+3
Jackieb
janey
gingerknickers
7 posters

Go down

school runs Empty school runs

Post by gingerknickers Tue Mar 05 2013, 18:16

Now that Skye is allowed out I have been walking her to school as do many other parents with dogs. I pick her up and carry her on the school.grounds. however today my daughter's teacher told me that the head teacher asked her to let me know that I am not to take her onto school ground anymore. As many other parents do this I can ply assume its because Skye is a staffy which is ridiculous. I told the teacher its tough. I carry her she isn't doing any harm and if the head teacher has a problem she can speak to me herself! (i doubt this will happen as me and the headteacher don't get on haha) so I'm going to make a point of taking Skye to school every day. If other people can then why can't i?!
gingerknickers
gingerknickers
Loyal Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Skye
Dog(s) Ages : 5 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 10

Back to top Go down

school runs Empty Re: school runs

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05 2013, 18:21

It sounds like the head teacher is making it more of a personal issue. Logan goes everywhere with me, into shops and everything lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Mar 05 2013, 18:24

Personally I would make an appointment with the head!

janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by gingerknickers Tue Mar 05 2013, 18:31

Ive had 'issues' with her in the past and she's never available to see or speak to. She likes to hide behind other teachers but just to annoy her I will take Skye twice a day. There are a lot of staffys in the area around school , a lot with bad owners where u often see the poor dogs hanging from sticks in the air so I think she has just assumed Skye will be like that which is wrong. I am not willing to leave her tied up outside school gate, (she wouldn't be there when I got back) so she's gonna have to grow some balls and speak to me cos I'm not gonna stop taking her. Xx
gingerknickers
gingerknickers

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Tue Mar 05 2013, 18:33

At my kids school I take Tank everyday. All the kids smother him with love every morning.
Up until he was approx 4mths old I'd carry him in the playground.... The teachers swooned over him daily.

As a rule dogs aren't allowed on the premesis. Fair enough. But I make a point of being the last one to arrive so I kinda dart in with Tank in the playground.

Yea I get dissaproving looks from some parents but nothing but complume TS from teachers how well behaved he Is and walks beautifully.

I refuse to tie him up on the school gates.

I think so long as ur dog is under control abd u are mindful of kids/adults that dint like dogs then it's ok BUT also keep in mind that a playground isn't really fir dogs.
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by firefly26 Tue Mar 05 2013, 18:44

our school dont allow dogs on the school premesis, which is fair enough, so i dont take kaos on the school run unless kidz dads with me to wait by the gate outside... tho if your school does allow other dogs in thn i dont see why thy are singaling your dog out, i too would take him/her along with you and hope the head would spk to you,, thn give her hell!! lol
firefly26
firefly26
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : kaos
Dog(s) Ages : 14 wks 3days
Dog Gender(s) : lil man
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05 2013, 18:46

If other people are allowed to take their dogs onto school grounds, so should you be. The head teacher can't discriminate about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenc Tue Mar 05 2013, 18:52

I would take Skye in lunchtimes & breaks just to annoy her!!!

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

school runs B110
Jenc
Jenc
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by julespercules Tue Mar 05 2013, 21:05

i think its totally ridiculous that dogs are banned from playgrounds. As they arent at yours and you cant take your own i would just not listen either. At my school dogs are banned which is ridiculous
julespercules
julespercules
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
school runs Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : tash
Dog(s) Ages : 18 months
Dog Gender(s) : female
Support total : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05 2013, 21:10

To be honest, I don't think it's a bad idea if dogs are banned from a playground, providing it's all dogs and not just a select few that somebody doesn't like. Accidents do happen with dogs, and some children are very frightened by dogs as well. If a very friendly dog somehow got loose and started trying to rough play with a child, the child could be traumatised.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Tue Mar 05 2013, 21:10

The schools ban them due to health n safety.

They dont want pee n poop in the playgrounds, then a lil kid falls over in it ! The school would be sued.

Jackieb
Jackieb

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05 2013, 21:13

julespercules wrote:i think its totally ridiculous that dogs are banned from playgrounds. As they arent at yours and you cant take your own i would just not listen either. At my school dogs are banned which is ridiculous

It isn't ridiculous at all, I'm afraid. There will always be the stupid owner who has a nervous dog, or a dog that doesn't like children. Or there will be children that are scared of dogs. Or a dog will poo in the playground (and no matter how well you pick it up, the germs will still be there).

However, if they're allowing some dogs in, then they should allow all dogs in, no matter what breed, or whether the teachers like the owner or not!

Back to top Go down

Post by gingerknickers Tue Mar 05 2013, 21:17

If the head teacher states no dogs are allowed that's fine and I understand but its just the fact that others seem to be allowed yet I can't that's annoyed me. I can see the reasons why dogs aren't allowed and I respect that but it needs to be made clear to all parents and not selected ones so until that is the case I will continue to carry Skye (unless she gets to heavy in the meantime haha)
gingerknickers
gingerknickers

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05 2013, 21:17

Agreed. Especially with the threat of worms. Kids mess about in the dirt. If one of them puts his/her hand in some dog poop and touches their eyes, mouth, etc, they could get seriously ill.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05 2013, 21:18

gingerknickers wrote:If the head teacher states no dogs are allowed that's fine and I understand but its just the fact that others seem to be allowed yet I can't that's annoyed me. I can see the reasons why dogs aren't allowed and I respect that but it needs to be made clear to all parents and not selected ones so until that is the case I will continue to carry Skye (unless she gets to heavy in the meantime haha)

Completely agree with you. It isn't fair that you're singled out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Mar 05 2013, 21:18

Why not write a letter to the head asking if you could go into the school to do a presentation in front of the whole school pupils and teachers alike about how to look after and care for a dog. As many of the children may well have a pet at home and the instruction would be of immense benefit to them all. How could anyone refuse a free instructional lesson.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 05 2013, 21:19

gingerknickers wrote:If the head teacher states no dogs are allowed that's fine and I understand but its just the fact that others seem to be allowed yet I can't that's annoyed me. I can see the reasons why dogs aren't allowed and I respect that but it needs to be made clear to all parents and not selected ones so until that is the case I will continue to carry Skye (unless she gets to heavy in the meantime haha)

Oh, I can totally see your point! I honestly think that all dogs should be banned from all playgrounds, but it does need to be all dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down