advice

Go down

advice Empty advice

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13 2013, 18:19

Hi All, Havent been on for a while, but would appreciate some advice. Vinnie is now 17 months old and last week my brother came by with his beagle bitch, she has been spayed. Vinnie was trying to mount her and was getting a little aggresive and very sulky and stressed when she went. I know the vets would advise to have him done but I am a bit of a "dont meddle with nature" type of person. If it is going to change his temperment by him getting frustrated then I would obviously do whats best for Vinnie, but if it is maybe an adolescent stage then I will ride the storm!! any advice would be so helpful. Surprised

Back to top Go down

advice Empty Re: advice

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13 2013, 18:29

Great to hear from you again!

If the bitch has been spayed then the mounting/humping isn't sexual so won't be affected by castration.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13 2013, 18:36

Hi Caryll, thanks no I think maybe it was a dominance thing perhaps, and any other advice you have will be appreciated. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark Sun Jan 13 2013, 18:51

it is a dominance thing our bitch mounts the male on a daily basis Smile
Mark
Mark
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Miley and Dylan
Dog(s) Ages : 2 and a half and 2
Dog Gender(s) : female/ Male
Support total : 464

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13 2013, 19:35

The only thing you can do, really, is step in every time it happens with a firm "no" or even "leave" - if necessary pull him off physically. If the bitch doesn't mind there's not much chance of a fight, but if he gets used to it being acceptable he might do it to a dog that doesn't like it & then there'll be trouble! I dont want to s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 13 2013, 20:47

Yes I think the dominance thing is relative as he trys to get behind even me with his paws round my neck and does the same!! when I am sat on the sofa. Maybe trying to be the "Alpha Male" above me as he knows I am the boss!! I guess its just a case of standing my ground and persisting. Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down