+5
Nosipho
bobs
mooch
8903jared
Bruno311210
9 posters

Go down

How "hyper" is Hyper for your pup ?? Empty How "hyper" is Hyper for your pup ??

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07 2011, 02:23

Hello again.

Just a question.......
How Hyper does your pup get?

My Roxy is a complete Hyper Nut in the mornings, racing around the house, jumping on the furniture ( goodness Help those who are actually sitting on the furniture ) grabbing things she should'nt have etc......
This is also the worst time of day for her Nipping at legs, heels, toes etc.... OUCH at wits end

My parents have just moved in with us for a short while and my Mum asked me "is she like this every morning???" and jokingly "That's not normal" My reply was that she is a Pup.....and she is a Staffy

She has only just started going out for walks the last two days ( since finalising her vaccinations ) which she loves but she has sooooooo much energy.

As the day progresses she starts to calm down and behave in a more civilised manner Wink Laughing
Please tell me this settles "slightly" at least as they mature out of the puppy stage Big Grin

Back to top Go down

How "hyper" is Hyper for your pup ?? Empty Re: How "hyper" is Hyper for your pup ??

Post by Bruno311210 Thu Apr 07 2011, 06:41

Bruno has a mad spell first thing in the morning and sometimes he does early evening too Laughing
Bruno311210
Bruno311210
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

How "hyper" is Hyper for your pup ?? Empty Re: How "hyper" is Hyper for your pup ??

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07 2011, 06:56

woody has a "mad one" at some point in the day - thankfully calm in the mornings. i ust make sure the patio doors are open so he can raceout like a loon!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruno311210 Thu Apr 07 2011, 07:10

nicolalouises wrote:woody has a "mad one" at some point in the day - thankfully calm in the mornings. i ust make sure the patio doors are open so he can raceout like a loon!

Laughing
Bruno311210
Bruno311210

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bruno
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Support total : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07 2011, 07:12

........................well we did have one teent tiny incident when they werent! ouch!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07 2011, 07:32

nicolalouises wrote:........................well we did have one teent tiny incident when they werent! ouch!

OOPS.........I'm not giggling........i'm Not........OK, maybe just a little........sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by 8903jared Thu Apr 07 2011, 08:18

Duke is always hyper at about 3pm-5pm every afternoon! Not so bad in the morning though
8903jared
8903jared
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by mooch Thu Apr 07 2011, 08:37

blitz gets the hyper zoomies about twice a day usually first thing in the morning and around 6 at night i was told dogs get energetic at this time of day because it would have been when they would've hunted
mooch
mooch
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Blitz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07 2011, 08:40

billy is hyper about 7 ish, runs around the garden comes into the house, runs around the living room and back out, does this about 4 times

Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07 2011, 08:53

when Jethro was a baby he was a real nutter!
.. every now and then he still has his mad minute. He just goes berserk, tail between his legs, and runs flat out round and round.. as he flies past he sounds like a race horse in full gallop! Then he is buggered and lies on the ground for 10 minutes to recover!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07 2011, 10:06

harvey seems to be hyper all day unless he has a quick nap, or he's watching jeremy kyle! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07 2011, 10:11

Loopy wrote:
Please tell me this settles "slightly" at least as they mature out of the puppy stage Big Grin

Hmmm, Bandit still had loopy moments when he was 13 years old! But he was a little calmer by then.

Dempsey was an absolute b**ger for that when he was younger. Thankfully he's a lot calmer now, although every so often he does a bully-run around the house & ricochets off the doors/walls/furniture instead of stopping & turning around! Big Grin By the way, he didn't really start to calm down a bit till he was about 18 months old!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobs Thu Apr 07 2011, 10:18

When Sophie goes hyper its normally because shes getting tired, so we put her to bed in her crate which she loves. Sometimes she takes herself off to bed.
bobs
bobs

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Sophie
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Thu Apr 07 2011, 11:21

Tali is two and she still goes loopy in the mornings! She loves to grab things shes not supposed to and tear around the flat with them, especially magazines, shoes, clothes etc! Think its just the joys of being alive!
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by debbiewaterhouse Thu Apr 07 2011, 13:04

Hollie's quite sedate in the mornings, but about 1pm does her usual gallop/sprinting round the garden into the house, round the sofa's/coffee table (anything she can get around) back out to the garden, up and down the driveway etc etc, then takes herself off to her crate for a lie down Laughing
debbiewaterhouse
debbiewaterhouse
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Divorced
Dogs Name(s) : Hollie & Dotts
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 & 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Females
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07 2011, 15:44

Nosipho wrote:Tali is two and she still goes loopy in the mornings! She loves to grab things shes not supposed to and tear around the flat with them, especially magazines, shoes, clothes etc! Think its just the joys of being alive!

So, i'm definitely not alone. Shoes, clothes, socks, tissues etc.... need to be tied down here to be safe from Roxy.

I luv the way you put that "the joys of being alive" Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by burties35 Thu Apr 07 2011, 15:56

Bodhi is quiet in the mornings and comes alive when my oldest gets home from school, the ears flat running charge happens everyday can be at various times it is very funny, in patio doors round chair onto sofa off then back out to start again repeat until flops!!
Don't worry though Staffy owners Biddy used to do this everyday until we lost her aged 11 so not a restricted puppy activity..lol..xxxx Big Grin
burties35
burties35
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
How "hyper" is Hyper for your pup ?? Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bodhi
Dog Gender(s) : Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07 2011, 16:10

burties35 wrote: not a restricted puppy activity..lol..xxxx Big Grin

no talking talk to the hand thinking time out worried i dont know not listening praying shame on you nail biting it wasnt me I dont want to s Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 07 2011, 17:53

Loopy wrote:
burties35 wrote: not a restricted puppy activity..lol..xxxx Big Grin

no talking talk to the hand thinking time out worried i dont know not listening praying shame on you nail biting it wasnt me I dont want to s Crying or Very sad

think we are all now doing all of those things!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Fri Apr 08 2011, 11:16

Loopy wrote:
Nosipho wrote:Tali is two and she still goes loopy in the mornings! She loves to grab things shes not supposed to and tear around the flat with them, especially magazines, shoes, clothes etc! Think its just the joys of being alive!

So, i'm definitely not alone. Shoes, clothes, socks, tissues etc.... need to be tied down here to be safe from Roxy.

I luv the way you put that "the joys of being alive" Smile

Well I can never figure out what it is that sets her off! Its just as if she wakes up and shes like 'WOW I'm ALIVE!! Its so exciting'
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by raverhayley Fri Apr 08 2011, 16:05

Loopy wrote:Hello again.

Just a question.......
How Hyper does your pup get?

My Roxy is a complete Hyper Nut in the mornings, racing around the house, jumping on the furniture ( goodness Help those who are actually sitting on the furniture ) grabbing things she should'nt have etc......

Hhahaha she must be Bruisers twin!, he goes skitzo at least once a day, but when people come round our house OMG he goes mad! jumping up at them and all over the furniture and this can last for over 30mins! he no's sit, stay, out etc etc but the min people come round he becomes transfixed on them and it all goes out the window!
i have faith he will calm down in time lol, if not the nuts are coming off lol
raverhayley
raverhayley
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bruiser

Back to top Go down

Post by Louise Fri Apr 08 2011, 23:57

Don't get me started with tissues..... I am a person who uses a thousand tissues a day, I'm always sick... yea you know, my whole room was covered by tiny, microscopic snotty tissues.... now the bin has a lid and is high up on my desk. Big Grin (This has happened multiple times before I moved the bin to my desk) unsure
Louise
Louise

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Saffy the Staffordshire Bull Terrier & Pingu the Miniature Fox Terrier X Jack Russell.
Dog Gender(s) : Saffy + Female | Pingu = Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down