Sazzle
otisthestafford
Kathy
janey
Steve
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Very excited - puppies due in 2 weeks! - Page 2 Empty Very excited - puppies due in 2 weeks!

Post by barnesation Mon Apr 15 2013, 19:58

First topic message reminder :

Hi all,

Our beautiful bitch (Ruby) is due her first litter in just 2 weeks so we have been busy with whelping boxes, puppy pens, heat mats, cute puppy collers and lots of reading up on what to expect and what to do!

Would love to hear from anyone who has bred before with any advice on the labour itself. We have Dopram V, iodine, surgical scissors, swabs, towels, latex gloves, emergancy vet call out details and the video camera all ready to go! But any advice or tips appreciated.

Will post some pics once the pups are born Smile

Many thanks,

Sarah
barnesation
barnesation
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Ashton & Ruby
Dog(s) Ages : 5 & 4
Dog Gender(s) : Male & Female
Support total : 0

https://www.facebook.com/barnesation

Back to top Go down

Very excited - puppies due in 2 weeks! - Page 2 Empty Re: Very excited - puppies due in 2 weeks!

Post by Gazagem Mon Apr 22 2013, 16:06

barnescourtbreeders wrote:Hi Clare,

Thank you for your post. It was nice tto hear from someone who as bred before that I seem to have it covered! lol.

1 of my main concerns is missing the birth! We have been taking Ruby's temperature morning and night to see when it drops as this is upposed to be a good indication, and I know it is usually at night so it is dark and quiet, but everytime she has a dream (she sometimes makes noises in her sleep and her legs move, so she must be dreaming!) me and hubby jump out of bed and run downstairs as fast as we can, I'm in such a rush I dont put my lenses in or my glasses on, so its sheer luck I even get to the dogs den without incident cus I am blind as a bat! lol. Where your births all at night? Thanks very much.
Jade had her pups mainly from 2am she had 3 litters in all but I didn't see all the pups born most but not all and we did loose 1 pup that was still born
Enjoy watching the birth my oh said it was like watching his own kids being born
Gazagem
Gazagem
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 146

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2