Flaming Cats...

5 posters

Go down

Flaming Cats... Empty Flaming Cats...

Post by debtom Mon Jun 17 2013, 13:37

How on earth do I get rid of three annoying cats....grrrrrr:atwitsend:

There are three cats who appear intent on winding Caley up.  Caley loves to sit on the back of my settee and watch the world go by, but these three cats show up and just sit there knowing she is watching, poor caley's fur goes right up and she has managed to rip my net curtain down lol, her body goes absolutely ridged.  In the end one of us has to go out and shooo the cat away, they are just so confident.

It has now got to the point that even if Caley sees a cat on our walks, she freaks out trying to get them it actually takes two hands to stop her pulling she just switches off...I'm sure though if she were to come face to face with them she would probably roll on her back lol...

I just wish there was a way these flaming cats would go away, only one of them lives next door....and to make it worse they poop in my garden even though they know Caley is there....any tips...
debtom
debtom
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Flaming Cats... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Caley
Dog(s) Ages : Born 2 April 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Flaming Cats... Empty Re: Flaming Cats...

Post by Guest Mon Jun 17 2013, 13:46

You can get special equipment that you stick in your garden, which has a sensor. When cats go past the sensor, it gives off a high-frequency noise that they don't like. You'd have to check to see if it affects dogs as well though.

Back to top Go down

Post by kelpie Mon Jun 17 2013, 14:03

Pepper, put pepper down where they like to toilet... or Curry plants.. apparently they don't like the smell. I planted lavender bushes and that stopped the neighbours cats pooping in my garden.... that and a water pistol Big Grin (only used in the back garden as that is where Rolo goes without his lead on, it was used to dissuade the cats from hanging there) Good luck.
kelpie
kelpie
Flaming Cats... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rolo
Dog(s) Ages : 2 1/2 years old
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by StuW Mon Jun 17 2013, 14:11

I sprinkled hot curry powder on top of the fences and walls! Also got a can of the Pet Corrector spray from P@H and every time I see a cat give it a spray! A well aimed spray with the hose helps aswell Smile
StuW
StuW
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Bailey, Sierra
Dog(s) Ages : 8th Sep 2011, 12th Sept 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by debtom Mon Jun 17 2013, 14:14

My problem is they are sneaky and get in the back garden and leave a deposit when I am not around...the front garden is when they are brave and sit and stare....grrrr

Perhaps if I squirt them with a water pistol from the window Caley sits at they might think she is armed and dangerous and clear off...lol

I would try the pepper but Caley always has her nose to the ground in the garden, she will probably be the one who ends up sneezing everywhere.
debtom
debtom
Flaming Cats... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 17 2013, 14:15

I'll admit that I used to squirt cats that came into the garden with icy water. Rather that than have Dempsey catch them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 17 2013, 15:12

They are a pain, I have heard that putting those fake rubber snakes amongst your garden helps the pooping. Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by debtom Mon Jun 17 2013, 15:13

ooooh that is an idea...I have a real snake, perhaps I should set that loose...lol - sorry that is mean, I do love cats...just not these three...
debtom
debtom
Flaming Cats... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 17 2013, 15:18

Ooh a real one Debbie even better! worth a try though:D

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 17 2013, 15:27

Aww poor caley, those annoying cats bothering her, Try the water spray Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 17 2013, 15:48

If you decide to use water, fairy liquid bottles are very good for it - good aim and good distance.

I know that it definitely helps if you make sure all cat or dog poo is cleaned up as quickly as possible, to prevent the cats associating it with a territory-marking spot. A lot of it will probably be related to territory.

They're also very habitual creatures, often doing the rounds of their favourite gardens in the same route each day. So if you disrupt this routine, it could help to discourage them. You can do this by:

-Putting sticks in the way, upright, across your garden. Looks messy, but it sometimes does the trick. When the cats stop visiting, you can take them down.

-Filling bin liners with old plastic or some other noisy material and laying it across the areas the cat passes through or usually poops.

I know some people who use rose clippings, as cats dislike thorns. Personally, I wouldn't use them. If Dempsey steps on a thorn, he limps about for the rest of the day and feels sorry for himself. What people need to remember is that the cat is somebody's pet, so hurting it really shouldn't be an option. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 18 2013, 01:04

Some good ideas here Big Grin I have 1 cat that is playing catch me if you can with Steffi Rolling Eyes She hates the damn thing and god help it if she gets it I dont want to s Might try the curry powder on top of the shed as that is where it sits staring down at Steff going nuts Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria90 Wed Jun 19 2013, 10:29

Ohh dear, cats!! They like to test humans and the dogs, way too much confidence those things. We had problems with our neighbours cats before we got our Rocky, then as soon as he came, we have never seen the cats again, so unfortunately I have no clue what would deter them. But the hose or water pistol is a great idea haha!
Maria90
Maria90

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 10 months (09.01.2013)
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 453

Back to top Go down

Post by reuben Wed Jun 19 2013, 12:02

Thing is.......we have 3 cats so Bacchus knows who's the boss!!!!!
reuben
reuben
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Bacchus ( The Wee Man )
Dog(s) Ages : Born 18/07/12
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down