c-staff
Sazzle
Maria90
Kathy
janey
swansmike
12 posters

Go down

night - heat stroke- even at 10pm last night !! - Page 2 Empty heat stroke- even at 10pm last night !!

Post by swansmike Tue Jul 09 2013, 10:16

First topic message reminder :

I know everyone is aware, most even more aware than me about heat stroke.

I took bronx out 9 40 last night, let him of the lead up the field and he chased a tennis ball and just walked around.
As I headed back the 5 minute walk, he collapsed at the side of the road I thought he was just being lazy then I noticed his back legs dragging when he got back up.

Down he went again, so I knew something was wrong -I picked him up and he went so floppy there was just nothing...I run all the way home with him, Had him on the floor out the garden cooling him down.

If I couldnt actually manage sprinting home carrying him he definitely would not be here..he is sleepy now but I imagine it took alot out of him

So yes for the ones that have not experienced heat stroke yet, it can even happen at late hours like that, which put you very of guard so be safe please horrible to see.

swansmike
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : bronx
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 4

Back to top Go down

night - heat stroke- even at 10pm last night !! - Page 2 Empty Re: heat stroke- even at 10pm last night !!

Post by swansmike Wed Jul 10 2013, 09:16

jshrew wrote:The local pet hotel where he has been for doggy daycare has a new pool mostly for therapy but they also do recreational swims

sounds lovely Smile didnt know there was stuff like that about

swansmike

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

night - heat stroke- even at 10pm last night !! - Page 2 Empty Re: heat stroke- even at 10pm last night !!

Post by swansmike Wed Jul 10 2013, 09:21

Staffy lover wrote:How is Bronx today.  Great advice from all.  Pixee does seem to suffer in the hot heat, we noticed that last year.  Walks are only in the woods and only for 10 to 15 mins.  Our house can get hot ever with the fan on, due to the sun room, which is Pixees fav spot, so going out now is quick, as I know Pixee will just stay in the sun room watching for me to come back Sad .
i stayed downstairs with him till about 2 30 with the fan on then took him upstairs, he woke up about 3 times through the night so i gave him a drink in bed so he didnt have to move haha..

then i woke up at 9 with him panting so i shot downstairs with him to cool down all day now. to warm!
good idea on the woods to nice and shaded.

ah it gets so hot in them : ( my mums dogs spot is the convo , where it gets boiling hot so have to make sure its closed at all times or they would fry

swansmike

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down