Santa Runs

4 posters

Go down

Santa Runs Empty Santa Runs

Post by Mistys Mum Sat Dec 01 2018, 19:02

Well it's that time of year again. Last year Misty and I competed in our first ever Santa run in Staines. She was wonderfully behaved so we did as many as we could after that and had a great time!

They are held all around the country and most allow dogs on leads. We just stay at the back and take things at our own pace.

I've had this year's runs planned for months now! We started off with Staines run two weeks ago and last week was Eton. Tomorrow is the big one, Marlows Santa run. We did this one last year with 2500 runners and (I think) four thousand spectators. Marlow was the big one last year, they shut the whole town down for it and it's a huge deal with an amazing atmosphere! Steve Redgrave opened it last year. Misty always gets a lot of attention as she has a little Christmas tree coat she wears which everyone loves!!

Just wondered if any one else is doing their local (or not so local like us) Santa run this year?

Staffy-Bull-Terrier Online Community
Meet the forum staff - Who's Who
Please read the forum rules - Click Here.

Santa Runs B110
Mistys Mum
Mistys Mum
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Misty
Dog(s) Ages : 16 months
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 523

Back to top Go down

Santa Runs Empty Re: Santa Runs

Post by Jenc Sat Dec 01 2018, 20:52

Well done Emma & of course Misty Smile I think they had one down here the other week but I'm not a runner or a plodder I'm afraid Smile

Santa Runs B110
Jenc
Jenc

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Katy
Dog(s) Ages : 9/10/12
Support total : 884

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 02 2018, 07:50

Well done Misty (and Emma!). That's one heck of a lot for a dog to deal with, everyone here is very impressed!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nifty staffy Sun Dec 02 2018, 15:21

Well done Emma and Misty.
Would love to have that kind of thing here but I don’t run either.

I have taken Nifty on a couple of hikes lately and lots of comments on her fluorescent yellow coat !
It’s initially a safety thing to be seen, especially in the woods during hunting season but it seems to bring a smile to alot of people’s faces

Santa Runs B110
Nifty staffy
Nifty staffy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Nifty + Opium Black + Tigress
Dog(s) Ages : 15/04/2017 + 25/09/2018 + 02/05/2022
Support total : 310

Back to top Go down

Post by BedroomCzar Thu Dec 13 2018, 03:38

I don’t run either at 68 just managing the hooligans is at times energetic as I get and that is often a lot.  The only children I have is the four legged version. I think I over did “The Talk”  My hope for grandchildren is more or less on my son now.  Looking back maybe sharpening the knivesm mentioning how the girls were my life and how the crazy the VA said I was  a bit over the top.   I now have Molly and Zeus  lunging at the window along with them out in the yard chewing  on  the  remains  of a  slaughtered Holstein. It tend to keep prospective dates for my girls, down.  The mail man doesn’t even deliver.  Between my 2 and the couple on both sides.  He just drive through the neighborhood throwing mail and packages  into  yards.  Maybe it is just Trump’s streamlined Postal Service.  I also don’t over do Christmas. I found if I give the hoodlums anything to them it sets a precedence and tomorrow they will expect it again.  Molly will eat anything, but with Zeus whether he eats anything it is no indicator of whether or not he will ever eat it again.   Last week he just sniffed warm cashews, today  he was willing   to climb on my lap and take it from my mouth. I have buckets of treats he once loved.  But if I once gave him a treat, I better have something new today.  Understand these are handmade by a virgin in a magical kingdom, made of only wholesome, organic, kosher, No GMO,  High Omega 3, non fat,  ingrediants only moistened by her sweat and tears at $10 a pound.  He wants my burrito. His reasoning is if he doesn’t see me eating it, he sure ain’t.   Maybe I should I think I’d eat better.   The ding from the microwave effects him like Pavlov’s Dog.  He runs to my room and salivates all over my bed.  

But I do take them on hikes.  My main issue is hiking it is hiking back. I tend to underestimate my stamina. I once had to swim 6 mile dragging a floating 250 pound log. Now I am afraid I might fall into a puddle and no make it back.   The dogs have a custom made harness, what I need is yokes and a wagon.  The last time I put a leash and take both for a walk , every thing was fine for about 10 yards until  they saw a squirrel. They saw it, I didn’t. I  left my feet and they drug me head first through the brush.  Fortunately Poison Oak, and Poison Ivy was not in bloom.  I weigh 240 lbs.  Even with moist ground that’s a big drag.  I had welt on both wrist from where I had the leash looped, face cut up from the stickers, broke my glasses and looked like I looked like I went for the Heavyweight crown in a mud wresting pit.   But I suppose dragging my carcass from tree to tree did give them some exercise.  I did find away to shorten the duration and increase their cardio.   Maybe I should stick to my old regiment, go to Pet Store, buy them toys, give it to them box and all, them do 30 minutes of deep knee bend picking up the pieces, top of wth a Gatorade and a nap.
BedroomCzar
BedroomCzar
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Zeus and Molly
Dog(s) Ages : 5 and 7 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 0

https://www.northbeachpaws.org/

Back to top Go down