thoughts please

3 posters

Go down

thoughts please Empty thoughts please

Post by hunnis mum Sun Mar 11 2012, 14:57

hi,how do i convince my friend not all staffi's and nasty? we introduced our dogs yesterday and it did not go well.
now ive taken hunni out walking and she has mixed really well with other dogs,she was calm and happy even in a group of 10 dogs.

i walk with a friend who has a staffi cross jack russell(he is jack russell size)he is quite naughty and will attack shy dogs. as soon as he saw hunni he went mad escaped his lead and went for her,there was no biting just lots of growling and i notice hunni turning her head away,she did pin him but did not bite. we split them up and she muzzled her dog and everything was good. then she put her 3 month old tea cup pup down and she attacked hunni too,again hunni pinned her down but did not bite. she ended up carrying her pup while the other two got to know eachother,they had another small bicker but settled down quickly.

i know that this was not hunnis fault and she showed great restraint. my friend and i are taking them out again but she is very nervous around hunni.

she had a bad expience with a staffi and thinks they are all bad.

what are your thoughts on this please?
hunnis mum
hunnis mum
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : hunni and alfie
Dog(s) Ages : alfie is 3 years hunni is 8 months
Dog Gender(s) : alfie is male hunni is female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

thoughts please Empty Re: thoughts please

Post by Guest Sun Mar 11 2012, 15:17

Hunni showed remarkable restraint. Your friend needsto realise that all dogs need to be checked for aggressive behaviour - not just strong breeds like Staffies. Your friends nerves probably didnt help much either

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Mar 11 2012, 16:58

Thats right the dog would have picked on any nervousness from the owner.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12 2012, 00:54

This may sound harsh but your friend needs to train her dogs properly as they are the problem. I would keep your dog away from them because there could be an incident that changes her behaviour for the worse.

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Mon Mar 12 2012, 02:25

Your friend owns an aggressive staffy cross and says all staffies are nasty? Is she completely thick or just the worlds biggest hypocrite?
She should re-home her dogs to someone that can train them properly. Sounds like they're a disaster waiting to happen.
Her dogs were both the aggressors and she thinks it's Hunni's fault? Someone needs a reality check. I couldn't be friends with someone that stupid. For Hunni's sake I wouldn't socialize with this person anymore.

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by hunnis mum Mon Mar 12 2012, 16:21

thanks for the advice,im going to leave hunni at home and just take alfie. we do enjoy our walks and she is changing her mind about hunni. my friend is not a bad person and ive been helping her out to train her dogs.

ive noticed that while walking hunni that quite a few people are fearful of her which is crazy!

a women today who must have hated dogs did not take kindly to hunni saying hello and pushed her away and strormed off,hunni decided she really needed to be friends and followed her,she got really excited and would not come back to me,by the time i got her back she was so over excited i had to sit with her for a bit to calm her down.

ive started some serious training to get her recall sorted and she is learning quick. she is going be be a pleasure to train.
hunnis mum
hunnis mum

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : hunni and alfie
Dog(s) Ages : alfie is 3 years hunni is 8 months
Dog Gender(s) : alfie is male hunni is female
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by shakespearesdog Mon Mar 12 2012, 19:33

What breed of dog is Alfie? How could anyone be scared of Hunni, she's adorable!

shakespearesdog
Banned
Banned

Status Status :

Female
Dog(s) Ages :
Support total : 55

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down