advice on dealing with aggressive dogs

2 posters

Go down

advice on dealing with aggressive dogs Empty advice on dealing with aggressive dogs

Post by boyley67 Thu Jul 11 2013, 01:06

Hi all, proud companion to a lovely playfull 4 month old staff pup. Unfortunately I live in a bad part of Glasgow where people walk aggressive dogs off leash and a full grown staff went for my pup when we had our boy on a leash. The staff's owner received a sore face from me and thankfully I got to the dog before it bit my puppy, but now he is nervous going on intolerant of other dogs and humans which is exactly what I don't want for my poor boy. Any advice please?

Last edited by boyley67 on Mon Jul 15 2013, 10:03; edited 1 time in total

boyley67
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Jax
Dog(s) Ages : 14 weeks
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

advice on dealing with aggressive dogs Empty Re: advice on dealing with aggressive dogs

Post by CaraElizabeth Thu Jul 11 2013, 03:51

Is there anywhere else you can walk him? At least somewhere where aggressive dogs aren't off lead? Even if you possible have to drive this would be better! He is young and as you said you got the dog before it attacked Jax so he will get over it as long as it doesn't continue to happen! Can't offer too much advice besides walking somewhere else. Sounds like a tough situation for you. Irresponsible people drive me crazy! Why would you ever have your dog off leash if they are aggressive to other dogs/ humans?!?!
CaraElizabeth
CaraElizabeth
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Gwen
Dog(s) Ages : 12/22/2012
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 145

Back to top Go down