Raw Meat and Diet for my 11 Month old bitch

4 posters

Go down

Raw Meat and Diet for my 11 Month old bitch Empty Raw Meat and Diet for my 11 Month old bitch

Post by chrissy white85 Tue May 14 2013, 14:52

hi guys just a quick one

i have a 11 month old bitch called bella

she will eat alomost anything and when we got her she was under weight an not nurished as she was the runt of the litter.

she is bang on now though she is the righ weight really healthy and a great dog. I know females do not grow as big as males but just want her to get a little more muscular nothing silly. She seems t have a thick skin where as my brother 7 year old male is solid and you couldnt pinch and inch on him where as bella you can grab her coat still is this just puppy fat?

she is being fed on asda hero tinned food, crap i know but we just kept on that since trying to build her up, and she also has 3 weetabix in the morning. i wan to start feeding her RED raw meat but which meat?? also what kind of kibble should i get if any and is tripe good??? I need advice to get her off this tinned process trash lol

i also give her a few raw eggs a week and olive oil once a week and veg nearly every other day

ALL YOUR ADVICE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Thanks guys (sorry i rambled) Big Grin

chrissy white85
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Raw Meat and Diet for my 11 Month old bitch Empty Re: Raw Meat and Diet for my 11 Month old bitch

Post by Guest Tue May 14 2013, 15:05

Bella is still growing so she will have loose skin. There are a few people on here that feed raw diet. Here is a link Big Grin

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t14787-raw-diet?highlight=raw+diet

Back to top Go down

Raw Meat and Diet for my 11 Month old bitch Empty Re: Raw Meat and Diet for my 11 Month old bitch

Post by chrissy white85 Tue May 14 2013, 15:16

thanks for the info i will have a read now, you may know what mean if you look at bella in the pic she doesnt look defined if that the right word lol

chrissy white85

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14 2013, 15:21

She is at the 'puppy fat Laughing ) stage. Some dog's don't muscle up until 18-24 months, it is also down to the individual dog Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by KarlyandDoug Tue May 14 2013, 15:24

A raw diet is good but be prepared that this can SOMETIMES in certain dogs lead to them killing and eating squirrels and other small furries! Our previous dog was fed raw when we got her so just carried this on but she had a habit of chasing and eating animals Surprised A friends dogs have the same habit. Think it maybe due to the animal instinct and the raw smell not sure but I definitely think it's the raw diet that does it!
KarlyandDoug
KarlyandDoug
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Doug
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 14 2013, 15:26

She's still young so still has time to build up her muscles. You can feed any kind of raw meat, but keep in mind that it isn't the food that gives her muscles, exercise is the main thing for that. She's young though, so you don't want to overdo her exercise, she's still growing yet Smile here's a list of dry foods that are good quality:

http://staffy-bull-terrier.com/dry_food

I feed Loki Wainwrights, which isn't on the list, but is a decent quality food at a good price, and we've never had any issues on it, he's been on it since the breeder weaned him onto it Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissy white85 Tue May 14 2013, 15:38

thanks guys this is really helpfull

chrissy white85

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Tue May 14 2013, 15:57

KarlyandDoug wrote:A raw diet is good but be prepared that this can SOMETIMES in certain dogs lead to them killing and eating squirrels and other small furries! Our previous dog was fed raw when we got her so just carried this on but she had a habit of chasing and eating animals Surprised A friends dogs have the same habit. Think it maybe due to the animal instinct and the raw smell not sure but I definitely think it's the raw diet that does it!

I don't agree with this, some dogs just have a higher prey drive than others. We have 4 dogs on raw (3 staffords and one chihuahua x JRT) and only one of them loves to chase small furries. It is really more down to the individual dog they don't actually associate meat with animals. Otherwise I would be constantly losing chickens!
Nosipho
Nosipho
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ticklymac Tue May 14 2013, 16:55

Totally agree with Nosipho its all to do with a dogs prey drive, Diesel chased rabbits before she was on raw an am sure if she'd ever caught one she woulda munched it!
I used Wainwrights from p@h before movin to raw so i'd defo reccomend it. I fed the dry with sum of the trays of meat mixed in.
Also u need to watch feedin raw with dry food as they take different times to digest. Think some ppl do dry in the mornin, raw in the evenin but not too sure
Ticklymac
Ticklymac

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel + Leroy
Dog(s) Ages : 17mnths - bout 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ male
Support total : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down