Is the Dogo Canario a dog you could consider...

3 posters

Go down

Is the Dogo canario a dog you could consider...

Is the Dogo Canario a dog you could consider... Pbucket33%Is the Dogo Canario a dog you could consider... Pbucket 33% 
[ 3 ]
Is the Dogo Canario a dog you could consider... Pbucket56%Is the Dogo Canario a dog you could consider... Pbucket 56% 
[ 5 ]
Is the Dogo Canario a dog you could consider... Pbucket11%Is the Dogo Canario a dog you could consider... Pbucket 11% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Is the Dogo Canario a dog you could consider... Empty Is the Dogo Canario a dog you could consider...

Post by Sierra Sun Mar 27 2011, 15:26

Is the Dogo Canario a dog you could consider as a companion??

Sierra
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Is the Dogo Canario a dog you could consider... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Snogrisens Sierra
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Is the Dogo Canario a dog you could consider... Empty Re: Is the Dogo Canario a dog you could consider...

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27 2011, 15:30

I've clicked no, because in all honesty I don't think I'd be up to the job! They're a dominant fearless breed (that's no problem, so is Dempsey) and about three times the weight/size of a bull terrier (that's the bit that I couldn't manage!).

You need to know what you're doing & have the time to fully train, or they can be a liability. Sierra, you can cope & give the dog the time & effort it needs for a well adjusted companion, but I'm going to be honest & say that I wouldn't be able to! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Is the Dogo Canario a dog you could consider... Empty Re: Is the Dogo Canario a dog you could consider...

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27 2011, 15:31

yes i would consider one its just a shame there on the banned list

Back to top Go down

Post by Sierra Sun Mar 27 2011, 15:32

bigwazza wrote:yes i would consider one its just a shame there on the banned list

Oh is it on the banlist in england??

If so i did not know that....

Sierra

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27 2011, 15:33

Yes, there are lots of dogs of the same type that are either banned outright, or Insurance companies won't insure. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sierra Sun Mar 27 2011, 15:35

Caryll wrote:I've clicked no, because in all honesty I don't think I'd be up to the job! They're a dominant fearless breed (that's no problem, so is Dempsey) and about three times the weight/size of a bull terrier (that's the bit that I couldn't manage!).

You need to know what you're doing & have the time to fully train, or they can be a liability. Sierra, you can cope & give the dog the time & effort it needs for a well adjusted companion, but I'm going to be honest & say that I wouldn't be able to! Big Grin

Thank you for that honest answer, and yes it takes alot of time to train and adjust the dog but i for one just love it Smile

And there is soon going to be another one but not until the next winter....

I want to give Sierra time to develop and show her alot mer before the new dog arrives....

Sierra

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27 2011, 15:36

Will you get a boy or another girl?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sierra Sun Mar 27 2011, 15:37

Caryll wrote:Yes, there are lots of dogs of the same type that are either banned outright, or Insurance companies won't insure. Sad

Oh man that is an utter shame i think....

To bad honest people with an genuin interest should be punished just because some thugs need to feel powerful and train their dogs wrong....

Sierra

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sierra Sun Mar 27 2011, 15:38

Caryll wrote:Will you get a boy or another girl?

This time it will be a little male imported from the canary islands with very good pedigree...

From wich litter is not decided yet....

Sierra

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27 2011, 15:39

Ooooh, will you be breeding them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sierra Sun Mar 27 2011, 15:42

Caryll wrote:Ooooh, will you be breeding them?

That is my plan in the future depending on their health regarding hips and elbows...

That is not a priority on the islands but i am destend to change that in my future breeding program....

Justina will soon be x-rayed and depending on the results she will be bred next spring when she is fully growned....

Male is already decided....

Sierra

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27 2011, 15:43

Is there a problem with hip & elbow displasia in the breed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sierra Sun Mar 27 2011, 15:51

Caryll wrote:Is there a problem with hip & elbow displasia in the breed?

Since it is a large and heavy breed so yes that could be a problem but other then that there is no known healthissues....

Not that i no of anyway....

This is why i am going to be so careful and picky with their health and hope fully take it so far that i only breed on completly healthy dogs in the future even if it takes a couple of generations before you get there, i only have to find responsible owners that can share my vision....

Sierra

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 27 2011, 15:53

Good for you! At least you have the health of the dogs as a priority!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sierra Sun Mar 27 2011, 15:57

Caryll wrote:Good for you! At least you have the health of the dogs as a priority!

Yes health and character is the most important to me...

I would rather sell the pups to active people that perhaps lives on farm and so on so that the dog can perform what it is bred for, to guard, rather then to run around in a show ring for that i have my staffies Smile

And there for i will put health and character first rather then appearence...

Sierra

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Sun Mar 27 2011, 22:32

Ive voted no cause its only a stafford for me, I want mine to live with me and be in the home and although I have the land Ive not got a huge house so the staffy is the largest dog I would have.
I have to say they look stunning animals but the thoughts of them getting into the wrong hands being overbred ect then I would rather they stay banned I think you need to be a special person to own a marvelous breed like this one and we would just get the local yobs who will exploit the natural traits of the dog Smile
gem
gem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Aniemother Mon Mar 28 2011, 12:00

They're too big for me. We travel quite a bit, and the pets almost always go with us.. I just can't imagine myself hopping on a bus with two cats, a pug, a staffie and a dogo... rolling on the floor
Aniemother
Aniemother

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Gaffa (SBT), Strips (BC) and Terex (AK)
Support total : 22

http://wrigglebutts.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down