Grrrr irresponsible people

4 posters

Go down

Grrrr irresponsible people Empty Grrrr irresponsible people

Post by jshrew Sun Jul 15 2012, 17:19

Well I was all sorted to take Ledger into the park to play with his boomer ball this is a chore in itself as he wants the ball instantly and tries to destroy whatever bag I put it in. It was amazing he was calm and on his flexi lead but locked short (else he jumps when I have the ball) as I got out of the house some of the neighbours were arguing over the road which I thought nothing of til I passed their house (at the entrance to the park) and Tyson their yappy snarly (i think its jrt crossed dachschund) mini tornado came hurtling at us from the alley at the back of the houses. This dog is 90% of the time in the kitchen window barking at anyone who goes past but today the back door was open and out he had come.

Ledger was calm and not really interested and we tried to keep walking but rat features kept following, jumping at Ledgers neck then getting beneath him at which point Ledger had had enough he tensed growled and I heard rat features snarling, luckily I had Ledger on a short enough lead and easily got hold of his collar to keep his head up but ratty was a snappy little ........ luckily his owners came over and were ever so apologetic though the chap that managed to get hold of ratty kept shouting dont you bite me you little ........

I was just so grateful that Ledger isn't DA as ratty wouldn't have stood a chance as it was that split second til I got hold of Ledgers collar there was enough potential for him to cause significant damage but its another example of people thinking a small dog doesn't need training and I have never seen it taken further than about 10 steps from the house for a walk

As it was Ledger still got to have his 30minutes in the park with his boomer ball before being snarled at again as rat features poked his head out of the cat flap when we walked home
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Grrrr irresponsible people Empty Re: Grrrr irresponsible people

Post by Guest Sun Jul 15 2012, 17:30

its always the little ones out looking for trouble , though we did meet some very friendly yorkies today that didnt yap or anything and Tommy got on well with them

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 15 2012, 18:34

Fortunately Ledger was so chilled. One solid bite from a staffie coulddo some serious damage to a little dog. Thank goodness we dont come accross too many on our walks and Tyson is very laid back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Jul 15 2012, 18:49

at wits end What is it with these little Jack Russel Terrorisers they always seem to me to be the ones that start things and never get the blame.

Glad to hear that ledger was so well behaved and only wanted to go to the park and play with his boomer ball, poor lad.
Kathy
Kathy
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 15 2012, 22:04

I really dislike people with little dogs that don't bother to train them

Back to top Go down

Post by moffman Sun Jul 15 2012, 22:56

Any dog that is not properly trained and under control is a menace, especially when they come into contact with a powerful dog like a SBT.
moffman
moffman
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Male
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Blu
Dog(s) Ages : 6
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by nsgdm1 Mon Jul 16 2012, 18:49

I had someone a few weeks ago when I was walking up an alleyway near us.
He was an elderly man with 2 collies I had 2 of the boys with me both on leads, his dogs kept running up to mine and running round them ,after a glare from me he whistled and they went back ,then they did it again,good job I had the boys are they are the calmest of my dogs ,but these dogs were beginning to agitate them as they were coming right up to them bounding about, he called them back again when I stopped and made my 2 sit, on the 3rd time I was getting really annoyed so I got my phone out and filmed his dogs running around and bounding up to mine, he then shouted at me asked me what I thought I was doing ,I said I was filming his dogs ,he then said I had no right to film them ,I told him that being as people class my dogs as aggressive then I was filming the proof that my dogs were both on their leads and his dogs were being confrontational ,just incase one of my dogs has enough and decides to go for his dogs.
He grumbled something then called his dogs back and put them on leads.
The really annoying thing was I am sure he was doing it deliberately ,what made it worse was the fact he was at least 60 yrs old so should really have known better.
I do not know what his idea was maybe trying to get a reaction from my dogs and report them.
I would suggest to anyone who has their dog under control and another dog comes up and starts to wind it up even if it is playfully,to get your phone out and video it just incase.
nsgdm1
nsgdm1

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Archie , Skye ,Ollie ,Beauty ,Giggsy , Sugar
Dog Gender(s) : 3 dogs 3 bitches
Support total : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content