Sulking

2 posters

Go down

Sulking Empty Sulking

Post by jshrew Sun Dec 23 2012, 21:23

Have got into a bit of a habit of taking Ledger out with his chuckit balls on a daily basis as he has been great off lead and pays no attention to other dogs/people when he has his ball. The persistent rain has meant the hilly bit of park behind me has become a bit of a quagmire and the lower path had flooded we still went out yesterday but after half an hour of sliding around in the mud it was a nightmare cleaning him up although thankfully he was happy to be carried to the bath as I let him keep hold of the ball.

Well today I've not been feeling the best so we just had our walks around the dry bits of the park and I have had one sulky dog since lunchtime when I have gone to get his lead each time he just looks at me and then up to where I keep the ball launcher, the same when we have got home and then he sits looking at the door to the front room and crying. He isn't interested in any other toys today and as soon as i opened the stair gate about 7pm he just took himself off up to bed and hasn't even popped down when I had tea!
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Sulking Empty Re: Sulking

Post by Guest Sun Dec 23 2012, 21:29

Could be sulking - could be remembering his BATH! Crying or Very sad - could be feeling a bit off colour himself.

See how he is tomorrow ....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 23 2012, 21:43

Hope you are feeling better and get back to the normal routine soon. They do somehow seem to know when it's playtime Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 24 2012, 07:38

No it's impossible , if you ask any expert it is impossible for a dog to sulk they just show characteristics of something that looks like a sulk from their facial expression, this is why Tilly turned her back on me all night and refused to give me a good night kiss , it wasn't a sulk it was a strop no talking

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Mon Dec 24 2012, 11:36

We went to the lake this morning which is still flooded but a bit worse today. Rocky loves to splash through the puddles and steers us across the path to get to them, it's so funny. He will sulk if he cannot get to he puddles and we get the "Look"

I think he has an upset tummy at the moment though, had a bit of bum gravy today sick
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by jshrew Mon Dec 24 2012, 17:42

Oh yes I know 'the look' however since I got home it has been replaced with one of 'feel sorry for me mom' as when dad took him out earlier a collie tried to attack him through a fence and he is all cut on the top of his nose Crying or Very sad
jshrew
jshrew

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down