Bow is off her food - any suggestions

3 posters

Go down

Bow is off her food - any suggestions Empty Bow is off her food - any suggestions

Post by Honey_moors Sun Jan 06 2013, 21:38

I don't know if this could be connected but I cant seem to find any information, Bow came into season on 14th December, we have been careful to keep her away from other dogs. Since she has stopped with the bleeding she isnt managing to keep food down. I am feeding her raw, however she now isnt touching any of her meat. When she does consume food - no matter what it is, then she brings it back up. The vet has suggested that I starve her as she will eat when she is hungry.
My mind does go into overdrive but when I put this to the vet she thought i was crazy - but here is my theory - While in the forestry Bow is off the lead, could she be like this if she has maybe tried to eat a dead rat with poison in its system, or maybe have tried to eat something with rat poison on like a bush?
Bow is absolutely fine in herself, she is full of beans and still very mischeivious, she also still wants to run about outside with the kids.
Is starving Bow my only real option here?
Honey_moors
Honey_moors
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bow and Tarw
Dog(s) Ages : 15 march 2012 03 oct 2013
Dog Gender(s) : Female male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Bow is off her food - any suggestions Empty Re: Bow is off her food - any suggestions

Post by Guest Sun Jan 06 2013, 21:51

If she is acting normally I wouldn't think she has eaten anything dangerous and likely has an upset stomach. Starving will help her stomach settle and return to normal. You could also feed chicken and rice for a day or two if you don't want to starve.

Back to top Go down

Bow is off her food - any suggestions Empty Re: Bow is off her food - any suggestions

Post by Honey_moors Sun Jan 06 2013, 21:54

Thanks she had chicken and rice yesterday and didnt take long for it to come back up. She just turns her nose up at everything i go to give her. But thank you for the advice :-) its much appreciated.
Honey_moors
Honey_moors

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bow and Tarw
Dog(s) Ages : 15 march 2012 03 oct 2013
Dog Gender(s) : Female male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by rescuestaffords Mon Jan 07 2013, 08:21

If she had of consumed rat poison, no matter how little, you would no about it as she would be rather quite poorly.

I would starve for 24 hours and maybe give her something like pepto bismol to help settle the stomach.

rescuestaffords
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Bow is off her food - any suggestions Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Single
Support total : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackieb Mon Jan 07 2013, 16:26

I'd try 24 hours starve. Keep her drinking, ice cubes are great.

Try the chicken n rice or potatoe, not too much. If it comes bk up go bk to the vet, may need an anti-sickness jab and antibiotic course.
Jackieb
Jackieb
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Diesel & Tank
Dog(s) Ages : Diesel - May 2011. Tank - March 2012
Dog Gender(s) : Girl & Boy
Support total : 245

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down