poo they get a treat, pets and verbal praise. I'm addition, to same place every time and out to it every 20-30 mins now our whole process has been said. So from what I've read and told professionally and here I'm doing everything that can be done. Just gotta wait it out at this point. Appreciate all your help everyone.
Ragnar_Lothbrok
Ragnar_Lothbrok

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnar_Lothbrok Mon Jan 30 2017, 17:45

Whew! piglet is getting wider by the day so heavy . Only barely 4 months and 37 lbs Coda is getting taller by the day. Both just went out and pooped and both piss 2x . Got lots of praise, plus petting, plus a treat for all of them then picked up 12 poops round my property. Now finally back in The house.
Ragnar_Lothbrok
Ragnar_Lothbrok

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Mon Jan 30 2017, 18:46

Some get the idea really quickly others take a little more time but they will get the hang of it thumbs up

-Ian-
-Ian-

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnar_Lothbrok Mon Jan 30 2017, 19:02

Yup they are getting it. It's not super bad or anything. If say 1-10 bout a 3 in terms of trained with poop and piss wise.
Ragnar_Lothbrok
Ragnar_Lothbrok

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnar_Lothbrok Mon Jan 30 2017, 19:04

So considering they are only 3 and 4 months old it's not too bad.
Ragnar_Lothbrok
Ragnar_Lothbrok

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Mon Jan 30 2017, 19:57

hia from me and sasha  Smile
stella
stella

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnar_Lothbrok Mon Jan 30 2017, 20:13

Hey stella, hi Sasha. Our pics and videos are here. Instagram, coda_and_piglet_the_pitbulls
Ragnar_Lothbrok
Ragnar_Lothbrok

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnar_Lothbrok Wed Feb 01 2017, 01:38

Hey everyone I just put some new vids of them on Instagram, this is what goes on literally 90% of the day the other 10% their sleeping and I don't mean naps, I mean sleeping over night. I'll say they are great at sleeping in their houses aka crates overnight. No whining or crying or barking at all. They stay in there all night and all morning until I get them out to go pee and poop and then breakfast. They never pee or poop in their houses either. We call it their house's not crates or kennels. Just sounds better, to us.
Ragnar_Lothbrok
Ragnar_Lothbrok

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnar_Lothbrok Wed Feb 01 2017, 05:50

Piglet is doing her typical snorting as she breathes during sleeping. So cute.
Ragnar_Lothbrok
Ragnar_Lothbrok

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnar_Lothbrok Wed Feb 01 2017, 11:12

Up and going to get Piglet and Coda to go poop! Then breakfast, the, timer starts for after breakfast poop. For them its 90 mins. Good morning guys and gals!
Ragnar_Lothbrok
Ragnar_Lothbrok

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by -Ian- Wed Feb 01 2017, 14:09

Sounds like things are moving in the right direction.

-Ian-
-Ian-

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnar_Lothbrok Wed Feb 01 2017, 16:00

Yup as fast as can be expected. Put a couple new cool vids on Instagram if you feel like checking them out.
Ragnar_Lothbrok
Ragnar_Lothbrok

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnar_Lothbrok Fri Feb 03 2017, 05:47

So when should I stop posting here in the introduction section and where do I post when finished here?
Ragnar_Lothbrok
Ragnar_Lothbrok

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistys Mum Fri Feb 03 2017, 09:43

You can post in any of the sections. We have a photo gallery so you can post pics of your two ( we love photos here!) Or we have a lot of different seconds for just chat, or puppy sections etc

Feel free to post anywhere now, it's nice to have another active member

Mistys Mum
Mistys Mum

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Ragnar_Lothbrok Fri Feb 03 2017, 17:21

Thank you dear
Ragnar_Lothbrok
Ragnar_Lothbrok

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Inez Maria Wed Apr 05 2017, 19:45

Hiya from me and Vinnie,,,, yay my nickname is piglet ,,,, so pleased to meet your piglet and Coda Big Grin

Inez Maria
Inez Maria

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Vinnie
Dog(s) Ages : 11/08/2011
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 2596

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down