What do we think of these (colour coded harness for your dogs temperament)

+2
Rachel33
bullsmommy1
6 posters

Go down

What do we think of these (colour coded harness for your dogs temperament)  Empty What do we think of these (colour coded harness for your dogs temperament)

Post by Guest Sun Oct 07 2012, 12:34

Lots of people are raving about these now saying what a good idea it is to make people aware of the temperament of your dog.

What do we think of these (colour coded harness for your dogs temperament)  377721_436527499731815_1221439917_n

Personally i think it's a bit like accepting your dog is mental so if anyone else dog comes up to you or they walk too close it is still your fault. I don't ride my horse with a note saying "i am capable of jumping out infront of you for no reason" why should i advertise what my animal MIGHT do?

Thoughts?

Back to top Go down

What do we think of these (colour coded harness for your dogs temperament)  Empty Re: What do we think of these (colour coded harness for your dogs temperament)

Post by bullsmommy1 Sun Oct 07 2012, 12:48

I do have 1 of these just never used it Smile
bullsmommy1
bullsmommy1
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Bulley, major & kaiser
Dog(s) Ages : 10,13 & 5months
Dog Gender(s) : all male
Support total : 37

Back to top Go down

What do we think of these (colour coded harness for your dogs temperament)  Empty Re: What do we think of these (colour coded harness for your dogs temperament)

Post by Guest Sun Oct 07 2012, 13:06

Think if you had a big problem with your dog it could be useful as a warning , but also promote the look of shame Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel33 Sun Oct 07 2012, 13:54

I find them really useful in rescue centres, especially with the traffic light systems that are being brought in for the dogs!! But not sure that i'd use them for my own dogs.
Rachel33
Rachel33
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Admin

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Bug (Biscuit)
Dog(s) Ages : 7 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 1012

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Oct 07 2012, 14:07

Have seen these before, a bit split on opinion of them tbh. Could be a good idea, but then other people may avoid you because of it

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com/t20613-colour-coded-harness
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 07 2012, 14:51

Obviously the downside is that some people will take it the wrong way or overreact, when the reality is that you're simply warning people right away that your dog isn't friendly towards other dogs, or even people. So I reckon it's a good idea if the person can handle any possible reactions from others.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 07 2012, 16:18

I keep meaning to buy one for the boys, i really like them

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Oct 07 2012, 19:10

I think TBH, if it was a very widely publisised thing, and the majority bought into it, the idea of being able to determine at a glance/distance that a dog is DA, would be a brilliant idea thumbs up .. but it would almost have to become law before that would happen Straight Face
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Sun Oct 07 2012, 19:22

Gets a bit tricky if your dog is dog selective I guess, but a potentially good idea to give fair warning. If other owners don't listen at least they can't say they weren't told! Smile
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dexter
Dog(s) Ages : 3 approx
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Sun Oct 07 2012, 19:23

p.s Dexter said do they come in chocolate brown, he wants to bring out his eyes Laughing
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dexter
Dog(s) Ages : 3 approx
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 07 2012, 20:59

Don't like them much myself. The only people who will use them are responsible people who would tell others if their dog is ok/dodgy/da. It still won't stop other dogs coming over.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Sun Oct 07 2012, 22:04

Human lazyness? Whats wrong with dont let my dog run up to any strange dog? Are we not willing to converse with each other now? almost as bad as "baby on board" "excuse my crap driving" signs... One step closer in the direction of cant be botherd to understand dogs body lanuage.
Nathan
Nathan

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Single
Dogs Name(s) : Marley and Laska
Dog(s) Ages : 30/08/2011 Marley 03/05/12 Laska
Dog Gender(s) : Male Marley Female Laska
Support total : 626

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 07 2012, 22:40

I want them especially for chance with his people aggression as even with a muzzle on people try to grab his head, they aren't just for DA dog they have many uses

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 08 2012, 01:53

ella wrote:I want them especially for chance with his people aggression as even with a muzzle on people try to grab his head, they aren't just for DA dog they have many uses

What possible reason do people have for going up to a random dog with a muzzle on and grabbing his head?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 08 2012, 04:32

ANattyRat wrote:
ella wrote:I want them especially for chance with his people aggression as even with a muzzle on people try to grab his head, they aren't just for DA dog they have many uses

What possible reason do people have for going up to a random dog with a muzzle on and grabbing his head?

Because they are a moron and tend to want to be seen as the 'ard man by grabbing a bog dog with a muzzle on.

Meant to say I only want the collars of these not the harnesses

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down