3-peaks collar and lead

4 posters

Go down

3-peaks collar and lead Empty 3-peaks collar and lead

Post by stig Thu Apr 11 2013, 18:42

Yesterday I had to take Stigs collar off as it was getting tight and was on the last hole, so today I called at pets at home to buy him a new one. I'd seen a couple of brindles on here with green collars and I like the way it looks so I had a look at what they had. Didn't like any of the collars on display ad they were either leather with stubs or thin fabric ones, but as I walked to the freezers for some meat I saw a stand with 3-peaks products on it. They have Collars, leads and coats and it looks like it's good durable stuff. I got Stig the collar and matching lead and took him out to try them today.

Stig sometimes pulls a lot and I'm struggling to get him out of it, his old collar would dig into his neck and he'd be choking as he was pulling, and because of the way I hold the lead the strap would dig into my hand, was very uncomfortable on long walks. The new collar is well padded and wider so doesn't dig into his neck, he still pulls but doesn't make as much noise as he's doing so, and the lead has a well padded handle and a flexi part at the top, doesn't make the pulling any easier or give any more control but it is much more comfortable which is all I was really bothered about. There are a couple of issues but not really enough to put me off recomending them, the ring on the collar is quite thick and oddly shaped so it doesn't accomodate tI.D tags, so there is a tab that can be pulled out and you write on it, it's elasticated so then goes back into the rubber part of the collar, it may be that I'm q little heavy handed but I broke it off before I even wrote on it. The lead appears to also be good quality and has a strong quick release clasp, the only downside is it's a little long when walking down the street and is awkward to shorten by wrapping around your hand as the rubber flexi part is at the top of the lead near the loop. As I say they're minor problems and overall I'm happy with both, and the price was pretty reasonable too, paid £8 for the collar and £10 for the lead.

Will add pics but will take a while as I'm on phone.

stig
stig
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
3-peaks collar and lead Top_ra10

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Stig
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 12

Back to top Go down

3-peaks collar and lead Empty Re: 3-peaks collar and lead

Post by stig Thu Apr 11 2013, 18:49

3-peaks collar and lead 2013-04-11164326_zpsba7b680a
3-peaks collar and lead 2013-04-11164440_zpsf58d36da
3-peaks collar and lead 2013-04-11165428_zpsca4d7c3a
3-peaks collar and lead 2013-04-11165532_zpsd3b7d476
stig
stig

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Apr 11 2013, 19:44

I've just got Rocky the EzyDog collar in black which looks similar to the one you have there. I also have the EzyDog harness in red which looks good with the new collar.

I lost trust in the 3 Peaks collection of items after I got a lead, about a year ago, which had a long elasticated strip in the length of it. This lead lasted all of 5 minutes while out on a walk with Rocky.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11 2013, 20:15

Looks comfortable & strong, but I hate the flexi bit at the top of the lead!

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Thu Apr 11 2013, 20:51

Yeah I'm not liking the flex bit either, especially considering the length of the lead as I have to coil it up around my hand when near roads, wouldn't be so bad if it was at the other end and to be honest it doesn't make a great deal of diffference.

Kathy-what happened with yours did it actually break as in rocky got free from it? I hope this ones a bit better then as we walk along some very busy roads, it certainly looks well made but I guess I'll have to wait and see
stig
stig

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Apr 11 2013, 21:00

stig wrote:
Kathy-what happened with yours did it actually break as in rocky got free from it? I hope this ones a bit better then as we walk along some very busy roads, it certainly looks well made but I guess I'll have to wait and see

I just felt the elastic go free inside the lead, luckily I always carry a spare one in my pocket so just swapped it over before Rocky had realised what happened. Took it straight back to PAH for a refund.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by stig Thu Apr 11 2013, 21:06

Kathy wrote:
stig wrote:

I just felt the elastic go free inside the lead, luckily I always carry a spare one in my pocket so just swapped it over before Rocky had realised what happened. Took it straight back to PAH for a refund.

I don't think this one could do that as the flexi bit has the strap running through it, if the flex broke it would probably just give the lead a bit more slack. Also I looked for the Ezydog ones in our PAH today, they didn't have any which is why I ended up buying 3 peaks Sad Rocky's looks really smart I'd have liked one of those in green.
stig
stig

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Apr 11 2013, 21:11

No I don't think you're lead would do that, it's a different design so hopefully you will be OK with it, don't forget to let us know how you get on with it and of course some photo's
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Apr 12 2013, 10:45

Looks pretty good to me thumbs up

As said, the webbing of the lead runs through the flexi bit, so strength isnt really compromised ... though the webbing itself isnt really thick enough for my likeing (Max's webbing stuff is 5 ply, and I "know" its never going to fail under any circumstances Big Grin )
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12 2013, 10:51

Looks good and strong. I'm a big lover of flexi leads and training leads though. I like a lead to be as long as possible. Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 12 2013, 16:14

It's a little like darcy's ezydog collar which I love, so much so I bought the matching harness Big Grin looks luke a great set Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Fri Apr 19 2013, 23:23

Ledger had a 3 peaks collar originally and the ID tab bit broke really early and the reflective bits all split when he scratched so I ended up cutting them off, now have an ezydog collar which I've had no issues with and had even withstood its spins through the washing machine.

We do have a 3 peaks coat though which is excellent though and I just got a slip lead for agility which seems really good and only £7
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down