What are your thoughts on her fur !!!

5 posters

Go down

What are your thoughts on her fur !!! Empty What are your thoughts on her fur !!!

Post by hollymolly Mon Oct 10 2011, 22:17

This pic was taken the day she had some scrappings taken to see if it is mites that are affecting her skin and fur.. the scrappings came back with hardly any mites on it which is why her vet wants to do the Imaverol baths to see if it might be ringworm instead !!! So this pic was taken before she started the Imaverol baths ..
What are your thoughts on her fur !!! 2011-09-28101512

These next pics were taken after her 2nd Imaverol bath ( she has to have 4 baths at 3 day intervals ) ..
What are your thoughts on her fur !!! 10oct3
You can see how thin her fur is in this pic ..
What are your thoughts on her fur !!! 10oct4
Where she had the scrappings looks worse or is it me !!
What are your thoughts on her fur !!! 10oct5
My poor baby is already getting 'those kinda looks' of other dog owners ... angry angry angry
What are your thoughts on her fur !!! 10oct6

Please tell me what you think of her fur before & after and don't worry you wont offend me ha !!
(she has 2 more baths to go but av sent these pics to her vet to see what he thinks aswell ).......
hollymolly
hollymolly
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Inca & Sky
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs old & 2 yrs old ...
Dog Gender(s) : Both Females..
Support total : 84

Back to top Go down

What are your thoughts on her fur !!! Empty Re: What are your thoughts on her fur !!!

Post by gem Mon Oct 10 2011, 22:20

It doesnt look any worse to me oh I do hope you find the source she has a good healthy coat elsewere Smile
gem
gem

Status Status :

Dogs Name(s) : duke
Dog Gender(s) : dog
Support total : 83

Back to top Go down

What are your thoughts on her fur !!! Empty Re: What are your thoughts on her fur !!!

Post by janey Mon Oct 10 2011, 22:23

I don't know, when Scrumps had it she looked so similar to the before and after photos (I wish I took some so I could show you) I refused to do the baths, and she did grow out of it.

Not saying Inca will, so go on the advice. They always look bad with the patches from the sracpings, and after her skin bio looked 10 x worse!

All I can say is it It will clear up eventually Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10 2011, 22:27

I'm still not convinced it's ringworm. The shape of the patches just don't look like it.

As you've started the shampoos you should probably finish them - at least you can tell the vet if they've worked or not!

Back to top Go down

Post by hollymolly Mon Oct 10 2011, 22:37

Caryll wrote:I'm still not convinced it's ringworm. The shape of the patches just don't look like it.

As you've started the shampoos you should probably finish them - at least you can tell the vet if they've worked or not!

What other things do you think it could be caryll... What things would make her fur go like this ?? x
hollymolly
hollymolly

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10 2011, 22:41

I'm not honestly sure. Possibly an allergy. Have you tried piriton at all? Or thought about changing her food?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the vet's talking c*ap! He may well be right, it's just that it doesn't look like ringworm I've seen in the past. It looks more like a reaction to something, but only expensive & uncomfortable skin tests would get to the bottom of that. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Mon Oct 10 2011, 22:43

And to be honest I never did get to the bottom of hers. Even after every test.
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by hollymolly Mon Oct 10 2011, 23:10

Caryll wrote:I'm not honestly sure. Possibly an allergy. Have you tried piriton at all? Or thought about changing her food?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the vet's talking c*ap! He may well be right, it's just that it doesn't look like ringworm I've seen in the past. It looks more like a reaction to something, but only expensive & uncomfortable skin tests would get to the bottom of that. Sad

Yeh her vet said something about it maybe allergies but then he did say he's never heard of a dog as young as Inca (13 mnths) suffering from allergies.. Don't know how true that is !!!

But yeh she has been on Piriton for a while (she has half in the morning & half at night)..

As for food she has a raw food diet which is chicken wings .. minced beef every now and then .. some pasta or rice with pea's ...

I really am at a lose as to what is going on with her and how would her vet check to see if her immune system is abit low as it is puzzling her vet as to why she isn't fighting skin & fur conditions ...
hollymolly
hollymolly

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by hollymolly Mon Oct 10 2011, 23:12

janey wrote:

And to be honest I never did get to the bottom of hers. Even after every test.

Just you watch the same will happen to us and we will be none the wiser but i have to do something as i really don't want her flaring up every 5 or 6 mnths ....

Thanks x
hollymolly
hollymolly

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10 2011, 23:43

It could be allergies. Suki started to show symptoms around 7 months old. Hope you get to the bottom of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 10 2011, 23:49

that last picture looks better

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11 2011, 12:22

hollymolly wrote:Yeh her vet said something about it maybe allergies but then he did say he's never heard of a dog as young as Inca (13 mnths) suffering from allergies.. Don't know how true that is !!!

I don't know what dogs he's been treating, then. Most allergies begin to show themselves from about 6 months upwards (sexual maturity) and will either die down as they physically mature or get worse!

You could try upping the piriton to one morning & night, but it might be best to wait until the shampoos are over first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11 2011, 12:29

Just a though. Have you tried Yumega & Silvercare? They are specially designed for sensitive skin & one of them is a cream that you apply to sreas that, among other things, have been affected by mites etc.

http://www.lintbells.com/online-store/16/silvercare-skin

http://www.lintbells.com/online-store/14/yumega-plus-500ml

Might be worth a try.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Tue Oct 11 2011, 13:31

do you give your dog a omega3 or cod liver oil ?

that may help grow the fur back.

Steve

Status Status :

Male
Support total : 1443

https://staffy-bull-terrier.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Tue Oct 11 2011, 17:25

I think it looks like some kind of allergy, I wouldn't think it was demodex as there is none at the base of her tail and I would expect it to show here first. Nor would I think it was ringworm, as caryll said the marks are not a similar shape or size and are not really circular. I have seen allergic dermatitis look similar to this but usually with mroe redness and itching, hmm puzzling!
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11 2011, 18:59

Deffo not ringworm. It could be something silly like have you changed her diet or your washing detergant?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11 2011, 19:01

IT could also be gluten as some dogs are allergic to that and its in pasta isnt it?

Back to top Go down

Post by hollymolly Tue Oct 11 2011, 21:20

Caryll wrote:Just a though. Have you tried Yumega & Silvercare? They are specially designed for sensitive skin & one of them is a cream that you apply to sreas that, among other things, have been affected by mites etc.

http://www.lintbells.com/online-store/16/silvercare-skin

http://www.lintbells.com/online-store/14/yumega-plus-500ml

Might be worth a try.

Cheers caryll i will check them out ...Thanx again
hollymolly
hollymolly

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by hollymolly Tue Oct 11 2011, 21:21

Steve wrote:do you give your dog a omega3 or cod liver oil ?

that may help grow the fur back.

Yeh steve she is on omega 3 .. (1 a day)..
hollymolly
hollymolly

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by hollymolly Tue Oct 11 2011, 21:28

Right so am guessing the majority of you think it isn't Ringworm or even Demodex Mites ... and that it looks more likely to be an allergy to something ...

What kinda tests do they do for checking allergy's.. and what does it entail... Has anyone got any idea's as to what they do !!!!!

Thanks again though for all your comments xx
hollymolly
hollymolly

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 11 2011, 22:06

jstaff's dog had allergy tests I think, so maybe he could tell you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down