Your opinion on...

+3
Nathan
Jackieb
janey
7 posters

Go down

Your opinion on... Empty Your opinion on...

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 21:41

Staffy harnesses! I brought one for my girl today, I was actually only hunting for one because the one she had before used to rub a big line above her white patch. I've never been a big fan of the leather harnesses but my mom said she thought she was too strong for a material one after holding her at the open day. I was thinking about buying her an Ezy dog one, since everyone says they're great but we ended up buying this today. We tried it on in the shop, mom fell in love with it and said I should buy it - obviously the shop owners said she looked great and that I should buy it too, I brought it - mainly due to peer pressure Laughing but I'm not convinced. I'm not sure if it's because I'm not used to her being in one, or if it's because I'm just not keen on it. If I can't get used to it I'm going to sell it since I still have her old one for the mean time. So yeah, what are your opinions on these types of harnesses? Be as brutally honest as you wish Laughing Big Grin

Your opinion on... Image_zps00937a06

Back to top Go down

Your opinion on... Empty Re: Your opinion on...

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 21:42

Looks very smart Big Grin

not my cup of tea neither are the ezydog ones, so i wouldn't buy either Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 21:44

Haha thanks Ella! What do you walk your dogs on? Just collars or? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 21:47

Looks fab on him! I have one too, but i think that it is a little stiff so i don't really use it much, plus it is a bloody nightmare to get on and im a lazy git.

Last edited by Hayley on Sat Apr 27 2013, 21:52; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Sat Apr 27 2013, 21:48

Sorry not my cuppa either and I have never really used one myself so can't recommend Xx
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 21:48

I love them, Logan has one. But it rubbed a bit against him and thinned his hair out. They are good for saving their throats/necks.

I just walk on a collar these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 21:53

MatLogan wrote:I love them, Logan has one. But it rubbed a bit against him and thinned his hair out. They are good for saving their throats/necks.

I just walk on a collar these days.

Yeah, her old harness just used to flop all over the place when she was running and it did used to choke her if she used to pull (if a dog was walking in front).

Hayley wrote:Looks fab on him! I have one too, but i think that it is a little stiff so i don't really use it much, plus it is a bloody nightmare to get on and im a lexy git.

Thank you Hayley! I'm just scared about how it looks really Laughing I don't want my little girl to look mean! What do you walk them on when you're not walking them on that harness? I agree they are a lot of trouble getting on and off Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Sat Apr 27 2013, 21:54

Looks good on her but I'm not a fan of the leather ones as they can be tough and rub (especially when ur dogs hot)

I use a harness from elperro.co.uk

X
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 21:55

CodlingKid wrote:Haha thanks Ella! What do you walk your dogs on? Just collars or? Smile

yes and no, i use strong stuff collars, and i have really old worn out harnesses, but will be getting this harness Smile

http://www.elperro.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=37&product_id=119

oh and everything has to be yellow Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 21:59

Jackieb wrote:Looks good on her but I'm not a fan of the leather ones as they can be tough and rub (especially when ur dogs hot)

X

Thank you so much Jackieb! I'll definitely check them out, I've seen the harnesses in your pictures and they do look mighty sturdy Smile x

ella wrote:
yes and no, i use strong stuff collars, and i have really old worn out harnesses, but will be getting this harness Smile

Thank you Ella, yellow is a good colour Big Grin It's the same harness as Jackieb Big Grin I probably should've asked this before I brought the harness Blushing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 22:01

CodlingKid wrote:
Jackieb wrote:Looks good on her but I'm not a fan of the leather ones as they can be tough and rub (especially when ur dogs hot)

X

Thank you so much Jackieb! I'll definitely check them out, I've seen the harnesses in your pictures and they do look mighty sturdy Smile x

ella wrote:

Thank you Ella, yellow is a good colour Big Grin It's the same harness as Jackieb Big Grin I probably should've asked this before I brought the harness Blushing

Well Ebony looks great in her harness anyway Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 22:04

ella wrote: Well Ebony looks great in her harness anyway Big Grin

Blushing thank you Big Grin Blushing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 27 2013, 22:09

I love the one jackieb uses from elperro I may invest in one was darcy is older Smile darcy has a black leather one but I prefer the ezydog one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sat Apr 27 2013, 22:13

Looks like a nice fit which is important, also looks to give a nice distribution of pressure. Both mine pull like mad which is what dad was breed to do so rather than combat it i found the julius k9 was a good compromise with a large chest strap spreading the load.
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Mandz Sun Apr 28 2013, 09:25

She looks quite proud wearing it!
Mandz
Mandz
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Your opinion on... Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Frankie
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28 2013, 09:41

It looks nice. I've always used a no pull one like it looks you have on in your avatar or a ruffwear backpack/harness

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28 2013, 10:45

she looks fine in it and certainly doesn't look mean Smile TBH though I'm just not a fan of the leather ones and do prefer my Ezydog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Apr 28 2013, 11:09

Rocky has the Ezydog harness and collar, you may have seen the picture of him in his new gear in the gallery. He can be a bit of a puller on the lead but since we got him this collar I tend to clip his lead to it more often now, this being a slightly wider collar than most it doesn't put so much strain on his neck as a narrow one would.

You may want to try a canny collar or something similar on Ebony and see how you get on with that for a while, some on lead training never goes to waste. If she has a wide enough collar why not try walking her on that for a while and give the harness a rest.

We are using Rocky harness less now on walks but he still wears it as it is needed for when he has his long line attached and the seat belt clip in the car going to and from the parks.

I'm with Dave on the leather harnesses here, I'm just not a huge fan of them either and prefer the EzyDog one, we are all different though hey.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by pag Sun Apr 28 2013, 11:15

It looks nice and snug, better than the one in the avatar, which looks too loose on her. Molly wears a harness pink and made of webbing, washable to which is a good thing thumbs up
pag
pag

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Molly
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : bitch
Support total : 102

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 28 2013, 15:35

Thanks for all the great answers everyone! I honestly wasn't keen on it but she's honestly like a different dog on the lead now Surprised ! She's not a puller at all unless she see's birds, people running or anything moving she'd jolt to the end of her extendable lead and it'd end up rubbing her a bald spot above her chest, in her new harness she's so calm! I can't believe it! I think it's because it actually feels like she's wearing something where as before her old harness was actually sized for a Labrador! It fitted her stomach and everything and was a nice fit on the lead but off lead it'd just flop all over the place and look a mess basically!

She seems a lot happier running about in her new harness though and she really seems to enjoy walking on it too; there's such a difference in her so even though I'm not sure on how it looks, I do think I'll keep it for her for now since it's a lot safer than her old one and she really seems a lot free her/happier in herself!

In the mean time I might invest in looking at some collars like Kathy mentioned and some different types of harnesses as she's such a funny dog to size up and what not no harnesses we've ever tried on her have fitted 100% right like this one has! Thanks for taking the time to answer Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by RichieSBT Sun Apr 28 2013, 17:50

she looks nice though ive never really been a fan of the leather harnesses
I use an ezydog harness just because it fits well, goes on easily, is hard wearing and doesnt rub much.

i only ever attatch the lead to bucks harness so the harness is purely for walking/practicality. not too fussed on what it looks like.

his collar however is pretty much just for nice looks/decoration :p and identfication of course
RichieSBT
RichieSBT
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Buck
Dog(s) Ages : 14/12/2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

https://www.facebook.com/richie.craggs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down