His harness has chafed and I feel awful :( (new harness now ordered!)

4 posters

Go down

His harness has chafed and I feel awful :( (new harness now ordered!) Empty His harness has chafed and I feel awful :( (new harness now ordered!)

Post by PygmyParrot Thu Sep 27 2012, 15:16

Noticed after the morning walk when Dex was on his back that his new harness has chafed him under his legs a bit. Sad

Feel awful, will need to get another one can't put that one back on him. Don't know if I've put it too tight or if the furry padded bits aren't doing their job. I can walk him using the one the rescue sent him with but I should be posting that back to the lady this week just haven't got round to it. Trying to think where to go tomorrow to grab one, a much better one as this pets at home one clearly isn't good enough for my boy Sad

Have cleaned the sore bits up and popped a bit of sudocrem on him, he doesn't seem bothered but I feel rotten.

Ordered the ezydog quick fit harness in artic and the cujo lead to match. Measured him up and the medium is apparently right...fingers crossed. Least I know not to put it on too tightly now, it will be here tomorrow yay!

Last edited by PygmyParrot on Fri Sep 28 2012, 11:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added info)
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Engaged
Dogs Name(s) : Dexter
Dog(s) Ages : 3 approx
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 100

Back to top Go down

His harness has chafed and I feel awful :( (new harness now ordered!) Empty Re: His harness has chafed and I feel awful :( (new harness now ordered!)

Post by Keith Thu Sep 27 2012, 15:23

In the grand scheme of things, it's a superficial wound.
It sounds like it doesn't fit properly but it's not something to feel bad about.
Feel bad if you knew but did nothing about it, which isn't the case.

I think the Ezydog harnesses tend to fit staffies quite well - have a look in the tried and tested bit of the forum.
Keith
Keith

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Wingo and Captain Weemo
Dog(s) Ages : Probably about four and, er, ten maybe?
Dog Gender(s) : one of each
Support total : 181

Back to top Go down

His harness has chafed and I feel awful :( (new harness now ordered!) Empty Re: His harness has chafed and I feel awful :( (new harness now ordered!)

Post by PygmyParrot Thu Sep 27 2012, 15:26

Thank you, I burst into tears like a sap when I saw the marks on him. I will have a look and see, the sizes confuse me a bit perhaps a large would be better. We bought the medium and it was tried on him in the shop but I expect it's like us with shoes, 5 mins in the shop is not an hours walk is it so you just never know.

Sad

PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Thu Sep 27 2012, 15:30

You burst into tears because you care.
That is the sign of a good owner. Smile

I think Dave might be able to answer the question of EZ Dog harness size when he's on later - pretty sure his Tilly has one. Maybe Tommy too.
Keith
Keith

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Wingo and Captain Weemo
Dog(s) Ages : Probably about four and, er, ten maybe?
Dog Gender(s) : one of each
Support total : 181

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Sep 27 2012, 15:31

Funnily enough, I did think it looked a little "snug" in your pics in the woods yesterday .. the chest strap dosent want to be touching him all the way round once he's warmed up really, so from cold when it first goes on, it should be pretty loose to allow for movement and panting etc Wink
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Thu Sep 27 2012, 15:35

Good owner AND sap maybe Smile There we go I'm smiling again, thank you guys. I have just checked amazon and they have lots of ezydogs ones it is just the size thing. The walk later and tomorrow will be done with the borrowed harness as that one seems ok, and I will wait and see what Dave reckons about size then get online and order one for as quick as amazon can do.

Anything you think I should put on the sore bits or will the sudocrem be ok?
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Thu Sep 27 2012, 15:41

Sudocrem is fine, it will heel in no time Wink

Do you have to use a harness ? can you not just use his collar untill the skin has heeled ?
Andy
Andy

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Max
Dog(s) Ages : DOB: Aug 2010
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 305

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Thu Sep 27 2012, 15:44

Good point, I know he isn't a puller now (he takes the lead as far as he can at first without actually pulling, then slows down once he's not as excited to be out). I'm not having a good brain day today clearly. I blame the weather *glares out of the window*
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Thu Sep 27 2012, 16:19

Just checked him and it already looks 50% better. Phew!
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 27 2012, 16:31

Working dog wrote:You burst into tears because you care.
That is the sign of a good owner. Smile

I agree - if you didn't care you wouldn't, well, care! Laughing

PygmyParrot wrote:I will wait and see what Dave reckons about size then get online and order one for as quick as amazon can do.

Anything you think I should put on the sore bits or will the sudocrem be ok?

The sudocrem will be fine. With little scrapes etc I normally bathe with a little salty water, dry thoroughly & then put sudocrem on & that does the trick!

If Dave doesn't see this when he comes on later, just edit the title to include his name! Big Grin

Back to top Go down

Post by PygmyParrot Thu Sep 27 2012, 16:32

Cheers Caryll will do. So glad it's not looking as sore as it was! Felt like a bad mummy!! I dont want to s
PygmyParrot
PygmyParrot

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 27 2012, 16:34

It happens.

I doubt that he even cares about it, so don't worry! Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Sep 27 2012, 16:53

Do you have something to measure the girth of your dog with ? A piece of string can work if you dont have a soft tape measure (just measure around the dogs girth then measure the piece of string)

The image below shows how to take the measurement.

His harness has chafed and I feel awful :( (new harness now ordered!) Measure
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down