Sazzle
otisthestafford
Kathy
janey
Steve
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Very excited - puppies due in 2 weeks! Empty Very excited - puppies due in 2 weeks!

Post by barnesation Mon Apr 15 2013, 19:58

Hi all,

Our beautiful bitch (Ruby) is due her first litter in just 2 weeks so we have been busy with whelping boxes, puppy pens, heat mats, cute puppy collers and lots of reading up on what to expect and what to do!

Would love to hear from anyone who has bred before with any advice on the labour itself. We have Dopram V, iodine, surgical scissors, swabs, towels, latex gloves, emergancy vet call out details and the video camera all ready to go! But any advice or tips appreciated.

Will post some pics once the pups are born Smile

Many thanks,

Sarah
barnesation
barnesation
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Ashton & Ruby
Dog(s) Ages : 5 & 4
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 0

https://www.facebook.com/barnesation

Back to top Go down

Very excited - puppies due in 2 weeks! Empty Re: Very excited - puppies due in 2 weeks!

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15 2013, 20:04

Welcome Big Grin I can't give you any advice because I don't know anything about it, but I hope it all goes smoothly Smile

Back to top Go down

Very excited - puppies due in 2 weeks! Empty Re: Very excited - puppies due in 2 weeks!

Post by Steve Mon Apr 15 2013, 20:05

cant wait to see some pup Smile

Steve
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15 2013, 20:06

Looking forward to pics Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Apr 15 2013, 20:07

Hiya from us, can't help as I rescue but good luck Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Apr 15 2013, 20:07

Hi & Very excited - puppies due in 2 weeks! Welcome

Welcome to the staffordshire bull terrier niceboard. We are pleased you have decided to join us, and hope you enjoy your stay. We hope to see plenty of pictures of your staffordshire bull terriers or any other breed you may have in your household Smile

If you would like to enter your dog(s), puppy(s) or another pet(s) you may have into our Monthly Competition, voting starts on the 20th of every month, if you are lucky your dog maybe placed on our Hall Of Fame page on our website.

Just one last thing before you look around could you please just have a quick look At This Poll, we would love to know how you found us.

Here are some links that will get you started with the website:-

Very excited - puppies due in 2 weeks! Icon_arrow Please read the Forum Rules before you start posting.
Very excited - puppies due in 2 weeks! Icon_arrow Here are a List of Tutorial & FAQs that will help you around the forum.
Very excited - puppies due in 2 weeks! Icon_arrow You can ask for Help here if you are having trouble doing something on the forum.
Very excited - puppies due in 2 weeks! Icon_arrow How to update your Profile information
Very excited - puppies due in 2 weeks! Icon_arrow If you have any ideas to improve the forum please let us know Your Feedback Here.
Very excited - puppies due in 2 weeks! Icon_arrow We have a Website with alot of information if you would like to view it.
Very excited - puppies due in 2 weeks! Icon_arrow Make a Donation to help us to keep improving our forum and website.
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15 2013, 20:11

Hi & welcome.

Was this a planned litter?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15 2013, 20:14

Can't help but I'm sure another member who can will be along soon, good luck Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Apr 15 2013, 20:20

Hi and welcome to the forum from Rocky and me.

Sorry cannot advize as I rescue too, good luck with it all, dont forget to charge the camera
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by barnesation Mon Apr 15 2013, 20:35

Caryll wrote:Hi & welcome.

Hi,

Yes, this was a planned litter.

Both of our dogs our KC registered and have excellent temperments. Ruby's dad (CH Penshannel Wicked William) recently 'retired' from stud, and with Ruby now 3 years old and Ashton 4, this was an oppurtunity for us to continue the bloodline, and something we have always wanted to do.

So very excited, although a few nerves!

Sarah x
barnesation
barnesation

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by barnesation Mon Apr 15 2013, 20:38

Kathy wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum from Rocky and me.

Sorry cannot advize as I rescue too, good luck with it all, dont forget to charge the camera

Thanks for the tip! lol. Yes, the camera is plugged in so it is always fully charged, and we have a spare ready too! Smile
barnesation
barnesation

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by barnesation Mon Apr 15 2013, 20:41

Thank you to everyone who has wished me luck and welcomed me to the forum, I couldnt believe how many of you left me messages so quickly! Impressive!

I look forward to sharing some lovely puppy pictures with you all soon Smile
barnesation
barnesation

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15 2013, 20:41

barnescourtbreeders wrote:

Hi,

Both of our dogs our KC registered and have excellent temperments. Ruby's dad (CH Penshannel Wicked William) recently 'retired' from stud, and with Ruby now 3 years old and Ashton 4, this was an oppurtunity for us to continue the bloodline, and something we have always wanted to do.

Sarah x

Very exciting! (I take it they are both health tested against the hereditary diseases?)

Hope everything goes well for you - I bet you're biting your nails down to the quick! Laughing It'll be lovely to see some photos & get news of the pupsters when they're born!

Back to top Go down

Post by barnesation Mon Apr 15 2013, 20:49

Caryll wrote:
barnescourtbreeders wrote:

Hi,

Sarah x

Very exciting! (I take it they are both health tested against the hereditary diseases?)

Hope everything goes well for you - I bet you're biting your nails down to the quick! Laughing It'll be lovely to see some photos & get news of the pupsters when they're born!

Yes, they were both clear by their parents, and have also been DNA tested, and they both had a general health check by our vet prior to breeding too.

I will be posting lots of puppy pictures on their facebook page, so I shall make sure I put them on here too with updates! I'll be very proud I can tell you!
barnesation
barnesation

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15 2013, 20:51

Any ideas on names etc yet, or will you just see what they look like first?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15 2013, 20:52

sounds great and waiting for those puppy pics ................. we know wher e you live >Smile

Welcome to the forum from me and the kids Big Grin

So have you got a waiting list yet Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by otisthestafford Mon Apr 15 2013, 21:20

Awww very exciting Smile I hope everything goes well and cannot wait to see pictures Smile
otisthestafford
otisthestafford

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Otis
Dog(s) Ages : 22.09.2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 294

Back to top Go down

Post by barnesation Mon Apr 15 2013, 21:33

Dave wrote:sounds great and waiting for those puppy pics ................. we know wher e you live >Smile

Welcome to the forum from me and the kids Big Grin

So have you got a waiting list yet Smile

Trust me, I'll be wanting to show off the little pups so yourll get plenty of pics! Smile

As for the waiting list, yes, we have only just started taking names though as it was only confirmed 2 weeks ago that Ruby was pregnant.

Thanks to you nd the kids! Smile
barnesation
barnesation

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by barnesation Mon Apr 15 2013, 21:37

Caryll wrote:Any ideas on names etc yet, or will you just see what they look like first?

KC names, yes, but as for 'pet' names, I think we will call them by their puppy collar colour (i.e. miss pink, mr black) until their new owners have a name for them, and then we will use that. I thought that was nice when we brought Ruby as they called her that from just a week old as it was the name we had chosen for her.

barnesation
barnesation

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Mon Apr 15 2013, 21:44

Hi and welcome from me and Daisy
Exciting Big Grin Can't wait for the pics, hope everything goes well
Sazzle
Sazzle
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Daisy
Dog(s) Ages : 3 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Mon Apr 15 2013, 22:10

get lots of sleep in now lol your gonna need it, the guy I got marley from looked like a zombie as he sat up with the pups almost all night with the heating up full and fussing around them cleaning up poo and pee etc

Personally I couldnt bread as Id have a house full of dogs lol, I used to breed rats and found myself keeping the odd litter Blushing not something you could do with dogs. Looking forward to pics
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16 2013, 10:18

How cute, love to see puppies Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by barnesation Tue Apr 16 2013, 10:59

I know it is going to be hard when the time comes for them to go to their new homes. But we will make sure they all have really good homes to go to and it will be nice to see them starting their new lives. We have drawn up agreements for the new owners to sign though and they include us having, as a minimum, a 6 monthly update with photo for the first 2 years. This is so we can see how the puppies do etc, whats good, perhaps whats not, and also makes it easier when they go for me!

As for getting plenty of sleep now, I will try! I keep having sleepless nights though thinking about the birth! lol. I am fortunete though because my husband will be just as involved as me with the pups, and my mother-in-law is coming over mon-fri to walk the adults and then spent an hour or so with the pups, and my brother has offered to come over and puppy sit a few evenings, so it wont be just me 24/7. Me & my husband have also booked quite a bit of time off work, so we are as prepared as we can be! I shall do a massive tesco shop next week though so I am well stocked up for a while!! Smile
barnesation
barnesation

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16 2013, 13:39

Have you thought about joining the KC's Approved Breeders Scheme?

There's a fair bit involved, and your facilities have to be inspected, but it's starting to carry weight now.

Back to top Go down

Post by BoroGTI Tue Apr 16 2013, 14:27

No advice from me, but the best of luck to ya Smile

BoroGTI
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Digby and Matchli
Dog(s) Ages : Both 6 months
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female

Back to top Go down

Post by barnesation Tue Apr 16 2013, 15:05

Caryll wrote:Have you thought about joining the KC's Approved Breeders Scheme?

There's a fair bit involved, and your facilities have to be inspected, but it's starting to carry weight now.

Hi Caryll,

Yes, we did look into it, and we would have joined as I think it is a good idea and helps people know that you are responsible breeders. However, you have to have experience of breeding before, and although we have a couple of friends who breed who we have helped with, they obviously were not our own dogs. If, however, this litter goes well, and we decide we would like to breed again, then certainly at that stage we would join the scheme.

As for this litter, I am hoping that with the KC breeder name and all KC reg dogs, the health tests, full health records etc, it will help reasure people. I have also made a facebook page so potential buyers can see plenty of photos of the parents with kids / other dogs / other animals etc to help reassure them of their temperment, photos and further details on their pedigree, their parents etc, a bit about us, and in the 'notes' section I have put some information about the breed and the breed standard. I am also going to upload copies of their DNA certificates once the new copier / printer arrives! & once the pups are born I shall update it with regular photos and details on the pups and their progress. The idea is that once the puppies are sold, the new owners will also be able to link back with us and let us know how their puppy are doing.

You are welcome to have a look at the page on facebook, but I am not sure if I am llowed to post web addresses on the forum, so I'll have to check first! Smile

Thanks for the suggestion though Smile
barnesation
barnesation

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16 2013, 16:13

Sounds like it's all been planned well! Can't wait to see pics of the little'ns!

Back to top Go down

Post by barnesation Tue Apr 16 2013, 18:01

Planned as much as it can be I think! I don't think a lot of people realise just how much work and time is involved in breeding if you do it properly.

My bitch certainly seems a bit fatter and a bit tierder today! Bless her. She is currently sunbathing (on her back, all 4 legs straight in the air!) enjoying the sunshine coming through the windows! Its a dogs life!
barnesation
barnesation

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Apr 16 2013, 18:27

barnescourtbreeders wrote:Planned as much as it can be I think! I don't think a lot of people realise just how much work and time is involved in breeding if you do it properly.

I wish everyone thought with the same perspective Smile
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16 2013, 19:50

barnescourtbreeders wrote: She is currently sunbathing (on her back, all 4 legs straight in the air!) enjoying the sunshine coming through the windows! Its a dogs life!

Quite right, too! She needs all the sunshine she can get! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 16 2013, 19:54

hope it all goes well for you and pupsters Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by barnesation Thu Apr 18 2013, 14:59

Thank you Ella. Not long now, week today!
barnesation
barnesation

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Griffin5 Thu Apr 18 2013, 18:24

Awww your dogs are beautiful. Good luck with the birth Smile
Griffin5
Griffin5
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Very excited - puppies due in 2 weeks! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Charlie
Dog(s) Ages : 1yr 2mnths
Support total : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Gazagem Thu Apr 18 2013, 18:46

I haven't bred staffs but have bred gsds can't add much to what you have already done just good luck and look forward to the birth and playing noisy pups 8 weeks goes to quick although I kept in touch with some of my pups unfortunately one passed away last month at 13 years old (great age for gsds)
Gazagem
Gazagem

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Support total : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by barnesation Thu Apr 18 2013, 19:37

Hi Clare,

Thank you for your post. It was nice tto hear from someone who as bred before that I seem to have it covered! lol.

1 of my main concerns is missing the birth! We have been taking Ruby's temperature morning and night to see when it drops as this is upposed to be a good indication, and I know it is usually at night so it is dark and quiet, but everytime she has a dream (she sometimes makes noises in her sleep and her legs move, so she must be dreaming!) me and hubby jump out of bed and run downstairs as fast as we can, I'm in such a rush I dont put my lenses in or my glasses on, so its sheer luck I even get to the dogs den without incident cus I am blind as a bat! lol. Where your births all at night? Thanks very much.
barnesation
barnesation

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by barnesation Fri Apr 19 2013, 17:38

The pups are now due in just 6 days, and as I am sure you all know not a difinitive date, they could be a little earlier, or a little later! However, I thought I would update you all that she has started exhibiting signs that the day is nearing... her temp has dropped, she is nesting, she keeps staring at me, she has gone off her food a bit and the discharge has now been for a few days...I best go stock up of red bull! (for me, not the dog, just to be clear!!)
barnesation
barnesation

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 19 2013, 17:53

Ohhhh how exciting Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by barnesation Fri Apr 19 2013, 22:08

We can feel the kicks from the puppies getting stonger each day. If we sit and watch for a while now, we can even see the odd kick! The pup on her back right hand side is really going for it tonight! Big Grin
barnesation
barnesation

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Fri Apr 19 2013, 22:10

Oooooo, so exciting and nerveracking I bet!! Big Grin
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by barnesation Fri Apr 19 2013, 22:17

Yes, very of both! I keep refering to 'the book of the bitch' to make sure I knoww everything off by heart!
barnesation
barnesation

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Fri Apr 19 2013, 22:21

I'm sure it will be fine, feel excited for you Big Grin
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 19 2013, 22:21

Aww I bet seeing them move & kick about is amazing Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by barnesation Fri Apr 19 2013, 22:24

Thanks Sazzle and Hayley!

The first time we felt them kicking a few days ago it suddenly all seemed so real! Was very exciting!

I do wonder what Ashton thinks when he is snuggled all up with her and suddenly her belly kicks him! Laughing
barnesation
barnesation

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by barnesation Sat Apr 20 2013, 21:39

hey all, daily update! lol. Ruby has been quite tired today and has been nesting a bit, gone off her food this evening and her temperature has dropped a bit... looks like the pups are going to arrive on time!
barnesation
barnesation

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 20 2013, 22:20

Oooooh excited Big Grin can't wait to see pics, hope everything goes well. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by otisthestafford Sat Apr 20 2013, 23:17

Very exciting - I hope everything goes well and can't wait to here the news that they have arrived safely

Last edited by otisthestafford on Mon Apr 22 2013, 09:35; edited 1 time in total
otisthestafford
otisthestafford

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Otis
Dog(s) Ages : 22.09.2012
Support total : 294

Back to top Go down

Post by stella Sun Apr 21 2013, 13:01

good luck with every thing,hope all goes well,any news yet?
stella
stella
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : sasha
Dog(s) Ages : 15years RIP
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 1747

Back to top Go down

Post by Sazzle Sun Apr 21 2013, 17:46

Keep us posted on any progress Smile
Sazzle
Sazzle

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kc Mon Apr 22 2013, 05:37

How exciting!! I am very much looking forward to some puppy pictures!

I got our puppy a few months ago and just wanted to let you know that our breeder also had a facebook page. It was a great experience to be able to see all the pictures and ultrasounds ect, i literally stalked the page for the whole pregnancy/birth/pups growing. It was very nice to be able to feel like I was involved (even though i really wasn't) Good luck with everything Big Grin
kc
kc
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Very excited - puppies due in 2 weeks! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Duke
Dog(s) Ages : 07/01/2013
Support total : 57

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 22 2013, 09:16

Not long to go now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next