Stupid man in pub

5 posters

Go down

Stupid man in pub Empty Stupid man in pub

Post by Wirsty Wed Mar 13 2013, 20:50

I've just returned from a quiet drink in the pub. We often take Bunsen and train him on sitting quietly. He does really well and ignores people when we tell him to. He only comes to us when he is attention starved and dying for a hug!

Anyway, we ALWAYS keep him close and on his lead. There was this cute little jack Russell who came up to say hello to him but then it got snappy. They sniffed, tails always wagging, but there was a snappy bark, from the JR, not our dog. His owner calls him off and everything is fine. Untill he comes back. I think why on earth did he come back past us (there were other routes he could have taken), though the JR is off lead so maybe he was just following it, but his owner was quite a way behind his dog. So they sniff and sniff but the jJR gets snappy and they both are on their back legs pawing and woofing (I can't remember if Bunsen was woofing, though his bark is so loud I think I would remember). The owner arrived before this happened and I figured he would have taken his dog away by this point, pretty much figured that because its what I would have done. But he didn't. This snapping and play fighting carried on, but I know how these play fights can turn. Anyway, as our dog is on lead and his wasn't and they were scrapping, my husband asked the guy to take his dog away. He pretty much ignored him, then told him that his dog is only a puppy. Like it was some kind of disclaimer or a dig at our dogs behaviour? ( I don't really know what the pint of this statement was). He finally took his dog away (though it returned, then he called him back again) a group on the next table told us they thought he was wrong for having him off lead. Our dog could have easily snapped at him then he'd look like the bad one though he was on lead and we were sitting in a corner!

I'm really annoyed by this. I don't think we did anything wrong. We were just sitting there enjoying a drink and allowed his dog to say hi, once it all got a bit much we asked him to take him away. I don't really know what I'm posting this for, I'm just oping for a bit of insight either way.

If it helps, my husband was completely sober. (I however fell over on the way home! But I'm sure that's nothing to do with the one drink I had. Surely not?)

Sorry if I'm too wordy. I'm not good at being concise and probably want to let of some steam too.
Wirsty
Wirsty
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bunsen
Dog(s) Ages : 2
Dog Gender(s) : Boy
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Stupid man in pub Empty Re: Stupid man in pub

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13 2013, 20:52

I think you're totally right! The JR should've been on a lead whether it was a pup or not.

The owner's an idiot!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Mar 13 2013, 20:53

Wirsty wrote:
(I however fell over on the way home! But I'm sure that's nothing to do with the one drink I had. Surely not?)

Sorry that just made me laugh Laughing Totally of topic!
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13 2013, 20:55

janey wrote:
Wirsty wrote:
(I however fell over on the way home! But I'm sure that's nothing to do with the one drink I had. Surely not?)

Sorry that just made me laugh Laughing Totally of topic!

I missed that when I read it first time! rolling on the floor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Mar 13 2013, 20:58

From what I have read you have no reason to be annoyed at all. Your dog was on the lead, the other dog wasn't, the owner was not in control of his dog, you were in control of yours.

Sometimes owners of small dogs think they dont need any training, I dont understand this either.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Wed Mar 13 2013, 21:06

Some owners are plebs! Simple and think there a rule to them selfs!
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by Wirsty Wed Mar 13 2013, 21:08

Thanks you guys. It's what I thought, but I never want to assume I'm right. So it's really good to hear what you think.

Also off topic, my shoe fell off when I fell over and I scrapped my knee, shin and hand. I feel like an 8 year old (my husband also laughed at me, one drink!) Crying or Very sad Big Grin
Wirsty
Wirsty

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Wed Mar 13 2013, 21:09

Wirsty wrote:

Also off topic, my shoe fell off when I fell over and I scrapped my knee, shin and hand. I feel like an 8 year old (my husband also laughed at me, one drink!) Crying or Very sad Big Grin

Sorry..................... Laughing
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13 2013, 21:10

Don't worry about it, I'm always falling over & scraping my knees/hands/head.....and that's when I'm sober! Ask Eleanor!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 13 2013, 21:17

100% right but I would always fear the wrong reaction and take our dogs out , if you are in somewhere like a pub, cafe etc all dogs should always be on lead and a short one at that ...................end of

(the JRT owner was being a d1ck btw)

Back to top Go down

Post by Wirsty Wed Mar 13 2013, 21:32

janey wrote:
Wirsty wrote:

Sorry..................... Laughing

Ha ha ha! No need to apologise! It was funny!
Wirsty
Wirsty

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Wirsty Wed Mar 13 2013, 21:34

Dave wrote:100% right but I would always fear the wrong reaction and take our dogs out , if you are in somewhere like a pub, cafe etc all dogs should always be on lead and a short one at that ...................end of

I agree, it's a shame to have to leave early, but definitely preferable to avoid potentially unpleasant alternatives.
Wirsty
Wirsty

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Wirsty Wed Mar 13 2013, 21:36

Caryll wrote:Don't worry about it, I'm always falling over & scraping my knees/hands/head.....and that's when I'm sober! Ask Eleanor!

Same here! My neighbours are always hearing yelps and shouts from falling down (and UP) the stairs, banging my head etc... Straight Face
Wirsty
Wirsty

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Wed Mar 13 2013, 21:38

Dave wrote:if you are in somewhere like a pub, cafe etc all dogs should always be on lead and a short one at that ...................end of

absolutley, its not just dogs you have to be carefull about but some people dont like dogs off lead jumping up at them. you have to respect eveyones wishes in a place like that. personally id get annoyed too at a dog roaming free in a public place. your have to respect other people in a situation like that. not everyone is a dog lover and some have a fear of them so jrt owner was letting us all down while you did the right thing
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 14 2013, 19:42

I agree! I think any dog should be on a lead in a public place really, especially in a small pub! The man should've definitely taken his dog away when you asked politely too, people like that make me pretty mad too Laughing I think you handled it very well! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down