+5
micheled
asa-james
roz w
lilembem88
jshrew
9 posters

Go down

Lesson to some ppl that its not ALL staffies that r bad!!! Arrrrrggghhh Empty Lesson to some ppl that its not ALL staffies that r bad!!! Arrrrrggghhh

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20 2012, 09:54

Im calmer now so dont feel like screaming Laughing
Yesterday I took Mazda, Kodi & Brandy for thier afternoon walk, we bumps into a young lab (all on lead), My daughter heard the woman say to her hubby, "pull her away them 2 are them killer dogs" angry , As they got closer my 2 were good as gold wagged tails etc, but not Brandy (shes DA out)............ she went nuts at this dog, the staffies still ignored Brandy and calmly carried on walking, Whilst Brandy is spinning like a nutter on the lead, I then couldnt help myself calmly said to the woman "see my love not devil dogs after all are they staffies" smug she put her head down and was gone!!
We then this morning bumped into them and i only had the staffies with me (Brandy needs 1 to 1 at wits end ) they was "oh hello, I cant believe how behaved ur dogs are" then went on to fuss them both and my bubs had a little play with the lab smug Big Grin

2 more people changed thier opinion on staffies thumbs up

I know I shouldnt be so smart ar*e but im sick of the attitude round here Laughing

Back to top Go down

Lesson to some ppl that its not ALL staffies that r bad!!! Arrrrrggghhh Empty Re: Lesson to some ppl that its not ALL staffies that r bad!!! Arrrrrggghhh

Post by Guest Wed Jun 20 2012, 10:09

Good on you for showing these media believers that not all Staffords are baduns thumbs up
But its a never ending battle the whole world over for every bull breed owner Sad

Back to top Go down

Lesson to some ppl that its not ALL staffies that r bad!!! Arrrrrggghhh Empty Re: Lesson to some ppl that its not ALL staffies that r bad!!! Arrrrrggghhh

Post by jshrew Wed Jun 20 2012, 10:30

Winning the world over one person at a time, there is a chap on our walk who had two greyhounds and always used to keep a distance from us until one day the dogs met on a corner of the park and all wagged tails said hello then went straight to the opposite owner for fuss Big Grin sadly one of his girls had a large tumor on her leg and has passed away but we now meet most mornings in the park and he now comments if Ledger is otherwise occupied by a scent in the grass and hasn't gone straight to him for a morning cuddle Smile
jshrew
jshrew
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Moderator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ledger and Maple
Dog(s) Ages : 7 and 2
Dog Gender(s) : Male and Female
Support total : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by lilembem88 Wed Jun 20 2012, 10:38

Well done mazda and kodi Big Grin its such a shame that staffies have such a bad name and (as put above) these 'media believers' cant seem to get that no dog is bad its the owners!! Especially staffies, Ive known plenty of staffs who've had good owners and all of them are just simply loving dogs Big Grin
lilembem88
lilembem88
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Regular Staffy-bull-terrier Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : SHIMMER
Dog(s) Ages : 10 WEEKS
Dog Gender(s) : FEMALE
Support total : 0

http://emma.barrett.758

Back to top Go down

Post by roz w Wed Jun 20 2012, 22:57

it is amazing how ppl are brainwashed by hype but when they meet them "devil dogs" how wrong they are proved , well done you for sticking up for the breed
roz w
roz w
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
Lesson to some ppl that its not ALL staffies that r bad!!! Arrrrrggghhh Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Trouble
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by asa-james Wed Jun 20 2012, 23:06

i remember taking Lola for a walk round around a large nature reserve, as there were few people she was off lead, and generally stayed by my side. at one point in the walk Lola noticed a small boy throwing bread to ducks, so she wandered over, and sat down next to the boy. as he innocently reached his hand out to stroke her (i'd gone for the lead and just about to call her) the mother screeched "DONT TOUCH IT IT'LL BITE YOUR HAND OFF!!". she was half the size she is now, and as i gently called "Lola, heel" and she wandered over to me, the woman seemed to look amazed that i wasnt a cider swigging, shaven headed thug, and i also had a beautiful weimeraner with me (it was in a money influenced area, and they all seemed to regard weims as money dogs...). i just smiled politley, and said "lovely weather for the time of year" as i casually wandered on...

i can only hope she noticed the only devil at the time was the volume of her damned voice
asa-james
asa-james
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Lola
Dog Gender(s) : Female
Support total : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by micheled Thu Jun 21 2012, 00:06

good for you and for Mazda and Kodi.

I had a similar experience last week at the vet. A border collie came up to sniff Callie and charged and snapped at her; Cal came and sat nicely next to me when I called her back. The owner apologized, said her dog was not feeling well. She asked what Callie was...then said, "She seems really sweet, but I don't know how you sleep at night with one of those dogs in your house. I'd never trust her around your children." I smiled and said actually, you're quite mistaken, we chose a Staffie for the personality. (Hmm, and whose dog would be more likely to eat my kids?)

As I've said before, silly people. All we can do is make sure that we and our dogs are ambassadors for the breed, right?
micheled
micheled

Status Status :

Female
Support total : 74

Back to top Go down

Post by Staffy lover Thu Jun 21 2012, 17:48

Oh idilots they all are! Good on you for putting her to shame.
Staffy lover
Staffy lover

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Pixee
Dog(s) Ages : 4 ish
Dog Gender(s) : Bitch
Support total : 214

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21 2012, 18:05

well done on your 2 thumbs up

Back to top Go down

Post by Loz&Dan Thu Jun 21 2012, 20:51

Awe good for you Smile people just need educating and stop believing everything they read in the paper.
Loz&Dan
Loz&Dan
Staffy-Bull-Terrier Donator

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Jasper Faith Roxy
Dog Gender(s) : 2 Female 1 Male
Support total : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Jellytot Fri Jun 22 2012, 14:20

I dread the day someone says something horrible about Ralph!

I had some really negative comments before I got him, like 'don't bring him near me' (I woudln't because you're boring and I don't want to be near you either) and 'killer dog' etc.

I actually got really upset at one point but it has made want to show him off even more.
Jellytot
Jellytot

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Ralph
Dog(s) Ages : 3
Dog Gender(s) : Male
Support total : 73

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Jun 22 2012, 14:32

We will change people minds if only one a time that is a great start.

Some people really do show their ignorance when they see one of these beautiful dogs, I am sure we are all doing our best to change peoples perceptions. I know of at least 3 opinions we have changed since Rocky found us.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down