Repeatedly being sick

Go down

Repeatedly being sick Empty Repeatedly being sick

Post by SP36 Tue Oct 23 2012, 08:21

Hi All,

I have always lurked in the back ground on this sight and this is my first post as I cannot find a post which specifically relates to Pullo's sickness.

Background: For the best part of a week, Pullo has been sick twice a day. Bringing up each meal with in a few hours of eating it. However, he is eating and drinking normally and appears hungry. I put this down to we were giving him Chubb instead of normal canned food and tried replacing these the following week which we spent at a cottage in Cornwall.

In Cornwall, I started him off on just dry food and he was fine. He started having the odd piece of pasty, and eventually had the left overs of a cooked breakfast and was completely fine. No sick all week.

However we are home now, and although I have continued him on the dry food he is being sick again, leading me to think that there is something in our house / garden that is making him sick. What I have no clue! Which is where you guys come in.

I have not seen him eat anything he shouldn't be, nor does their appear to be anything untoward in his sick, just dinner leading me to question if he is eating anything from the garden. But usually when his been sick before there is grass in it. There was a bucket of dirty rain water in the garden which I tipped away yesterday, I haven't seen him drink out of it recently but he has in the past.

If it turns out not to be this, any suggestions of what else it could be? I am not aware of any changes or additional plants in the garden.

He is due his booster jabs in a few weeks, and I feel if I take him the vets then they will only suggest possibilities which I can get from here.

Thanks in advance!

SP36
New Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : Pullo
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Repeatedly being sick Empty Re: Repeatedly being sick

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23 2012, 08:28

It could have been the rain water or any number of things he picked up in the garden. Have you tried starving him for a day to get his stomach to settle? Is he eating too quickly?

Back to top Go down

Post by SP36 Tue Oct 23 2012, 08:35

His eating normally for him, but it's usually pretty fast (his half Labrador). His definitely still got his appetite. I tried starving him the week before we went to Cornwall, and then fed him on Chicken and Rice which he didn't bring back up leading me to initially think it was his chubb.

But he ate far richer things in Cornwall which he wouldn't normally get and was fine.

I've tried looking at plants that are poisonous to dogs on the internet but I have no clue what they are. I need pictures really to identify what is in my garden, but there are so many it would take me an age to google search them all.

SP36

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23 2012, 08:40

Here's a link that should help. No pictures though

http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/_resources/resources/factsheets09/factsheetpoisonoussubstances09.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post by SP36 Tue Oct 23 2012, 17:36

Thanks, I've purged the garden of what I could identify. I also discovered some mushrooms sticking out of the bark where he usually does his toilet, so I have removed them as well. His had two lots of chicken and rice today and so far so good.

SP36

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 23 2012, 20:32

It certainly could be something he's picked up from the garden (ivy is one that can make them sick, as can wandering jew), but it could also be food. Which food (other than the Chubb) have you given him?

Chubb has quite a lot of additives in it (as far as I can remember - haven't used it for some years) so could be upsetting his stomach.

P.S. It'd be great if you could post a little introduction here...
https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/f7-new-member-introductions

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down