Steve
markeB
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

thoughts please - Page 2 Empty thoughts please

Post by markeB Sat Jan 08 2011, 13:49

First topic message reminder :

as you know Ive been gifted my 2 dogs .my bitch from my daughter as a gift ,my dog Leo given as a free to a good home from a breeder/shower of dogs.after being offered around my place of work i decided to take him on as was being told he would be left in kennel and taken out for walks,but no good to him as not quite up to his standard for showing,although was placing in shows.any way i inquired about his papers a little while after,being rebuffed as to why i wanted them ..then said if i wanted them I'd have to buy them ,i wasn't happy with this through principle.as a free to good home should include all thing connected as you wouldn't give someone a car then sell them the log book would you ..i asked kennel club and they went happy about it nor were consumer direct/trading standards.but have recently been told by him if i don't buy them quick he'd sell them on to a friend with a dog with no papers.. in principle i shouldnt by or have to buy them but couldnt bare to know another lesser dog has my boys birth certificate. Crying or Very sad
markeB
markeB
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Ellie and Leo
Dog Gender(s) : Ellie bitch leo dog
Support total : 9

Back to top Go down

thoughts please - Page 2 Empty Re: thoughts please

Post by Nosipho Mon Jan 10 2011, 11:09

Denise wrote:I cant believe what i have just read Surprised A so called breeder/show goer moves on a dog without its paper work, and then demands payment for them Surprised

Do you know your dogs full KC name ???

Its ppl like this breeder person who gives the good honest ones a bad name mad

Thats not right, he can't pass off one dogs papers as another's. So wrong and will mess up people's breeding programmes for generations to come. Its not right, you should inform the kennel club. How wound up would you be if you bought a bitch with the intention of breeding her, knowing her parents are the exact type of dog you want and they wern't even the dog's parents?? You wouldn't even know but I bet you wouldn't get the puppies you wanted out of her.

Whats your dog's full pedigree name otr this guys affix?
Nosipho
Nosipho
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 10 2011, 11:16

I dont think it is a great idea to name and shame on the Forum...
But I do think mark owes it to himself and as you said above any other pups that may be in this same position and they dont even know about it..
Please let us all know how you get along Mark... this is a hard place to be in
xx

Back to top Go down

Post by markeB Mon Jan 10 2011, 14:58

seems i may be a bit late as eh may have sold them over the weekend Crying or Very sad
may have towards a game console of all things.i am gonna have to ask in morning about this at work..then if correct put into motion steps i have in mind
/suggested here.had a bit of a blow up with him last week when he stated his intentions with regards sale of docs.stating i couldn't prove it.i would imagine markings like a blaze would be like a finger print unless the dog that has or has not got my boys docs is a dead ringer.
markeB
markeB

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 10 2011, 16:03

markeB wrote:seems i may be a bit late as eh may have sold them over the weekend Crying or Very sad
may have towards a game console of all things.i am gonna have to ask in morning about this at work..then if correct put into motion steps i have in mind
/suggested here.had a bit of a blow up with him last week when he stated his intentions with regards sale of docs.stating i couldn't prove it.i would imagine markings like a blaze would be like a finger print unless the dog that has or has not got my boys docs is a dead ringer.

mark i would amagine a dna test would work the same way asa human one to prove parantage just as a back up plan i would think if you brought it up with the kc they would force him to have his dog tested if they didnt have dna infomation already Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 10 2011, 17:04

OMG his already sold them on Surprised

Well its a kennel affix i will be steering well clear of, and if ever asked about that kennel will repeat what i have read here. The bloke has no morals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 10 2011, 20:29

Mel, I'm sorry, but I think the kennel name should be made public on this forum.

Plus, the kennel club must be informed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 10 2011, 20:53

Caryll wrote:Mel, I'm sorry, but I think the kennel name should be made public on this forum.

Plus, the kennel club must be informed.

From a legal side is all i am thinking.. Mark has more to lose at this stage by naming them then not.. once the matter has been sorted.. name away... you dont want them to come back with a counter sue for slander thats all.
I think they should be shut down the buggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 10 2011, 21:07

I suppose you're right, but I still say that the Kennel Club should be notified so that if anyone tries to register a dog with that name, it'll all come out.

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Mon Jan 10 2011, 21:13

Firstly you have the most important thing and thats the boy, if he has sold them on inform the kennel club and also the breed club, they will be able to get from archive all pictures entry fees and proof and his credibility will be * he probably wont be allowed to show again but please dont let him get away with this its not right. I dont know who he is but he needs to be named and shamed for sure the * (sorry)
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Tue Jan 11 2011, 20:25

hi mark did you speak to him today
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by markeB Tue Jan 11 2011, 21:07

havent had him on his own as yet .but a work mate said guy was really interested in my boys docs for his unregd dog .
markeB
markeB

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by gem Tue Jan 11 2011, 21:25

well there may be a chance for you to get them still so be calm and try to sort summat for the good of the dog. If he is worried about loosing contact with the dog tell him you dont mind him being on there as a joint owner and that you would just like to have a copy of the dogs pedigree. You tell him you would let him show him and possibly breed him just go along with it and when you get your name on there tell him to p*** off .
gem
gem

Status Status :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 11 2011, 21:44

gem wrote:well there may be a chance for you to get them still so be calm and try to sort summat for the good of the dog. If he is worried about loosing contact with the dog tell him you dont mind him being on there as a joint owner and that you would just like to have a copy of the dogs pedigree. You tell him you would let him show him and possibly breed him just go along with it and when you get your name on there tell him to p*** off .

Oooh, devious............but that's the way I'd do it, too!

Back to top Go down

Post by markeB Tue Jan 11 2011, 23:11

on the other hand if he's already sold them on,im going to be so distraught and the other fella gonna be up **** creek also ..along with my boys breeder,and once the genie's outta the bottle there's no turning back ..he seemed pretty certain i;d be hard pushed to prove it tbh..
thoughts please - Page 2 Leo-1-1

thoughts please - Page 2 Picture004
markeB
markeB

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 11 2011, 23:26

the only way he can be so certain is if your boys not the dog you think he is and he was going to pass him off with the papers he has sold??????he cant be that think to think he can get away with it otherwise

Back to top Go down

Post by markeB Wed Jan 12 2011, 00:48

nahh .he had been showing him for months,placed in a few comps also,but not quite good enough in his eyes.at the time i did tell him i thought him a bit mercenary in my boys treatment,but he stated that he couldnt have a dog around just for the fun of it .
markeB
markeB

Status Status :

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 12 2011, 09:42

he sounds a bit of a strange carictor breeding and showing but having no real love for a staffy when its not preforming.
but to me he deff seems to be a bit foolish if he thinks it cant be proved that your boys papers have been passed off on another dog he has so much he could lose ie his reputation which he would never get back

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2