Some dog owners are so stupid

+2
Sazzle
julespercules
6 posters

Go down

Some dog owners are so stupid Empty Some dog owners are so stupid

Post by julespercules Thu Jun 20 2013, 22:06

Why do some dog owners just let their dog do anything even though the other dog is clearly telling their dog to back off and the owner just stands there going 'he only wants to play'.

If my dog had retaliated im sure she wouldn't have been so quiet on the matter

Julia
julespercules
julespercules
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Some dog owners are so stupid Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : tash
Dog(s) Ages : 18 months
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Some dog owners are so stupid Empty Re: Some dog owners are so stupid

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20 2013, 22:09

I'm always really tempted to run up to them and start bouncing around in their face and poking them, to see how they like it. I don't, because I'm not mental. But I think it might help some of these people see it from the dog's point of view.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20 2013, 22:18

Unfortunately jules, there is many of them type of owners out there, who if it was the other way round would be all irate & shouting pfft they drive me crazy Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20 2013, 22:28

and you would be the one to blame Sad even if you had her in a straight jacket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20 2013, 22:36

I get it all the time, Jules!

Small comfort to know that others get the same problems, but there are so many idiots out there!Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Thu Jun 20 2013, 22:50

I ask myself this question every day!
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 20 2013, 22:53

Unfortunately, I'm one of the "he only wants to play" brigade (although I am trying my utmost to avoid saying that phrase).

I have Kuchar on a extendable lead (because his recall is zero when he sees another dog) and I catch it up short when another dog comes into view. He's getting better, but he will oftener than not strain to say hello to the other dog; play bowing etc. (this is when we head on in a narrow walkway). Most times the other dog owner is fine, but if they are not then the dreaded phrase escapes my lips, usually accompanied with "he won't hurt".

Many, many times an off-leash dog will come bowling up to Kuchar and I don't mind this because I know that Kuchar will be delighted and will "only want to play". However, if God forbid, he ever becomes DA or just too old and infirm to enjoy dog intereaction, then I will have to adjust what I do in that situation. I hope I won't shout and scream though.

Back to top Go down

Post by mike_and_donna Thu Jun 27 2013, 14:53

Guest wrote:I'm always really tempted to run up to them and start bouncing around in their face and poking them, to see how they like it. I don't, because I'm not mental. But I think it might help some of these people see it from the dog's point of view.

This would be hilarious to watch
mike_and_donna
mike_and_donna
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Jessie (Beagle), Lola (Staffie)
Dog Gender(s) : Girls
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 27 2013, 15:07

Yer we get the 'he only wants to play' but they only say it the once when their dog is sent packing by chance Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Thu Jun 27 2013, 15:14

They just don't get it! and im sure if it was our dog off the leash they would be cursing and raging how inconsiderate we are being by letting our 'dangerous' dogs off the leash, as they all say. Ignorance is bliss.
Maria90
Maria90
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by julespercules Fri Jun 28 2013, 21:41

Lynda, I have no problem if the owner is trying their best, its just when they can't be arsed to even try and keep their dog under control. When she was a puppy and still now to be honest, unless I know the dogs, tash goes on the lead so she wouldn't jump up strange dogs, but on numerous occasions dogs have jumped all over her with little or no interaction from their owners. It really annoys me
julespercules
julespercules
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Some dog owners are so stupid Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : tash
Dog(s) Ages : 18 months
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 28 2013, 23:25

Yes I understand this Jules and agree that a strange dog jumping all over your dog who is on a lead is annoying at best. In this case I have no hesitation in playing the lead out and letting the dogs meet and make friends as I know that that is all Kuchar wants to do. However, if heaven forbid, the approaching dog is aggressive then I will have no hesitation in picking Kuchar up into my arms (heavy lump though he is and old lady that I am!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazagem Sat Jun 29 2013, 08:40

This is the reason my boy has become da as he was jumped on by an over enthusiastic lab at the time I had just started training him to enjoy being walked as he was a very nervous 6month old rescue who had never been introduced to other dogs
A year later he's getting better but hates jumpy dogs and will snap and for some reason I still get the "he's ok he just wants to play" to Which I reply fine but he will bite. They soon run to get their dog then if willing I will stand and inform them why. Doesn't always work
Gazagem
Gazagem

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 29 2013, 20:46

Oh dear Clare, poor Buster. How you must curse that Lab, for all his good intentions, for traumatising him.

I'm so glad that the little lad is slowly recovering his nerve; I'm sure that with your patience and common sense he will grow in confidence, especially if you can pal up with calm, sensible dogs that won't intimidate him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 30 2013, 14:25

These sort of people are idiots. I have come across them far too many times.Big Grin 

Back to top Go down

Post by Nidge41 Sun Jun 30 2013, 14:38

I take mine on the field with a 100ft horse tethering lead, it gives me control and also lets Rio run about all he wants. When he sees another dog he doesn't bother them, if they come running up to him he thinks they want to play. I pull him in because I don't know what the other dog is like.

There's a guy who comes on the field with a whippet, Rio loves him and they run about like mad men, when we leave the field Rio screams like a baby.

A few weeks ago I was out with him and the girlfriends dog when a Huski came running from nowhere and started attacking the girlfriends dog Crystal, Rio was down the banking sniffing about when he heard the commotion, I was trying to get this Huski off Crystal when Rio appeared, I managed to get him on a tight lead and kicked this Huski off Crystal. I didn't know how he'd react to his mate being attacked.

The Huskis owner appeared and said, "can't you control your dogs"? I said "you what" mine are on a lead yours isn't. She said, "he's been neutered and only wants to play". I said "funny playing that is when he's trying to rip her to bits".

I followed it up with some profanities calling her a stupid dog owner.
Nidge41
Nidge41
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Rio
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content