hyper !!!

Go down

hyper !!! Empty hyper !!!

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22 2011, 19:48

Vinnie is now 18 weeks old and he is on raw diet, but he never seems to settle and is very hyper most of the time. He has 2 good walks a day about 30 mins in total as I understand about 5 mins per month old. Does anyone have any suggestions albeit he is sound asleep at the moment! Surprised

Back to top Go down

hyper !!! Empty Re: hyper !!!

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22 2011, 20:04

Inez, I was given this tip here and it works a treat. Give Vinnie a soothing massage with Lavendar oil (aroma therapy). He may think your playing and try and mouth your hands but he will come to enjoy it as part of his sleep time routine.

Tyson actually looks forward to the rub as soon as I get the oil out and it really does calm him right down.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Thu Dec 22 2011, 20:23

Give it time, and lots of it!!

Moo is nearly 3 and only settles now because I trained her to calm lol. She gets at least 2/3 hours walk a day, then she will constantly bring me toys!! She wouldn't stop going if it where her choice!!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 22 2011, 23:10

You could try playing tug of war as well as training exercises such as seek to tire him out. It's important to make them mentally tired as well

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 23 2011, 00:49

Ty wrote:Inez, I was given this tip here and it works a treat. Give Vinnie a soothing massage with Lavendar oil (aroma therapy). He may think your playing and try and mouth your hands but he will come to enjoy it as part of his sleep time routine.

Tyson actually looks forward to the rub as soon as I get the oil out and it really does calm him right down.

jstaff wrote:You could try playing tug of war as well as training exercises such as seek to tire him out. It's important to make them mentally tired as well

Both of the above are good, although you might not want the mental stimulation right before bedtime! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down