dealing with seperation anxiety between two dogs

2 posters

Go down

dealing with seperation anxiety between two dogs Empty dealing with seperation anxiety between two dogs

Post by crystel Wed Feb 06 2013, 08:32

Hi All hope your all well.
I have come aross a problem that in my 20plus years of owning my own staffies i haven,t had so wondering if anyone could offer any advice.
I have often owned 2 dogs together but they have always been able too be seperated for various reasons they didn,t bond as much as my two i have now have.
Skye was always an extremely nervous stressed dog, she doesn,t not have seperation anxiety with me as i trained her out of it with lots of work.
She didn,t really bond with my previous dog as Jez was 9 when skye came home with us.
I had lots of doubts about getting a puppy when i lost jez as skye isn,t great with other dogs, so i was over the moon when skye and ava completely bonded they sleep eat and play together, and are always together.
When i got ava spayed skye really played up howling and crying etc and got really upset!!! and even when i was there she didn,t settle until ava came home.
And this happens when ever they are apart now.
I have started giving them some short walks apart but they love playing each other so ruins their walks abit.
I guess it is just continuing with short bursts of seperation but has anyone else dealt with this would love any advice.
crystel
crystel
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages : 7yrs and 1yr
Dog Gender(s) : females
Support total : 101

Back to top Go down

dealing with seperation anxiety between two dogs Empty Re: dealing with seperation anxiety between two dogs

Post by Kathy Wed Feb 06 2013, 13:02

Sorry dont think I can really help as I have only ever had one dog at a time. Could you leave a radio at home for the dog that is left there. Just find a quiet talky station, radio 4 would probably help there.

Try short walks to begin with when taking one at a time and gradually build up the length of time they are separated for.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

dealing with seperation anxiety between two dogs Empty Re: dealing with seperation anxiety between two dogs

Post by crystel Wed Feb 06 2013, 13:27

Hi Kathy hope you and gorgeous rocky are well without anymore other dog attack problems!! remember you went through a bad run of it.
Thanks for coming back too me i do leave the radio on will definitely start trying the seperate walks.
It is lovely that my two have really bonded but dread one of them having too go too the vets or something x
crystel
crystel

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages : 7yrs and 1yr
Dog Gender(s) : females
Support total : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down