Strange question

Go down

Strange question Empty Strange question

Post by Ticklymac Sat Jun 01 2013, 16:11

This is one for all male dog owners, Leroy is my first boy an obviously I don't go around watch in other dogs this intensely.....
Since we got we'v noticed sum issues with him peein but I dunno if he's just a typical guy an messy....
He doesn't tend to lift his leg very often to pee, only if he's markim really but when he does he always misses the tree/wall/lamppost (typical guy? Lol) When he pees he usually just stands there, maybe spreadin his back legs slightly, but the flow is NEVER steady an he always pees on his legs!

Is this normal? Or do male dogs just not care? I noticed what looks like a scar at the base of his penis on his belly so I don't know if maybe he's been injured or operated on an this is what cause it?
Ticklymac
Ticklymac
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel + Leroy
Dog(s) Ages : 17mnths - bout 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ male
Support total : 31

Back to top Go down

Strange question Empty Re: Strange question

Post by Guest Sat Jun 01 2013, 16:15

The scar could be his belly button. Smile It can just show itself as a mark on the belly.

And yes, it's perfectly normal for male dogs to just squat/stretch out to pee. They only need to raise their legs when they want to get their scent onto something to mark their territory. Smile

As for his aim, I wouldn't worry about that. Tongues Dempsey constantly has yellow paws from missing his targets!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 01 2013, 16:45

I wouldnt worry about this....Shéara's messy when he squats to pee instead of lifting his leg. He only lifts to leave his mark but even then he will miss his target Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 01 2013, 16:53

Boys are just messy

The boys both always lift their leg but Harv always erm pulses when he wees to spray it everywhere Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 01 2013, 17:10

Sounds exactly like my Vinny Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Sat Jun 01 2013, 17:57

Eleanor wrote:The scar could be his belly button. Smile It can just show itself as a mark on the belly.

And yes, it's perfectly normal for male dogs to just squat/stretch out to pee. They only need to raise their legs when they want to get their scent onto something to mark their territory. Smile

As for his aim, I wouldn't worry about that. Tongues Dempsey constantly has yellow paws from missing his targets!

He has both, a wee belly button scar then a wee scar at the side further down.....maybe its just a long belly button? He has a really hairy belly so its hard to clearly see.

Glad to know he's just a normal messy boy then who has no aim! What's that they say about dogs an their owners?!
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 01 2013, 18:03

Dempsey often pees on his paws & frequently just stands there & pees, or pees as he's walking along - he just doesn't care! When he lifts his leg he always misses the target (what he's been sniffing at) but it doesn't seem to boter him! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Sat Jun 01 2013, 18:10

Leroys bad for just stopping an peein when we're walk-in....I'll b walking along an all of sudden he'll have stopped an I turn round to tell him "come on" thinking he's sniffin an then just noticed the puddle forming round his feet in the middle of the pavement it can b rather embarrassing if someone walks past an steps over the pee Laughing Blushing

Diesel is such a duchess an takes 5mns of up an down the same bit finding the exact perfect place she wants to go! So this carefree peein is new for me Laughing
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 01 2013, 18:35

Yep boys are messy , Tommy is always getting tangled in his long line and taking a pee on it , took a runny dump on it the other day sick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 01 2013, 18:49

Ticklymac wrote:

He has both, a wee belly button scar then a wee scar at the side further down.....maybe its just a long belly button? He has a really hairy belly so its hard to clearly see.

Glad to know he's just a normal messy boy then who has no aim! What's that they say about dogs an their owners?!

Could be a long belly button. Tongues

Laughing Oh dear... This does reflect badly on us!

Dempsey often lifts his leg to pee, then pees after he's put his leg back down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Sat Jun 01 2013, 22:58

Thanks for sharin that Dave! sick i've had a few close calls with pooin an long line but thankfully always managed to get it out the way just an no more!! Laughing
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down