Dog Seized !

+2
rebeccaleanne
racamoe
6 posters

Go down

Dog Seized ! Empty Dog Seized !

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10 2013, 19:55

A dog in my area, I've just learned as been seized. I was speaking to the owner a few months back. She was telling me about an incident with her dog. I can vouch for this lady. Her dog is walked and cared for. She doesnt allow him to roam....................
Any way, he got out, and ran into a neighbours house and apparently "attacked" the owners Bichoen. Surprised
The dog had no puncher wounds, the only injuries were his back legs kept giving in. The attacking dog was a very large Staffy X.
A very sad story for both parties. Mymum lives by this girl, she said you'd swear there was a "drugs bust". There were police cars x2, a vet, the council, and some other plain car with blue lights. This dog as been PTS Sad

Back to top Go down

Dog Seized ! Empty Re: Dog Seized !

Post by racamoe Sun Feb 10 2013, 20:01

What a very sad story Sad both owners must be heartbroken Sad
racamoe
racamoe
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Holly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10 2013, 20:02

Knee-jerk reaction again. Sad Have to hold the owner partly to blame, though, for allowing the dog to get out. Sad

Poor dog. RIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10 2013, 20:10

Yes, i agree. He was in the garden (shared) and the gate was left open. She's gutted. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by rebeccaleanne Sun Feb 10 2013, 20:13

poor dog and owners but yes agree as sad and awfull we all have to take extra measures to make sure they do not escape Sad
rebeccaleanne
rebeccaleanne

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Tyke
Dog(s) Ages : 4
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 293

Back to top Go down

Post by racamoe Sun Feb 10 2013, 20:13

We made the decision to clean all our back windows ourselves for this reason .. The window cleaner didn't always close the side gate properly and I was too worried Taz would one day get out and get knocked over. Didn't really go as far as thinking he could have attacked another dog , it's defo food for thought !
racamoe
racamoe

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Holly
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 126

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10 2013, 20:24

I hate when people get them pts because they are afraid of the negative comments. I don't see how killing your dog for attacking another dog is justified as more acceptable by society.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10 2013, 20:26

I just find it stange that a Big staffy x can attack a dog and there be no puncture wounds Sad It shouldnt of happened, but sadly it has, very very sad. Im going to try and see her 2morrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 04:24

Poor dog Sad accidents happen, and yeah there have to be consequences if another dog or a person gets hurt, but seems a bit extreme. Sad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 08:09

Jeez, horrid story. There was a young lad that apparently had two taken off him a few months back near where I live.

It's very unfortunate, accidents happen. Logan has a 7 foot+ fence and two gates in my garden. I'd die if he ever got out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 09:02

Just spoke to the owner. There was a complaint a few months back regarding her dog getting out and entering the ladys house, then attacking the dog. It turned out there were no injurys to the other dog, so she defended him. She was warned to keep him under control and not leave him out. She'd walk him daily, but would put him in the garden first thing. The Garden is a shared garden (between 4 flats). It's a council property and the gate is broken. She reported the gate. It got repaired. On two other occassions, the gate had been opened allowing him to get out. Her dog hasnt attacked any one, but people in the street kept complaining. Apparently there was also Pertion (cant spell) asking for the dog to be removed.
She's not well liked in the area, due to her background. Which she feels is why 2 people in particular targeted her and her dog.
I do feel though that something must of happened as they dont seize and destroy a dog for no reason.
She said she knows she should of done more to secure the garden, but he'd just jump the wall.
The only thing i can agree on her with is he WAS NOT Agressive.
I've lived up here all my life, and roaming dogs is a big problem. It's sad that it takes something like this for people to take notice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 09:36

She was not targeted, in my opinion she was an irresponsible owner. If she knew he got out of the garden then she should not have been letting him out in the garden on his own, simples.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 09:38

Hayley wrote:She was not targeted, in my opinion she was an irresponsible owner. If she knew he got out of the garden then she should not have been letting him out in the garden on his own, simples.
I agree Hayley, those are her words. She felt targeted. She should of done more after the 1st warning. Her dopg shouldn't of been getting out. Just sad that she allowed this to happen Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 09:44

It's terrible she should have taken more care, I think a warning would have been enough not pts for the dog.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 10:09

Chiara wrote:It's terrible she should have taken more care, I think a warning would have been enough not pts for the dog.
There were two women aparently who kept on. One of them was the lady who's house the dog went into, the other was a lady living opposite, and funnily, she has a staffy x who stands on the garden wall Surprised
They dont get on very well, so she felt they were targeting her. All i can say is that a big lesson as been learned. Lets hope the other owners on this estate who signed this form stop their dogs roaming too.
She could of done alot more to stop this happening. I feel i need to speak up tho. I do feel there's one rule for 1 and another rule for others.
Do you remember one of my posts way back about kenny and the big mastiff x. Kenny was only 3 months old, and he was agressive towards Ken. I reported it, and yes, this dog still roams. Police have spoken to the owner, they've warned him. Yet he's still roaming. I dont think the Police are taking complaints seriouly.
Another time. me and a few other people at a bus stop on this estate were pinned against a wall by a pit. We made a 999 call, nobody came. That dog went on to kill another, but the owner was clever and moved it on before the police were called.
And the worst story of them all. There was a small pack of dogs roaming, all owned by the pit owner, they actually killed a pregnant bitch, in her garden. Again, they were moved on. This estate is rife with trouble and dogs. What i should do is take my camara, and give the pics to the local rag.
Yes, i do feel a little for this lady, but she only has her self to blame. I think why Im angry is I know people have got away with alot more with their dogs.
My mothers dog never goes out unless walked. One morning she woke to find him missing. The front door was open, and no sign of Romeo. She panicked, thought there'd been a break in. They went out looking, no sign of him. When they got home, he was laying by the front door. He had some nasty wounds. It turned out he was attacked by that Mastiff x. The problem up here is people wont "grass on their own".
As for my mothers door, she forgot to lock up, it turned out Romeo can open the front door Surprised . He's a clever boy. When he wants his walk, he stands by the door and paws the handle. So the door is kept locked now. Sorry for going on, but feel angry that another dog has lost his life, all for the stupidity of its owner. angry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 12:14

Irresponsible but still seems like an exaggeration to put the dog to sleep. Shame though Sad. All the dogs on our street are let out on their own and one JRT is walked without a lead, but they've never had any problems, thankfully. Crazy though, I'd never feel safe with that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 12:45

You are right sometimes if your face doesn't fit there is one rule for you and one for others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drucil Mon Feb 11 2013, 12:57

Crikey I am thankfull I live in Cornwall, most people down here dont have a problem with Staffs in fact I would go to say a lot of older people have them and the couple of young lads I know personally who have them are very responsible owners not like some who have Staffs to look hard. As always its the dog that has to suffer, perhaps we should PTS the irrisp[onsible owners instead lol
Drucil
Drucil
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Millie and Loki
Dog(s) Ages : 13yrs and 6mths
Dog Gender(s) : female and male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony n Jane Mon Feb 11 2013, 14:28

How sad. It makes you think though, My Ella has ran into a neighbors house before now wagging her tail and trying to greet the owners with a big smile and just wanting to say hello but if they got scared or she chased their cat or something it could all end really bad. You would never thing something so innocent could lead to something so tragic! Sad
Tony n Jane
Tony n Jane
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Dog Seized ! Top_ra10

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Ella
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and half
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 54

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Feb 11 2013, 14:35

I bet the vet report on the dog that was attacked was an interesting read thinking If it does exist that is.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by buddy boy Mon Feb 11 2013, 21:22

I agree with Kenny D well said, and most of the points others have made Big Grin
buddy boy
buddy boy

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and 1 years
Dog Gender(s) : 2 dogs 1 bitch
Support total : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 21:39

I saw her mate earlier, she's still very upset. She said that apart from the complaints, her dog was identified as a "Pit Bull". This is why he was PTS !!!
To decide this, there was a vet, police, dog warden and some1 from the council. She said they came, couldnt decide if it was a pit or not, then came back in force. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 11 2013, 21:42

Kathy wrote:I bet the vet report on the dog that was attacked was an interesting read thinking If it does exist that is.
I'd like to see that too. This dog is still alive, there were no wounds, only this ladys word. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Feb 12 2013, 17:01

kenny d wrote:
Any way, he got out, and ran into a neighbours house and apparently "attacked" the owners Bichoen.

Just a side thought on this one,

If the ladys dog was able to get into the house of the other, could the Bichon not have got out too ??

Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down