epileptic fit , stroke or else ?

3 posters

Go down

epileptic fit , stroke or else ? Empty epileptic fit , stroke or else ?

Post by tiboalx Wed Mar 19 2014, 21:42

Hi everyone !

I had a pretty bad fright a couple of days ago : Dexter was sleeping calmly on the floor and i went to pet him as usual. he suddenly arched himself backwards and started shaking and blinking heavily. i tried to make him stand up but he seemed completely disorientated .
He slept then for a few hours and is back to his old self again but the sight of him that way was quite frightening ( the fact that the PDSA never answered our calls was not helping either )
I'm taking him to the vet to get checked out anyway but i thought some of you might already lived that kind of situation and could give me a bit of advice if this ever happen again .

Ho ! and to come back on my last post his leg is doing perfectly fine now ... I'm sorry i didn't get back to you guys but we had internet trouble for a few weeks
tiboalx
tiboalx
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : dexter
Dog(s) Ages : 1 y/o
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

epileptic fit , stroke or else ? Empty Re: epileptic fit , stroke or else ?

Post by Sazzle Wed Mar 19 2014, 21:54

Aww poor thing, other people have experience this so may be able to give some advise, let us know how you get on at the vets xx
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19 2014, 23:26

Poor dexter Sad usually epileptic fits the dogs legs are paddling (running) while laid down and there's foaming of mouth and sometimes peeing/pooing. (Our lab x had these sort) Ruby's fits are different as she's usually walking about before hand. She starts looking over her shoulder like her head can fully rotate then the legs go and she starts to fit. Her legs don't paddle she just shakes. Takes a while to come round and then is very disorientated and staggered till she then sleeps it off.
I can't see your profile on as on my phone, whereabouts are you? Was he too hot? And how old is he?
Let us know what the vet says Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by djstratton Wed Mar 19 2014, 23:34

We went through this the other week. He was resting normally then he stood up trying and looked like he was trying to catch air and started foaming and drooling. It looked like he was having a seizure. Fortunately no peeing/pooing himself. He did three times in one day and it hasn't happened since. Our friend (who works in a vet clinic) and we believe it was an effect to the kennel cough vaccine he received a few days earlier.
djstratton
djstratton
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Marquez
Dog(s) Ages : 18 months
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down