Scratching/itching puppy and really sore nipple

4 posters

Go down

Scratching/itching puppy and really sore nipple Empty Scratching/itching puppy and really sore nipple

Post by x0gawjus0x Tue Jul 24 2012, 13:14

Heya since we got him vinnie has been itching and biting his legs and stuff, he has been treated for worms and flees before we got him (and as soon as we got him too) with advocate.. he has a really red sore crusty nipple i think where hes been itching with his leg? I havent actually seen the precise bit he itches with his leg but im assuming its his nipple as its the only one which is red/sore and crusty.. does anyone have any ideas what it may be?

He's eating Orijen puppy food, he was previously on bakers.. but hes been like this in both foods he has been eating so not sure if its that? we use non bio washing liquid too if that makes any difference? we give him fish4dogs treats. Thanks for any info
x0gawjus0x
x0gawjus0x
Mega Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Vinnie
Dog(s) Ages : 10/05/2012
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 6

Back to top Go down

Scratching/itching puppy and really sore nipple Empty Re: Scratching/itching puppy and really sore nipple

Post by Kathy Tue Jul 24 2012, 14:33

Try cleaning with some boiled and cooled water whenever you come in from a walk. If it continues maybe a little sudocreme would soothe the itching, or ask veterinary nurse for further advice.

Check the ingredients list of the food he is now on for soya as this will effectively increase estrogen levels which can effect the nipples.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Scratching/itching puppy and really sore nipple Empty Re: Scratching/itching puppy and really sore nipple

Post by Guest Tue Jul 24 2012, 22:40

kathytake2 wrote:Try cleaning with some boiled and cooled water whenever you come in from a walk. If it continues maybe a little sudocreme would soothe the itching, or ask veterinary nurse for further advice.

Check the ingredients list of the food he is now on for soya as this will effectively increase estrogen levels which can effect the nipples.

Good advice, it could be an allergy from something outside.

Back to top Go down

Post by janey Tue Jul 24 2012, 23:02

Everything is so new atm, great advice given and give him time to settle, new pup being thrown into the temps we are getting could be a whole host of things!

Try not to worry just keep an eye on it Xx
janey
janey

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Moo
Dog(s) Ages : 5ish
Dog Gender(s) : Girly
Support total : 4824

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychadelic Thu Jul 26 2012, 14:13

Hey...

My pup does the same thing. Got a rash and sore nipples and was excessively scratching. When taking him for his 3rd vacc, I asked the vet what to do. He has been put on a hypo-allergenic diet (of special, expensive biscuits ONLY) as some dogs are allergic to certain foods. Eg chicken and treats! So we are trying this for the next 6 weeks to determine if it is the food causing the irritation. I guess I will keep you informed call me
Psychadelic
Psychadelic
Super Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Oden
Dog(s) Ages : 4 months

Back to top Go down

Post by x0gawjus0x Thu Jul 26 2012, 21:05

oh right maybe its that then because he has a few red patches on his belly too going to the vet monday for him to get microchipped so will ask the vet then Smile
x0gawjus0x
x0gawjus0x

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychadelic Sun Jul 29 2012, 10:35

Just an update, Oden's rash and scabby nipples have cleared. I would definitely look into what he might be allergic too! :/
Psychadelic
Psychadelic

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Oden
Dog(s) Ages : 4 months

Back to top Go down

Post by x0gawjus0x Mon Jul 30 2012, 15:10

oh really vinnies nipple has got much less sore but thats only because i distract him when he goes to bite or itch, going to the vets tonight so i will let you know wht they say Smile x
x0gawjus0x
x0gawjus0x

Status Status :

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down