vet made a big mistake

+2
*Karen*
roz w
6 posters

Go down

vet made a big mistake Empty vet made a big mistake

Post by roz w Fri Jun 08 2012, 14:54

ok gonna tell you this so that when u all go to the vets for furry babies that you make sure you are all clued up on exactly what is wrong with you dog , the treatment they recieve and how much they recieve and to never be afraid to question them.

as you may have seen on some of my posts my little Trouble has food allergies as well as grass allergies and tree allergies . well after diagnosing this and going through a intense hypertherapy regime we got it done to having a vaccine once a month . he has now been on this treatment for over a year. the first course of treatment consisted of three vials it started with visits to vets every other day then every 2 then every three then once a week etc until you get to once a month . any way the three vials lasted a year . The maintenance vial last about ten months this was ordered back in feb and was first used in april giving plenty for the rest of this year .

Two weeks ago we head off to the vets only to have a stand in vet , now my Trubs is not a good boy when it comes to these vaccines so he has to be muzzled and he will not go in the consultation room so the injection is done in the waiting room where it is less stressful for him. The vet gives him the vaccine , we go to make next appointment and in doing so the nurse says to me that i need to order some more . i tell her that i shouldnt as it was only ordered back in february , i tell her go check in the fridge , so she goes and checks and says oh yeah you have loads left , unbeknown to me the vet is listening to our conversation , he then comes out of his consultation room with tears in his eyes and apologises but tells me that he has given Trouble another dogs vaccine , of course i was cross but i didnt have a go because he looked like he was gonna burst into tears . now anyone with a dog who has allergies knows that what has just happened can have dire effects on the dog , you can imagine how i felt when they tell me that they now need to take him into the hospital to have his breathing and his heart monitored .

Luckily he was ok he was just extremly itchy but had i not been on the ball we would have been non the wiser and it could have been a lot worse . we then had to wait another 2 weeks before he could have his vaccine .

so please if your dog has a ongoing condition make sure you know absolutely everything ..

the reason he made the mistake is cos he didnt read his name but just read staffordshire bull terrier which obviously was the other dog
roz w
roz w
"Top Rank" Staffy-bull-terrier Member
vet made a big mistake Top_ra10

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Trouble
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 60

Back to top Go down

vet made a big mistake Empty Re: vet made a big mistake

Post by *Karen* Fri Jun 08 2012, 15:11

That must have been so frustrating to be told that, but at least you could see the vet was genuinely sorry!

Glad trouble was ok but like you say, when they have allergies you don't want to be upsetting the treatment at all!
*Karen*
*Karen*
Staffy-Bull-Terrier VIP Member

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Mia
Dog(s) Ages : 13 July 2011
Dog Gender(s) : Lady
Support total : 45

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Jun 08 2012, 18:58

banghead Ooooowww sometimes you feel like throttling someone dont you, can completely understand your frustrations, as I say "Calm down and Carry On".

Thankfully things turned out OK for you in the end but could so easily have been a different outcome. It pays to be vigilant.
Kathy
Kathy

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : Married
Dogs Name(s) : Rocky
Dog(s) Ages : 5 Years Old
Dog Gender(s) : Male & a bit of a tart
Support total : 4006

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Fri Jun 08 2012, 19:48

Oh crap. Glad it turned out ok, but I can't believe that! So glad to have my vet, but it really could happen to anybody. Has happend plenty with people patients as well.
Ben
Ben

Status Status :

Male
Dogs Name(s) : Frosty, Piglette
Dog(s) Ages : 3, 5
Dog Gender(s) : Male, Female
Support total : 325

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 08 2012, 23:52

So glad he is alright.
Well done to you both, not something anyone would want to go through >Big Grin<

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09 2012, 00:47

Glad to hear that he was okay and well done to you for handling it so well

Back to top Go down

Post by roz w Sat Jun 09 2012, 07:22

there was know point in getting angry as i couldnt undo what had been done but those few hours after i was very worried but from now on i make sure they have checked the bottle especially as there is another staffy have similar treatment
roz w
roz w

Status Status :

Female
Dogs Name(s) : Trouble
Dog(s) Ages : 4 yrs
Dog Gender(s) : male
Support total : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by willowthewisp Sat Jun 16 2012, 21:27

i know we are all "only human" but thats quite a mistake to make thank goodness trouble is ok !
willowthewisp
willowthewisp

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : willow and chester
Dog(s) Ages : willow 3 years chester 2
Dog Gender(s) : willow female chester male
Support total : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Nosipho Tue Jun 19 2012, 11:17

How stressful Sad
Nosipho
Nosipho

Status Status :

Female
Relationship Status : In a relationship
Dogs Name(s) : Skibadee, Tali, Kali-Mist, Nugget and Meg
Dog(s) Ages : 25/8/2005 - 01/10/2008 - 01/08/2012 - 23/10/2013992
Dog Gender(s) : All Girlies
Support total : 191

http://www.nosiphostaffords.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 19 2012, 15:55

At least he came out and came clean. I know of a vet who would have gave it to him and then if he died said that you had killed him! I took my cat to him one time when it had a bite on its neck and he gave it an "anti-biotic" which was about the size of a syringe you would use for feeding a puppy, filled with white goopy stuff. I was only a child so didnt know any better but the cat was dead the next day. He was shut down loads of times but kept opening it again under a different name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down