lying down when playing

Go down

lying down when playing Empty lying down when playing

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23 2011, 08:43

When we take Billy to the woods and he is playing with his mates, after a short while, he just stops playing and drops to the floor then after a couple of mins he gets up again to play. This happens a couple of times, and also when we are on the way back home from the woods he looks like he is having a rest. Also he has stared to sleep for a long time during the day and early evening.

Just wondering if there is anything wrong with him that we should be concerned about, or are we doing too much exercise with him.

Smile

Back to top Go down

lying down when playing Empty Re: lying down when playing

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23 2011, 11:50

It could be the exercise, or even the fact that the weather's warming up a biy now & he's feeling the heat.

However, whilst I don't want to worry you (that's bound to make you worry - sorry!) a dog with a heart murmur can also act like that.

If it would put your mind at rest, ask your vet for a health check - heart, lungs etc. I'm sure it'll all come back as normal, but at least you'll know!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23 2011, 12:53

thank you caryll - not worrying at all nail biting

I think a vet check is best

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Mar 23 2011, 15:08

Moo does it when we're playing, I'll throw the stick for her for ages and then she'll just decide she's too hot and lies in the shade for a min and then just comes back as soon as I sit down. I really wouldn't worry but asking the vet will out your mind at ease.
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23 2011, 23:05

Blue does the exact same a Moo.
Let us know how he gets on, but like Caryll said maybe it's just because it has got allot warmer in the last week or so and short haired dogs seem to be effected more by this

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 23 2011, 23:10

Aww if i was running round like a loon for ages i'd want rest too haha! .. like said above could be the heat, my last staffy always got slower n had less energy in the heat .. vinnie also gets a lil slower in the heat but he has so much energy ya barely notice lol.
But for peace of mind a vet check may help you get that, i bet his in tip top condition but i no how it feels when ya get a worry in ya head and it constantly plays on ya mind haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24 2011, 08:54

I have been reading on the internet about heart murmers and he does have a cough of sorts, it's as though he is trying to clear his throat, like a fur ball has got stuck, and that is one of the symptons.
I think we should take him to the vet, do you know if this will be covered under the insurance, as this could become expensive if he has got something wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24 2011, 11:09

As long as you've had the insurance for more than 2 weeks you should be fine.

Don't assume, though, that a cough means a heart murmur - Dempsey occasionally 'clears his throat' & his heart's fine. I think sometimes they get a touch of hay fever! This is the time of year for it to start!

It's always a good thing, though, to have the occasional 'well dog' check up at the vets. It means that he'll be handled by the vet when he feels well & without (hopefully) any needles sticking in him!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24 2011, 11:32

thanks caryll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down