How tragic must things get to lead you to this

2 posters

Go down

How tragic must things get to lead you to this Empty How tragic must things get to lead you to this

Post by Guest Mon Oct 01 2012, 22:12

Just caught this on the evening news so sad Sad I really can't comprehend how someone can be taken to the brink like this to commit such a tragic act

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-19787459

Back to top Go down

How tragic must things get to lead you to this Empty Re: How tragic must things get to lead you to this

Post by janey Mon Oct 01 2012, 22:26

Tragic.
janey
janey
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

How tragic must things get to lead you to this Empty Re: How tragic must things get to lead you to this

Post by Guest Mon Oct 01 2012, 22:27

Obviously the guy could be very disturbed by the bombing but to take your kids lives in desperation Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Oct 01 2012, 22:29

Its something I could never get my head around and I haven't go kids.
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 01 2012, 22:34

Every time I see something like that I just hug Jen and thank my lucky stars Smile I've seen a few of my mates over the years split with the OH and go through the mill over the kids , thankfully as my OH has been there done it and bought the T shirt I'm pretty sure that we would never have any problems in that area and we could handle things in the right way

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02 2012, 06:29

There's been a few stories like this lately and it makes me so angry. I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but I don't care what the excuse is, murdering you children is the worst act I could possibly imagine and one that as a mother myself, is impossible to get my head around. If someone can't bear to live anymore, that's up to them, but to take their innocent children too is just disgusting. I hope he rots in hell.

RIP Ben and Freya.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02 2012, 07:24

Don't think you can offend anyone with that comment Shon , and don't get me wrong I certainly don't condone it. I just wonder how someone's head can get so messed up that they think this is a solution to their problems Sad

and yes RIP Little ones Love Struck

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02 2012, 07:30

Yeah, because no-one ever completely loses their sanity. No, it's always because they're evil human beings who've spent their whole lives waiting to harm their children and then kill themselves. I mean, I know people tend to see things as black and white, but if he was really a sadistic, evil person, he would've either tried to get away with it or would've turned himself in...or killed himself in the presence of the police. That's the mindset of people like that. Killing your kids and then killing yourself screams insanity/mental illness to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02 2012, 10:54

shontelle wrote:There's been a few stories like this lately and it makes me so angry. I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but I don't care what the excuse is, murdering you children is the worst act I could possibly imagine and one that as a mother myself, is impossible to get my head around. If someone can't bear to live anymore, that's up to them, but to take their innocent children too is just disgusting. I hope he rots in hell.

RIP Ben and Freya.

I'm sorry, but that's so totally unfair, Shon.

You have no idea what the state of that man's mind was like when he committed that act. I'm not condoning the murder of those poor children, but he could not have been in control of his sanity at the time.

Insanity doesn't choose between right & wrong.

RIP Ben, Freya and yes, Pederson himself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02 2012, 13:15

Sorry but I stand by what I said. A parent is god in the eyes of a child and to have that trust violated in such a way is inexcusable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02 2012, 13:26

Yes, I agree that a parent is, as you say, God in the eyes of a child & what happened is tragic beyond any comprehension.

But as I said, he's been a good father so his mind must have been completely turned to have done that.

I repeat; insanity doesn't choose between right & wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02 2012, 13:29

Like you say, we don't know what was going on in his mind, we don't know whether he was sane or insane.

We're going to have to agree to disagree with this, to me, the act of taking the life of your children is inexcusable. Sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02 2012, 13:35

I do have to add , and I know at the moment it's only rumours but the mode of killing the kids by stabbing to death points somewhere as well , like a malicious act. It might sound crazy as a hypothetical question , but if you were devastated to be losing your kids and wanted to be with them for eternity you would do something much more humane and peaceful wouldn't you ??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02 2012, 13:38

Dave wrote:I do have to add , and I know at the moment it's only rumours but the mode of killing the kids by stabbing to death points somewhere as well , like a malicious act. It might sound crazy as a hypothetical question , but if you were devastated to be losing your kids and wanted to be with them for eternity you would do something much more humane and peaceful wouldn't you ??

I completely agree with this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02 2012, 15:28

But insanity (and we won't ever know the state of his mind, will we?) isn't sane, is it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02 2012, 17:52

I'm sorry Caryll but nothing justifies murdering your children IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02 2012, 18:11

shontelle wrote:I'm sorry Caryll but nothing justifies murdering your children IMO.

Of course nothing justifies it, but the point is, you have no control over it. Like schizophrenic people don't control who or what they hear or what they see. Paranoid people don't control how they jump to illogical conclusions, etc. There's no reason for it to ever be OK, but the thing is that...some people completely lose it. Not most people go to such lengths, but some do. And to say that he's an evil person for doing something that was basically beyond his control at that point is just harsh, in my opinion. Course we'll never know the facts, but I stand by what I said that truly sadistic people have certain pattern and mindsets. Arrogance and attention-seeking being a couple. No-one who did it out of hate or sadism would have killed themselves, certainly not before being found out. That's just pure insanity. The brain's a complex thing; it's hard to understand how a person can do something completely out of character, but they can. You can be mentally broken beyond repair just as you can physically.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Tue Oct 02 2012, 18:37

I saw this on the news last night, the guy obviously had issues, some which may have gone way back who knows. Very sad for all involved.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 02 2012, 20:23

ANattyRat wrote: You can be mentally broken beyond repair just as you can physically.

Well said. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03 2012, 06:07

I know that, I understand that. But I still stand by my previous posts. Perhaps its just because I'm a mum and love my children more than anything in this world and would do anything to keep them safe and happy, I will not ever understand how a parent, especially a good one which by all accounts he was, could murder their own children, especially in such a barbaric way, sane or or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03 2012, 07:25

No, & I agree with that. As a mother, with all my mind intact, I can't understand it either. But I refuse to condemn, out of hand, someone whose mind was obviously not intact. No sane parent does that unless they are pure evil - and from all accounts the man wasn't evil. Just wrong in the head - mentally damaged in some way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03 2012, 12:57

I have not heard about this much cause its not been on the news a lot but it is very tragic. The poor mother must be beside herself Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 05 2012, 12:18

Just heard that the mother and father were separated and the mother had said to social services that she was concerned and didn't want the father around the the children. Social services dismissed her fears and this is what happens. If I were her, I'd be out for their blood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down