Baskerville ultra muzzle

4 posters

Go down

Baskerville ultra muzzle Empty Baskerville ultra muzzle

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24 2013, 15:55

Lola currently has a mikki muzzle (size 10, the one recommended for Staffs). It says on instructions that it shouldn't be used for strenuous exercise. I thought I would get a Baskerville ultra, anyone got an idea of what size? Her head is breed standard for a bitch. I think the ultra looks like the kindest muzzle. She needs it on when she is off lead at the beach as she has a dislike of certain dogs. Thanks Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Baskerville ultra muzzle Empty Re: Baskerville ultra muzzle

Post by janey Sun Feb 24 2013, 16:14

I can't help on the muzzle sorry, but I would keep her on a long line or flexi lead when out if she doesn't like other dogs for both your safety Smile
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24 2013, 16:17

The thing I would be worried about is, even if she is muzzled, if she's off lead she can still approach other dogs. She may not be able to bite, but they still can. If she runs over and the other dog gets annoyed, it won't know that the muzzle prevents her from biting, so it could still hurt her. She'd have no way of defending herself.

I think Janey's right - a long lead is a good idea. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24 2013, 16:21

Personally i would not let her totally off lead if she is bad with some dogs. Even though she is muzzled she may still iniciate a fight and a dog that would normally be okay with other dogs but will rise to the right may seriously injure her if shes not able to protect herself. I know you want a muzzle to make sure you protect others from your dog, but you need to protect your dog from others too.

As for the muzzle, sorry, i'm not help i only have a basket one and i believe it is also size 10.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24 2013, 16:23

We go on the beach a lot and a long line isn't suitable. She tends to behave with the muzzle on, it's as if she knows. Muzzled up she is ok as she just chases Lily as Lily usually has the ball! I don't personally like muzzles she only has it on off lead because she is unpredictable Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24 2013, 16:27

Thanks Hayley, its weird but some dogs just start barking at her as if they don't like her. Whereas if I'm out with Lily the same dog wouldn't bark or strain at it's lead. she is more submissive when she has the muzzle on Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24 2013, 16:38

Ella has good muzzles for Chase & Harvey, but I'm not sure which ones she uses. I think they're Baskervilles, but I don't know which one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24 2013, 17:19

I have a baskerville ultra for both my boys.

Harvey my staffy has size 4 and it's a snug fit, whereas my ambull has size 6 or which ever is the largest size.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kimb&MooMan Sun Feb 24 2013, 17:25

Max has a Baskerville ultra and he's a size 4, personally I prefer it to all other muzzles he's had, as he can pant a have a drink easily Smile
Kimb&MooMan
Kimb&MooMan
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Baskerville ultra muzzle Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : 5
Dog Gender(s) : Little man
Support total : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Wed Feb 27 2013, 10:52

Im going to get one of these for skibadee when we go on summer bbqs. She is fine 99 percebt of the time and just does her own thing. Its only id a particularly annoying dog winds her up she will have a little growl. Shes never just attaacked another dog but I worry! For a girly staff im thinking a size 3 xx max and harvey have quitw big heads so I think I shud go down a size
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Panda Wed Feb 27 2013, 12:03

Solly has a Brevettato size 5 wide fit, it is not a long muzzle more boxy, and is sold for boxer type dogs, is not tapered towards the nose, there is plenty of space to pant, take treats and drink water. Muzzle is made from plastic and the straps are leather. With small buckles at the neck and on top of head to get a comfy fit. Buying on line is not always the best way, especially if you want an exact fit, we spent days going around Pet shops to get something that was appropriate for Solly.
Panda
Panda
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Solomon
Dog(s) Ages : 3 years
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 58

Back to top Go down